Help identifying issues on my plants leaves? Details..

• Thread starter my_secret_garden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

Please see attached my leafy boye. Water changed 2 days ago. 10 Litres of water, sat for 48 hours, General Hydroponic Nutes. About 20ish days old from seed. Early veg

Lights: ViparSpectra XS 1000 LED About 18-20 Inches from Canopy 100% Power currently on schedule 20/4 until I can figure out if it's Photo or Auto.

Nutes: General Hydroponics Trio feeding was:
Micro: 10ml
Gro: 15ml
Bloom: 5ml

PH it down to 5.8 and PPM was 800

First discovered this today. 800PPM still and new growth on plant. PH has went up to 6.8 however.

Is it septoria, nute lock or calcium deficiency? Has the PH went up and subsequently locked?

Whatiswhatdo
PK1

PK1

Supporter
give us a bit of information. So you are growing hydroponically.
ph, ppm, water source, nutrients, enzymes and humidity and temps of grow space as well as your rez.

She looks bad cuz of temp and humidity i think

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

give us a bit of information. So you are growing hydroponically.
ph, ppm, water source, nutrients, enzymes and humidity and temps of grow space as well as your rez.

She looks bad cuz of temp and humidity i think

A lot of these details are in the original post

DWC Hydro. Oxypot with airline going to 2 long bar airstones. Plenty of aiflow. Roots look healthy and white.
10 Litres Tap Water left to sit for 48 hours. Initial PH before anything: 7.8
Initial PPM of water before anything: 190PPM

PPM After adding nutes: 816~
PH After adding nutes: 7~ (from memory, did not make note)
PH down to 5.8 stable after 10-15 minutes

Enzymes?: None?

Humidity kept between 40% and 50% via a humidifier and humidity meter turning it on if it drops below 40% RH

Temps:
High: 25
Low: 20

Current PH is 6.8 it seems to have shot up after 2 days

Rez temperature is the only thing I haven't monitored...

Maybe I need to drop my Humidity now?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
boost your humidity to 75% at 26c. How far is the light from the plant and what is the light intensity if you have one of those adjustable once. I guess you can see some of the roots?

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

boost your humidity to 75% at 26c. How far is the light from the plant and what is the light intensity if you have one of those adjustable once. I guess you can see some of the roots?

ViparSpectra XS 1000 LED About 18-20 Inches from Canopy 100% Power currently on schedule 20/4

Don't have a PAR/umol rating but the LUX is 30k~ and if the amazon listing is to be believed that's around 8-900 umol at that distance

2 roots are at an educated guess around 8 inches long

The rest and majority of them are approximately 3 inches long with about 2inches of that showing below the net pot

Last edited:
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i would drop you a picture for best humidity and temps, but i've got so many in my profile. just have alook at the pictures and you'll see the chart.

Also, if you can't move the light higher than you are going to fall into another problem with it. Cuz the plant will strech another 2 ft in flower

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have just moved the light, 2 foot is as high as I could get it from the top, however I adjusted power slightly and will make better adjustment. As for the Humidity, should I also change that or see how I get on with the light first?
10k lux right now especially with 20/4 cycle.

25c 65-70% is probably ideal but you can get away with lower if you don't kill en with light.

You ppm are way to high depending on source water 200-300 or 300-400ppm should be more fitting.

What is your source water?.... tap, well, RO? Sounds like you have an alkalinity issue if your ph is swinging that much.

What ph down are you using?

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

10k lux right now especially with 20/4 cycle.

Perfect will do that!

25c 65-70% is probably ideal but you can get away with lower if you don't kill en with light.

I will adjust humidity accordingly! Easy to do anyway, can punch a few numbers in my pc and the magic will make the rest happen.

You ppm are way to high depending on source water 200-300 or 300-400ppm should be more fitting.

My water comes from my tap and comes out the tap at 190ppm. We have low chlorine here and no chloramine so I just left evaporation take care of the little that may be in it before mixing. I can mix lower strength nutes ASAP if my mix is too high for this early

What is your source water?.... tap, well, RO? Sounds like you have an alkalinity issue if your ph is swinging that much.

Source water is just regular old tap water, it's a hardwater area and the PPM out the tap is 190

What ph down are you using?

Vitalink - PH Down
(81% Phosphoric Acid)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Perfect will do that!

I will adjust humidity accordingly! Easy to do anyway, can punch a few numbers in my pc and the magic will make the rest happen.

My water comes from my tap and comes out the tap at 190ppm. We have low chlorine here and no chloramine so I just left evaporation take care of the little that may be in it before mixing. I can mix lower strength nutes ASAP if my mix is too high for this early

Source water is just regular old tap water, it's a hardwater area and the PPM out the tap is 190

Vitalink - PH Down
(81% Phosphoric Acid)
Ok that all looks good. May need some magnesium later on because of the high calcium in the tap. About 400ppm should be good right now.

Ph adjust last and think you will be in a good place after small adjustments.

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

Ok that all looks good. May need some magnesium later on because of the high calcium in the tap. About 400ppm should be good right now.

Ph adjust last and think you will be in a good place after small adjustments.

Always PH adjust last! Thank you. This is my first grow so I'm trying to be as anal as I can and learn as much as I can. I'm proud to have gotten to where I have so I wanted to get on top of this as soon as I saw it. All commenting have been very helpful! That's the humidity on it's way up and it's at about 60 and climbing now, the nutrients will unfortunately have to wait until morning (Girlfriend was mad I opened the grow as it's in a cupboard and she's asleep.) So unfortunately that mix will have to do for another 10 hours or so, I hope it won't kill it or anything.

Thanks for the help! Awesome community and very active here.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

A lot of these details are in the original post

DWC Hydro. Oxypot with airline going to 2 long bar airstones. Plenty of aiflow. Roots look healthy and white.
10 Litres Tap Water left to sit for 48 hours. Initial PH before anything: 7.8
Initial PPM of water before anything: 190PPM

PPM After adding nutes: 816~
PH After adding nutes: 7~ (from memory, did not make note)
PH down to 5.8 stable after 10-15 minutes

Enzymes?: None?

Humidity kept between 40% and 50% via a humidifier and humidity meter turning it on if it drops below 40% RH

Temps:
High: 25
Low: 20

Current PH is 6.8 it seems to have shot up after 2 days

Rez temperature is the only thing I haven't monitored...

Maybe I need to drop my Humidity now?
You're feeding them too heavily. Those are small plants with the cotyledons still attached.
Those little round leaves have enough fertilizer in them to make the plant survive to as big as it is now.
You're giving a baby plant the nutrients for aggressive vegitative growth.
A plant that small should be getting 5ml/gal of each of the 3 parts of GH flora, AT THE MOST.
I would start out with 3ml/gal with baby plants.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I don't understand people and measuring ppm. It has directions on the side of the gh flora bottles. Add 5ml of calmag and follow the instructions on the side of the bottle and you're almost guaranteed to get good results.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't understand people and measuring ppm. It has directions on the side of the gh flora bottles. Add 5ml of calmag and follow the instructions on the side of the bottle and you're almost guaranteed to get good results.
Because ppm changes and knowing the input you can see if they are eating or not and how much. It gives you a lot more info. I dont understand why someone would do hydro without it... thats almost like saying why test ph in hydro.... its so much usable info.

I have honestly never heard that said before... im curious as to why you would not want to test ppm?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Because ppm changes and knowing the input you can see if they are eating or not and how much. It gives you a lot more info. I dont understand why someone would do hydro without it... thats almost like saying why test ph in hydro.... its so much usable info.

I have honestly never heard that said before... im curious as to why you would not want to test ppm?
I've never grown in hydro so that's a different story. In soil and coco since after my first few grows where I over thought everything and loved them to death I have never tested ppm and also never had a problem that wasn't easily spotted and fixed.

I feed my plants by how aggressive they are growing,how big/old they are and in what stage of growth. I tried messing with ppm back when I grew with fox farm nutes and burned the crap out of my plants. I threw the tds pen in the drawer and have had amazing plants every time since by following the instructions on the bottles. I do have a few other secrets to my success but the main one is following instructions.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've never grown in hydro so that's a different story. In soil and coco since after my first few grows where I over thought everything and loved them to death I have never tested ppm and also never had a problem that wasn't easily spotted and fixed.

I feed my plants by how aggressive they are growing,how big/old they are and in what stage of growth. I tried messing with ppm back when I grew with fox farm nutes and burned the crap out of my plants. I threw the tds pen in the drawer and have had amazing plants every time since by following the instructions on the bottles. I do have a few other secrets to my success but the main one is following instructions.
Oh definitely i see where you coming from on the soil and organic nutes.

Top Bottom