Help If you can: Buying a New light for my 4x2x6...

• Thread starter brianakabear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

I mount my driver's outside my tent tho, in such a small space (2x4) keeping as much heat as u can outside ur room is absolutely crucial.

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

That's not a "bad" light and it states 268W which is perfect for a 4x2. Full spectrum is great for vegetative growth imo for flower you want warm white, which is 3000/3500k. I prefer 3000k. What are the dimensions of the light itself length/width?

Edit: I see the dimensions. On that link it stated a much larger coverage area than what's ideal. 4x2 should work well with it.
That's what I was talking about tho with the coverage area, they state that "large area" to try n hook pll to buying that shit, u see my pic of all those lights still in boxes, sometimes it works on some dumasses😂🤦🏼‍♂️ these lights ALL COVER ABOUT A 2'X2' AREA and they are all just about the same physical size too, approx 16x9 I'm guessing.. and me talking all this shit isn't cuz I am trying to down one certain companies products saying they are shit to get another company sales. These "Amazon" lights may only draw 225w. But in my experience if u see 3+ fans built into a light that's a little over a foot long, it's not for no reason, they out off Soo much heat, and esp in a small confined space like a 2x2 or 2x4. There's little to no way to actually deal with the heat they put off, there's barely room for fans after u out ur plants in there. And the heat will most def hurt your yeild and potency, and electric bill trying to deal with it. It's just my opinion based on experience that going the "Amazon" route just totally defeats the purpose. Leds claim to fame is efficiency, and efficiency by less energy consumption while still getting the same or better coverage saving you money In The long run, but if your bill never goes down due to all the extra shit u ha e to do to deal with the side effects of your newly acquired "super efficient" led grow light. I.e. added fans and having to run your ac twice as much to deal with the heat, there's really no reason to even go the led route. Stuck with a vented hid light. They cost much less to set up, and ur gonna be paying just as much on your electric bill with one as u do the other. I thought I was being smart too, but here they all sit, 2000$+ worth of Amazon efficiency cuz in my case atleast they just wouldn't have saved me a penny in the long run, my grow room would have been able to bake bread on the floor. This is one of those cases where u def will get what u pay for... It's better to buy quality once. The. To waste time and money on stuff I can almost guarantee u will regret buying.
Ok I'm done preaching lol sry bout that.🤐

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
That's what I was talking about tho with the coverage area, they state that "large area" to try n hook pll to buying that shit, u see my pic of all those lights still in boxes, sometimes it works on some dumasses😂🤦🏼‍♂️ these lights ALL COVER ABOUT A 2'X2' AREA and they are all just about the same physical size too, approx 16x9 I'm guessing.. and me talking all this shit isn't cuz I am trying to down one certain companies products saying they are shit to get another company sales. These "Amazon" lights may only draw 225w. But in my experience if u see 3+ fans built into a light that's a little over a foot long, it's not for no reason, they out off Soo much heat, and esp in a small confined space like a 2x2 or 2x4. There's little to no way to actually deal with the heat they put off, there's barely room for fans after u out ur plants in there. And the heat will most def hurt your yeild and potency, and electric bill trying to deal with it. It's just my opinion based on experience that going the "Amazon" route just totally defeats the purpose. Leds claim to fame is efficiency, and efficiency by less energy consumption while still getting the same or better coverage saving you money In The long run, but if your bill never goes down due to all the extra shit u ha e to do to deal with the side effects of your newly acquired "super efficient" led grow light. I.e. added fans and having to run your ac twice as much to deal with the heat, there's really no reason to even go the led route. Stuck with a vented hid light. They cost much less to set up, and ur gonna be paying just as much on your electric bill with one as u do the other. I thought I was being smart too, but here they all sit, 2000$+ worth of Amazon efficiency cuz in my case atleast they just wouldn't have saved me a penny in the long run, my grow room would have been able to bake bread on the floor. This is one of those cases where u def will get what u pay for... It's better to buy quality once. The. To waste time and money on stuff I can almost guarantee u will regret buying.
Ok I'm done preaching lol sry bout that.🤐

You're all good lol! The one I listed pulls 238W from the wall, tested it myself. Covers 4x2 perfectly, also tested myself (lux meter).

The LED business is overrun with shady fucks!

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom