Help identifying mite

• Thread starter Seraphine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schnauzer

Schnauzer

I’m new t
They def Look like Hypoaspis miles! Ive had them for years in rockwool and Coco. Don't waste your time trying to kill them. Do you have fungus gnats or feeding bennies? Thats what they're eating! PM me and ill send you a video of them from my own grows they look exactly the same and I've had them for years. All of my best runs have been with them. nothing to worry about.

I once spent so much time trying to kill them until i realized they were helping and not hurting. Don't waste your time or money! If you really want to kill them which i don't recommend use Botanigard WP for soil born mites.
o growing....3 years... and I killed a load of plants thinking they were spider mites. I refuse to use any chemicals. I could not keep them down they just kept breeding. I did finally get rid of them but it wasn’t needed and I spent many hours “worrying about my spider mites” that weren’t.

T

Tmite

You should really be using lost coast plant therapy. No need to rotate out anything else. Its omri listed and kills on contact. can be used up to day of harvest and overall is a great product. Check it out. Best of all they cant build a resistance to it.
Mix a tablespoon of viniger to I believe 1 cup to 2 cups water and spray plant with a spray bottle a couple times a day. Should be gone in a few days

T

Tmite

What about a type of soil mite? They eat decaying material which could be why they are populated on the outside of the fabric pots near the air pruned roots. They might not like the coco coir which is why I find some on the leafs. They also crawl on top of the leaves not just the underside. I’m going to keep researching to see if I can identify this mite since i might be close to figuring out what it it is.
Use use 1 tablespoon of peroxide to one gallon water and pour in soil. If they are on the roots itll start boiling air bubbles and you will see where they are. Do that a couple times in a 2 week span.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Update: I haven’t been able to identify the mites but I have narrowed them down to soil mites (the ones that eat decomposing organic material) or bulb mites. I doubt they are bulb mites because they don’t appear to be feeding on the roots. Anyways, I noticed they are basically nonexistent in my flower tent and the only two things that are different between the flower and veg tent are: in the flower tent, they get weekly sulfur supplements as terpene enhancer and the coco dries much quicker. Sooo I decided to start feeding the veg tent sulfur and feeding every other day instead of daily and boom, numbers have been drastically reduced to almost gone. I’ll check today when I feed.

I really think it’s the elemental sulfur that is fixing the problem. Elemental sulfur has been used for thousands of years as an effective miticide since it is toxic to mites. I bought a duster that I’ll use to dust some sulfur and DE on the exterior of the fabric pots if I still see some crawling around.

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

Use use 1 tablespoon of peroxide to one gallon water and pour in soil. If they are on the roots itll start boiling air bubbles and you will see where they are. Do that a couple times in a 2 week span.
Thanks! Did this, no bubbles. Not sure if if makes a difference if I grow in coco and not soil.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Thanks! Did this, no bubbles. Not sure if if makes a difference if I grow in coco and not soil.

When I do this I do 4:1 water to Hydrogen peroxide. I have even pulled the plant from the out and submerged the entire thing in 3% HP, I didn’t mix any water with it. I held it under (inside a 5 gal bucket) and let the sucker bubble. Then I pulled it out, dunked it in water then into a larger pot, made sure to rinse greens. Killed all my fungus gnats, plant went from sad to amazing over night.

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

Anyone know what this is? Growing in a geranium outside. North East America.
Those are one of the Bird's Nest fungi. They're growing on woody debris that must be at the bottom of your pot. These aren't going to hurt your plant.

Top Bottom