Help if possible. The tip of the leaves started to die out, and some of the leaves have wrinkles in it.

• Thread starter reetera
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reetera

reetera

I really don't know what to do at this point I have tried other forums too and people say it's nutrients deficiency and I have started adding a little more liquid nutrients.
only this strain started showing this problem so I can't say what I'm doing wrong. My soil might not be good for it or something. my soil has bio compost, coconut fiber, and pine barks in it.
the soil has a ph of 7 +-0.5 and the compost has a ph of 6.8 +-0.5. the water I use is at 6.4 pHs. so yeah I really don't know what to do anymore and at this point, I'm starting to think it won't survive it. on the other forums, people suggested replanting it with perlite and planting it in a little bit bigger pot. the pot is 3 gallons or so a little less or a little more because it's in centimeters.
the light is 45 cms away from the top of the plant. this thing started when it was quite small only the 2 leaves on the bottom and 2 or 4 extra ones. the other strain didn't do this so I don't know what I did wrong I planted the other ones a week after this one and they are a little bit older than this was when the first leave experienced it. The only problem I might know of is that I haven't been giving it a lot of the nutrients I have only given it a quarter amount at this point and i have only been starting to give it nutrients recently at my last watering

Help if possible the tip of the leaves started to die out and some of the leaves have wrinkles
Help if possible the tip of the leaves started to die out and some of the leaves have wrinkles
Moshmen

Moshmen

What light you using and how big of area ? Hold old are the plants? More info is better- doesn’t look like nutes to me possibly light? Or other environmental conditions

reetera

reetera

What light you using and how big of area ? Hold old are the plants? More info is better- doesn’t look like nutes to me possibly light? Or other environmental conditions
the area it's growing at is 45 cm wide 111 cm tall and 95 cm long space. the light is Greensindoor grow light 225 led pcs the wavelength is 450-660nm the diameter of the LEDs is 5 mm I can't really find a lot of information on it. this plant is a month old it turned a month old just yesterday the other ones that don't have any problems are 3 weeks old.

Moshmen

Moshmen

the area it's growing at is 45 cm wide 111 cm tall and 95 cm long space. the light is Greensindoor grow light 225 led pcs the wavelength is 450-660nm the diameter of the LEDs is 5 mm I can't really find a lot of information on it. this plant is a month old it turned a month old just yesterday the other ones that don't have any problems are 3 weeks old.
Are u using both the veg and bloom light at the same time? I would probably back up the light about 6”. -

Soil looks pretty dry and dense already - I would add more perlite next round and transplant at least 2 times makes watering much easier

reetera

reetera

Are u using both the veg and bloom light at the same time? I would probably back up the light about 6”. -

Soil looks pretty dry and dense already - I would add more perlite next round and transplant at least 2 times makes watering much easier
I was thinking about getting a different light too a somewhat better one where I can control the veg and bloom cycles.
the transplanting is the one I don't understand I mean what to add to the soil and such what to buy
how big of a pot I should use for my space. I don't have access to a lot of good soil here so I might just have to either buy it online or search a little bit more
about it. what kind of soil should I use? because that is where I'm lacking in knowledge a lot.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
sounds like your pH is to high....Alkaline ranges of pH only helps in PK uptake.....For Nitro you want closer to 6.0 and possibly slightly under, Plus you want your pH to Flux...
This way All nutes will be avail as the pH fluxes Up from a Lower range(as medium dries out) and is more inline with how Canna will progress as it ages and prepares to flower...
In Bloom you want the pH to stay in the 6-7 range...in Veg try 5.8-6 to start.,....Where did you get the idea that pH of 7 would be effective?.....its just not...You prob have enough nutes in teh mix but your pH has it locked out or not avail...
Which this is all basic botany...Just look at almost any pH uptake chart...you'll see that N is avail mostly from 5.5-6.5 give or take...and PK more avail from 6-7pH...
Also I'd say longer dry cycles or dont saturate your medium as much so the plant can Breathe easier as well......
gl and Hope that helps
FOE20

reetera

reetera

sounds like your pH is to high....Alkaline ranges of pH only helps in PK uptake.....For Nitro you want closer to 6.0 and possibly slightly under, Plus you want your pH to Flux...
This way All nutes will be avail as the pH fluxes Up from a Lower range(as medium dries out) and is more inline with how Canna will progress as it ages and prepares to flower...
In Bloom you want the pH to stay in the 6-7 range...in Veg try 5.8-6 to start.,....Where did you get the idea that pH of 7 would be effective?.....its just not...You prob have enough nutes in teh mix but your pH has it locked out or not avail...
Which this is all basic botany...Just look at almost any pH uptake chart...you'll see that N is avail mostly from 5.5-6.5 give or take...and PK more avail from 6-7pH...
Also I'd say longer dry cycles or dont saturate your medium as much so the plant can Breathe easier as well......
gl and Hope that helps
FOE20
I guess I will look into my light and its height and I will take a trip to buy a little bit bigger pots and some soil that has lower ph the lowest I can go in the soil is 5,8 +-0,5 I think. on the other hand in the water, I guess I'll search for 6,2 or 5,8 ph. I'll add more coco fiber to it too and I'll try and find perlite. hope the plant will get better and thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I guess I will look into my light and its height and I will take a trip to buy a little bit bigger pots and some soil that has lower ph the lowest I can go in the soil is 5,8 +-0,5 I think. on the other hand in the water, I guess I'll search for 6,2 or 5,8 ph. I'll add more coco fiber to it too and I'll try and find perlite. hope the plant will get better and thanks
Aluminum sulfate will lower the soil PH but I have only used it in the garden so not the guy to ask about how to.

I'd say perlite is a better option.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That little bit of nute burn on the tips is normal.
Cut your feeding by half.

What soil are you using now?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Aluminum sulfate will lower the soil PH but I have only used it in the garden so not the guy to ask about how to.

I'd say perlite is a better option.
Soil sounds like an issue for this grower. But mayb coco is a better option for the OP @reetera ? Because of availability,

reetera

reetera

That little bit of nute burn on the tips is normal.
Cut your feeding by half.

What soil are you using now?
I cannot say exactly as in, it's a local shop so I can't link it. It's advertised as normal flower soil with 40% organic matter and 7 pHs +-0.5 and I added some bio compost to it and coco fiber and pine barks. I only started using a little bit of liquid nutrients recently. the strain was said that it was easy to overfeed it.

Last edited:
reetera

reetera

Soil sounds like an issue for this grower. But mayb coco is a better option for the OP @reetera ? Because of availability,
I can buy coco and I still have a lot and I can get perlite too it's just that the availability of it scarce but it seems I can get some maybe this week it's just that when I started with planting I couldn't find it anywhere.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I cannot say exactly as in, it's a local shop so I can't link it. It's advertised as normal flower soil with 40% organic matter and 7 pHs +-0.5 and I added some bio compost to it and coco fiber and pine barks. I only started using a little bit of liquid nutrients recently. the strain was said that it was easy to overfeed it.
Anytime you feed in soil, you run the risk of over feeding.
Here is the soil we use;
We haven't fed anything yet and we are a week into flower.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@reetera , what country/state do you live in? Let's see what's out there for you.

reetera

reetera

Everyone helped me a lot, I moved the light further up and most of the damage went down but the tips are still "dead" so that must be nutrition burn which I will read about a little bit more.
sorry for not replying to posts but I was quite busy. @ComfortablyNumb I live in Europe so which parts of EU is available. I found that another local shop sells perlite so it's avalible. It's just that these stores don't have websites so I had to call in, to a lot of them. so yeah everything is available it's just "hidden" from plain sight. I will replant them all into a little bit bigger pots with 60-70% soil/compost 20% perlite 20% coco thanks for all of the help I got. I don't even know how to thank you all for the guidance much love.

Latest posts

Top Bottom