Help identifying my issue please..

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

hey guys, i am just wondering if anyone is able to tell me what this is from these pictures? it is affecting 2 of my 3 seedlings on the lower leafs only. any help is greatly appreciated.. ive got myself convinced its some kind of fungal issue... please helpp!

Help identifying my issue please
Brown spotjpg
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
hey guys, i am just wondering if anyone is able to tell me what this is from these pictures? it is affecting 2 of my 3 seedlings on the lower leafs only. any help is greatly appreciated.. ive got myself convinced its some kind of fungal issue... please helpp!
It looks to me like over watering. Do you let the soil dry out? I personally hate those pots, they mold up on me in the propagation dome. I'm not 100% sure it's overwatering but that's my 2 cents. How long have they been in those pots? root bound? big leaves for small pots.imho

m8ty

m8ty

Is that soil? How old are the plants, I noticed the yellow cotyledons, are they outdoor?

basscaptain

basscaptain

It looks to me like over watering. Do you let the soil dry out? I personally hate those pots, they mold up on me in the propagation dome. I'm not 100% sure it's overwatering but that's my 2 cents. How long have they been in those pots? root bound? big leaves for small pots.imho
I'm starting to dislike them too for the same reason in the coner I see it turning green.... 98% sure it's over watering..................

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

It's sunshine mix number 4. And yes they have been over watered at first that's why the leaves have wilted as far as I can tell. But that does not seem to be an explanation for the leaves going yellow and covered in little brown spots. Which eventually just turn into one big brown spot..any other ideas aside from over watering ? That's is no longer an issue. But my plants are still acting very oddly.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

They're only 3 weeks. Their growth has been seriously affected by this it seems. And to answer your question I do let the soil dry. I was deff giving too much water at once at first though. But the overwatering does not seem to be the real issue here.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I mean this has got to be something unrelated to the watering.

Please... I need an answer.. my shiskaberry is dying :(

hps4891

hps4891

When in doubt, flush it out. Lol really tho id flush and see how they respond and yes watch how you water them as that could affect fungal issues or deficiencies (ph). When you come back with nutritions after flush, possibly add calmag. But it could be a number of things. Being that its only lower leaves says to me that it may possibly be an immobile nutrient deficiency. And make sure no nutrition water gets on the leaves. Also watch your temp & rh % closely!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I mean this has got to be something unrelated to the watering.View attachment 901830

Please... I need an answer.. my shiskaberry is dying :(
I still think its just over watering and the dying leaves are a result of that. Are new leaves yellowing? I'd cut the dying leaves and make sure the ph is okay in any water you add. I only water / feed when they feel light. GL Someone else here might have better advice but that's what I see. Why not take a pic of the whole plant to get a better Idea on what's going on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Over watered. The reason they are going yellow and showing other deficiencies is because the roots are not getting oxygen so the plant is not able to uptake nutrients. Do not water the leaves.

basscaptain

basscaptain

the roots are not growing ..... it's from over watering.. I just got hit with 2"s of rain and my tomtoes look just like that............ don't water for a few days your going to lose some more leaves...... but it should bounce back..

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

thanks for the replies guys much appreciated. its settled , thanks for reassuring me its not anything else.i have been watering less since that was first suggested and really letting them get dry, they seem to be coming around, growing faster it seems and the new growth looks nice. theyre still growing thats for sure. noticeably so since this morning. I transplanted two of them into bigger pots. they were ready for sure, ill do the other one after as well. i just barely moistened the soil in a small circle around the plant. when i did so. the medium is basically dry for the most part. made sure not make their new home water logged haha.. ill post some pictures after when i get a hold of my phone again lol.. on a more positive note things are going splendidly in the flower tent lol. 3 weeks in and looking promising already.. she seems to be loving the 1k hps and quantom board combo.. thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom