Help! I forgot to buffered the coco coir before repotting clones and now they are stressed

• Thread starter surhaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
surhaze

surhaze

So yeah I forgot to buffered the coco coir before repotting clones and then added my first doses of nuts (pH 5.8, EC 1.2).

When I measured the EC of the run-off it was in 2.0! So I decide to do a flush with a medium dose of nutes (reach 0.3 EC with Calcium and from there add the nutrient bases until reaching 0.6). It took me some watering trough the day to have a run-off of 1.0.

First time growing in full coco coir and perlite. They were happy and in full growth but after repotting they fell down. Now waiting to see if this works! 😱

It was good what I did or I screwed up more? Any advice is well taken!

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

The only advice i have for you is that i never did anything to the coco besides first nutes. And these babies have been green ever since.

20210414 193623
surhaze

surhaze

The only advice i have for you is that i never did anything to the coco besides first nutes. And these babies have been green ever since.
Beautiful girls over there!! by the way I suspect that the coco coir I bought isn't the best quality possible (don't buffered) but it's the only option that I found here in my city. Thank you for share your garden and I wish you the best!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Seems like you took care of it already. Pictures help ALOT, if you have time or the capability post some pics for us. Even if everything looks great I love seeing pics of plants.

surhaze

surhaze

Seems like you took care of it already. Pictures help ALOT, if you have time or the capability post some pics for us. Even if everything looks great I love seeing pics of plants.

This photo was taken after the repotting!

IMG 4407

This is how they look now:

IMG 4408

Thank you all for your answers!

Taurus

Taurus

How is that possible? Every single time I grow in straight coco I gotta wash the crap out of it with atleast a 3.0 EC of nuts to get it ready. And the plants STILL take awhile to green up

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

How is that possible? Every single time I grow in straight coco I gotta wash the crap out of it with atleast a 3.0 EC of nuts to get it ready. And the plants STILL take awhile to green up
Depends on the quality coco you buy. The dry bricks will need to be washed and buffered. You can also buy bags of coco for growing that come pre washed and buffered.

Top Bottom