Help Identifying Brown Spots on Leaves

• Thread starter demman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
demman

demman

Hey everyone,

A few weeks into my second grow now. Yesterday I decided to try out topping, and also tied the branches down for some extra training. Today when I checked on the plant, I discovered some brown spotting on the leaves. This seemingly happened over night, as comparing it to the picture's I took the previous day, no spots were visible.

My current uneducated guesses are either calcium deficiency or leaf septoria? I do add calmag, but only half the recommended amount. Should I be upping that perhaps? Hoping that this is just the plant freaking out for a day or two after the work I did to it yesterday. Had great results in saving a disastrous first grow thanks to this forum, so I figured it best to reach out for a second round of advice. Appreciate any input about the problem or the plant in general.

Copied from readme:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones
2. How old are your plants?
About 3 weeks
3. How tall are your plants?
About 9 inches after the past training
4. What size containers are they planted in?
3 gallon pots
5. What is your soil mix?
2/3 Fox Farm Ocean Forest 1/3 Perlite
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Every 2-3 days, tap water
7. What is the pH of your water?
Around 6.5 after nutrients
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Just started with Fox Farm grow big, 6-4-4 at half strength. Also use calmag 2-0-0 at half strength.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
200w LED
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
18 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
4 ft2
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Keep room around 67, unknown humidity
14. What is the pH of the soil?
unknown
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
None
16. How much experience do you have growing?
Second grow

Help identifying brown spots on leaves
Help identifying brown spots on leaves 2
Help identifying brown spots on leaves 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’d say you’re right about it being a calcium deficiency. it’s a semi mobile nutrient, causes could be a few things, maybe research that compare it with what you have been doing, than let us know what you think you should do, as you know your grow better than us.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Spray with cal mag.
Mr. G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
New leaves look good tho so keep up the good work. 👍

demman

demman

Thanks for the reassurance both of you, gonna up to the calmag to the suggested amount and hope for results. Maybe will stop by the store and look for a calcium only supplement. Let’s hope this gets it under control!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
"Unknown humidity" is a big red flag. Especially regarding calcium uptake. You probably have plenty in the soil. Read up on calcium and how it works in cannabis so you can understand how to make it always available. It's the tricky nute.

And always track your RH 👍

Can almost guarantee adding more at this point is going to make it worse.

demman

demman

"Unknown humidity" is a big red flag. Especially regarding calcium uptake. You probably have plenty in the soil. Read up on calcium and how it works in cannabis so you can understand how to make it always available. It's the tricky nute.

And always track your RH 👍

Can almost guarantee adding more at this point is going to make it worse.
I’ll take this as an excuse to get some more tent tools as a late Christmas present! Appreciate the knowledge

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I’ll take this as an excuse to get some more tent tools as a late Christmas present! Appreciate the knowledge
For $5 bucks they almost qualify as stocking stuffers lol 👍🎄🎅

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Spray with cal mag.
Mr. G
spraying cal mag defiantly helps but it there's a chance hes going into lock out id spray low does of my micro grow bloom 3 part and itll take them outa lock out first sometimes second spray and will help the deficiency if you only spray cal mag you might only fix the cal mag deficiency and end up with out deficiency cause you'll still be in lock out

Top Bottom