Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals!

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

hello all, so I am having some issues surface again with one of my plants. the one in question is the shiskaberry, it is in sunshine mix #4 and has been receiving green planets medi one at the recommended dose, as well as some "velo kelp" from remo. i am using tap water with around 200ppm mostly comprised of calcium that has a ph of around 7.8 out of the tap.. i have not been adjusting the ph down any, as i have been relying on the lime in the soil to buffer for me.. ( lazy i know) but i mean thats kind of its purpose.. but perhaps the lime in the soil has been depleted and i am now having a ph issue as a result. which is in turn causing some sort of nutrient deficiency ? perhaps i should pot them up into some bigger pots with fresh medium these are only like 2 gallons. and from there monitor the ph more closely throughout flower, as i intend to flip them soonish. the other two seem to be affected slightly. they are considerably smaller plants. same medium, same feed. it also looks like perhaps i have a pest ?? see attached pictures.. i cannot see anything with my eyes but there appears to be damage. sorry for the long worded post, but i would really like to resolve this issues before i flip them over to flower.
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 2
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 3
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 4
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 5
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 6
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 7
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 8
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 9
Help identifying whats happening here please guys and gals 10

02trueblue

02trueblue

in your last picture, right on the rim of the pot - is that a rollie pollie?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think you are in the beginning stages of a Mg lockout, possibly being caused by the high Ph of your water and the lime content of your soil. Buffering usually keeps soils from getting too acidic and tends to raise the Ph to the 7.0 area. Additional calcium from your water combined with the lime in your soils could be raising your Ph too high. Magnesium is one of the first minerals to get locked out when the Ph rises. If you have epsom salts or cal-mag, a light and dilute foliar application should remedy the problem quickly, since it bypasses the roots and benefits the plants directly.
Check your Ph of your overflow as well as the PPM of it. Additional info helps! I hate to ask, but how much are they being fed? They look like they might be getting high nutrient levels in some pictures, although things look good overall. The dying bottom leaves isn't unusual and probably not cause for alarm unless it progresses to leaves above it.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I think you are in the beginning stages of a Mg lockout, possibly being caused by the high Ph of your water and the lime content of your soil. Buffering usually keeps soils from getting too acidic and tends to raise the Ph to the 7.0 area. Additional calcium from your water combined with the lime in your soils could be raising your Ph too high. Magnesium is one of the first minerals to get locked out when the Ph rises. If you have epsom salts or cal-mag, a light and dilute foliar application should remedy the problem quickly, since it bypasses the roots and benefits the plants directly.
Check your Ph of your overflow as well as the PPM of it. Additional info helps!
Awesome! thanks so much for the very informative reply ! i am going to give them a light foliar feeding of my cal-mag, or perhaps just grab some epsom salts. since the calcium is probably not needed really? i will lower my ph to the correct range every watering from here on out as well. theyre due for a watering so i will try and get a ph and tds reading on the run off when i do! thanks again! will update.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

thoughts on that one chewed up looking leaf though? pests maybe ? theres been a couple that look like they have just been chewed down to nothing. but i cant see any pests at all...

Latest posts

Top Bottom