Help identifying a pest problem in my organic soil veg tent.

• Thread starter NoNutesForMe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NoNutesForMe

NoNutesForMe

This is my first post here and I guess it’s a bit embarrassing but Reddit hasn’t gotten back to me yet and I just want to ID these buggers ASAP to give me the best chance to eliminate them ASAP.

So I’m pretty fastidious in my efforts but lately in the late summer months we’ve been dealing with a lot of flies and fruit flies In our home. Every time I see one I go crazy grab a spray bottle with an ipm product mostly to slow it’s flight path down making them easier to murder. I suspect whatever these are they came in on a fly but I don’t know. My plants got too stressed for 20 hours when a small tropical storm with 60 MPH gusts and 25-30 mph sustained winds knocked power out in our area and they didn’t get it running again till almost a full day after. but before then i had accidentally over watered some of the plants in one of my rooted clone trays so some of them were stressed out however I noticed the issue of these larva and some eggs on a new bonsai mom seedling. Im attaching photos any help is appreciated. I grow using soil mostly blended myself with DTE, roots organic, epsoma, and Dr earth meal blends with the occasional tea and some KNF ferment supplements. I have an IPM product that I had been lightly spraying but now I am going all out and am mixing several IPM products together (green cleaner and lost coast plant therapy as well as a KNF ipm solutjon with more mint and garlic as well as some other things I’m unsure of, have to ask who gave it to me.) this is a double whammy as I have been battling WPM in my flower room. 5 weeks ago I had sprayed plant therapy 3 days in a row and knocked the provlem back, but then last week 2 daya before the power outage I saw some more in under growth and applied the last 2 ounces I had. Then I had a neighbor loan me 2 more ounces and I found a sample bottle of green cleaner which is so similar I mixed them together to stretch the plant therapy and then added 1/10 of the KNF solution. so in 5 days away and I’m spraying today and tomorrow and will also be spraying with plain RO water a couple hours after my spray application just to rinse ang residue off the flowers although the mixture of these products is safe and leaves minimal residue I an still a stickler for quality and am going to go as hard as I can and do as much as I can to make a plant dunk and rinse an unnecessary step.

but these pests are only in my veg tent. Only noticed then today and they definitely weren’t on Then a few days ago. I emptied the tent out completelt and scrubbed it down with bleach then I sprayed all the clones teens and seedling bonsai parents with my mix of plant therapy green cleaner (which are inherently the same product) and KNF ipm solution I an using for PM but I also added a drop of silica which I would never spray in late flower.

I can see see these with my naked eye even the eggs so I don’t believe they are russet or broad mites. That was a 30x growers microscope i believe. (It’s a 30-60 I think?) I was thinking maybe they are thrips or leaf miners? Any ideas are appreciated thank you.

Help identifying a pest problem in my organic soil veg tent
Help identifying a pest problem in my organic soil veg tent 2
Help identifying a pest problem in my organic soil veg tent 3
Help identifying a pest problem in my organic soil veg tent 4
Top Bottom