Help identifying issues on my plants leaves? Details..

• Thread starter my_secret_garden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

I've never grown in hydro so that's a different story. In soil and coco since after my first few grows where I over thought everything and loved them to death I have never tested ppm and also never had a problem that wasn't easily spotted and fixed.

I feed my plants by how aggressive they are growing,how big/old they are and in what stage of growth. I tried messing with ppm back when I grew with fox farm nutes and burned the crap out of my plants. I threw the tds pen in the drawer and have had amazing plants every time since by following the instructions on the bottles. I do have a few other secrets to my success but the main one is following instructions.

Yeah I think it's different for Organic and Soil, I've heard that DWC was faster and there was more control over the plants. DWC Was probably not the smartest move for a beginner grow, I have heard that there is more margin for error on soil, however with DWC if you mess up you have the ability to literally restart by flushing everything out, swapping to water for a day or 2, and redoing your nutes, allowing you to quickly fix a deficiency and learn your nutes really well etc

Also on the side of GH bottles there is an actual EC target so it tells me on the side what EC I should be getting after all the nutrients to the water which means I can always check and compare to their suggestions which also tells me if I've mixed right. And as Aqua said it also shows me by reading the PPM how much of the nutrients they are taking in thus letting me know that they're feeding :)

Also with soil and organic nutes the PH can be a whole point higher than DWC, something to due with the soluability of the nutrients as a salt, meaning the PH is much more important in a DWC as if the PH is too high, some of the nutrients cannot be absorbed by the plant, thus causing lockouts and deficiencies!

my_secret_garden

my_secret_garden

Hey all! Adjusting the light of the height and the rest of the suggestions seems to have kept the leave the exact same, IE they're not getting better but they're not getting worse. I would suspect a few days are needed to see the real effect of the changes

However I'm now facing a new problem on some of the newer leaves on the plant. Can't get a photo right now however they're curling upwards on the edges. Could this be because now the humidity may be too high?

Top Bottom