Help I think I am killing my plant.

• Thread starter pwputman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pwputman

I am a new grower and this is my first time trying. I don't know what is wrong with my plant but it is very stretchy and appears to be stunted. I also found some spots on the leaves. I am not sure what to do. Am I overwatering? Is my soil PH too high or low? I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I know I am doing something. Maybe I didn't plan it through enough. I am growing in a greenhouse in Oklahoma. The weather here is hot, sometimes humid. I am having trouble keeping the temp and humidity under control. I don't know what to do. I am growing an autoflower called Whiskey Zulu from Twenty20 Genetics. I planted her on May 3rd. She sprouted on may 7th.

IMG_0423.jpeg

F71EB8FC-DEF5-4284-94EE-2DBFE9495A5C_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0422.jpeg

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That doesn't look too far off what a 10-day old plant would look like.

Those dots on the leaf in the second pic look like they could be from a pest, but I'm no expert on pests. Using a magnifier, check for mites and thrips.

The third pic might be showing some light burn. Odd pattern! I've never seen it before.

You could also be in danger of overwatering. When new growers have a small plant that they fear isn't doing well, they seem almost compelled to water it to death. That thing has all the water it needs for a while. Roots need oxygen and when the soil is always wet, they don't get it, they die, they rot...

P

pwputman

That doesn't look too far off what a 10-day old plant would look like.

Those dots on the leaf in the second pic look like they could be from a pest, but I'm no expert on pests. Using a magnifier, check for mites and thrips.

The third pic might be showing some light burn. Odd pattern! I've never seen it before.

You could also be in danger of overwatering. When new growers have a small plant that they fear isn't doing well, they seem almost compelled to water it to death. That thing has all the water it needs for a while. Roots need oxygen and when the soil is always wet, they don't get it, they die, they rot...
OK I was worries she had heat stress and seemed like she was slow growing. Thank you very much for your reply, I will definitely take your advice to heart! Thanks again for taking the time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom