Help identifying an issue? (rockwool top feeding, glueberry muffins from destiny exotic genetics)

• Thread starter PpmOver9000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Hello all, I will try to post as much info that seems relevant to try to gather some information from the growers on here.

Media: Rockwool (Grodan Pargro Quick Drains)
Feeding: Top feed with 1/4" spaghetti lines free flowing (no drip emitters)
Nutrients: Veg+Bloom and Stackswell(calmag)
Water: RO
Feed PPM (500 scale): 800
Feed PH: 5.0-5.2

I am currently nearing the end of the 4th week of veg and seeing what looks like a Ca deficiency? For the first 3 weeks of the veg stage I had been feeding at 5.7 PH/ 750 PPM and everyday when I would syringe test the rockwool cubes I was getting readings around 6.4ph and 600 PPM. From what I understand so far, this is a sign that they need a stronger feed? This is the main reason why my Feed Ph lately is set at 5.0-5.2~ so they would naturally rise through the optimal range.

My initial thoughts was that Ca is not available at higher ph levels in rockwool (fact check me on this please) so the reason I am seeing Ca deficiencies was because the PH kept rising out of range in the rockwool cubes. But for the past week or so I have been feeding a very low PH stated above, and the Ph in the blocks have been showing a steady 5.6-5.7 everyday. But the leaves are looking worse and worse (including newer growth).

So my main question is, should I actually increase the strength of my nutrients or just continue feeding at a low ph and let them eat and rise the ph through the entire range?

I am just weary of raising my feed PPM because that never seems to be the real solution in my experience. Any thought or questions welcome, thank you!

Help identifying an issue rockwool top feeding glueberry muffins from destiny exotic genetics
Help identifying an issue rockwool top feeding glueberry muffins from destiny exotic genetics 2
Help identifying an issue rockwool top feeding glueberry muffins from destiny exotic genetics 3
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your feed ph is too low, that's what's causing the coppery browning and pale green. Don't get hung up on what the ph is in the blocks. I gave up syringe testing unless something looks off or runoff is weird. I test the runoff ec more than anything.
Feed them around 5.7 ph your ppm is fine.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

OK good to know @Dirtbag, knew you would have something useful to say.

andrew999

andrew999

Hello all, I will try to post as much info that seems relevant to try to gather some information from the growers on here.

Media: Rockwool (Grodan Pargro Quick Drains)
Feeding: Top feed with 1/4" spaghetti lines free flowing (no drip emitters)
Nutrients: Veg+Bloom and Stackswell(calmag)
Water: RO
Feed PPM (500 scale): 800
Feed PH: 5.0-5.2

I am currently nearing the end of the 4th week of veg and seeing what looks like a Ca deficiency? For the first 3 weeks of the veg stage I had been feeding at 5.7 PH/ 750 PPM and everyday when I would syringe test the rockwool cubes I was getting readings around 6.4ph and 600 PPM. From what I understand so far, this is a sign that they need a stronger feed? This is the main reason why my Feed Ph lately is set at 5.0-5.2~ so they would naturally rise through the optimal range.

My initial thoughts was that Ca is not available at higher ph levels in rockwool (fact check me on this please) so the reason I am seeing Ca deficiencies was because the PH kept rising out of range in the rockwool cubes. But for the past week or so I have been feeding a very low PH stated above, and the Ph in the blocks have been showing a steady 5.6-5.7 everyday. But the leaves are looking worse and worse (including newer growth).

So my main question is, should I actually increase the strength of my nutrients or just continue feeding at a low ph and let them eat and rise the ph through the entire range?

I am just weary of raising my feed PPM because that never seems to be the real solution in my experience. Any thought or questions welcome, thank you!
I run vegbloom too... I experienced same issue in start of flower. I use co2 as well. you need to increase your feeding follow their chart. 5-6 part base 1 part stackwell, I recommend +life to help uptake of nutrients. I run in coco/perlite and will try Rockwool next round. Make sure you have 10-20% runoff. Hope this helps

Top Bottom