help in grow room set up PLEASE

• Thread starter bds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bds

I've been reading on here for a little while and I'm finally getting around to asking for help.I live in Northern Cali and am a 215 patient.I've been saving up and getting what I can to grow my own indoor.Years ago I grew outdoors so this is new to me,but I've been studying my ass off.I have a 8'x6'x8' room to grow in and here's a list of what Ive been able to buy so far.
2 1000w hps complete set up running 240v
mlcx4 for the lights
sentinel CHHC-1 (cooling-heating-humidity-co2 controller)
dehumidifier
a window a/c
co2 bottle and regulator that goes with the CHHC-1
6" inline can fan
6' can filter
the Ebb and grow system with a extra 6 bucket (18all)

L

Lost

Wow, you have a very nice setup there!

What info are you looking for?

Did you get vented hoods, or are you still waiting on that?

Im very jealous of your environmental controls! I would love to have your Co2 setup!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Nice collection of equipment bds and welcome to the Farm. Cool to see another Ebb & Grow running, ran one for several grows and the system rocks!

jj

L

livinglegend

dont get a can fan. go vortex and get a 10" if you can. it will ensure good temps. its worth it in my opinion.
Also compare prices between window ac's and portable ac's. if you go portable use anything between a 10-16k BTU unit.
what are your reasons for CO2? are you not bringing any fresh air to the flower room?

C

concretedawg

if your on a real tight budget check craigslists,in the (lawn and garden) for other items that you might need, looks like all can i see you need is hydroton clean real good before using, mylar or other, ppm meter, ph meter,nutrients,ph up/ ph down, an air pump for your rez for recirculation of nutrients, and drop a couple airstone down there also. the little stuff you can get that wal-mart if there is 1 by you. other tip make sure to get 2 seperate (pens)meters ppm/ph because if you get the 1 thats combined, i the ppm meter side goes bad the other is no good also simply just get 2 pens!!!! and calibration fluid to check often like 1 a week,hope this helps a little if i can remember more ill reply....

B

bds

Hey farmers Im so stoked to get soo many replys. Seems Im alone in this world.I did not get to finish my post last night and didnt get a chance to ask my question(s). I just got a pHep tester by HANNA.My ? is should I try to get a wall split a/c or keep the window one I got & that I just framed in the wall already? livinglegend, I havent cut in a intake for fresh air and thats the second part of my? I was told to only have an exhaust. which would help with pest and run the co2 that would make an exterme differance in my grow and bud quality???? I have 1 glass hood 6" vent but the other is not. I havent hooked anything up just starting to assemble. hope to hear more. thanks to all of you

G

greenthumb

that ac should be fine.did you get air cooled lights.
i think you have because of the inline fan and filter!because with ac the trick is air sealing the room with the only exaust comeing from lights an ac unit.
also use garden grade pea gravel its cheaper and just as good as clay pellets.
wash them before use and your good to go by the sounds of things.
if your going to go hydro/organic get a car washing sponge (new & unopened)and make a filter for your pump so most of the particles that clog things up will get caught in the sponge.

B

bds

Jadins journey, I'm finally about ready to put some plants in the pots. Since you are the only one I know of who runs the ebb & grow system I'm hoping you'll be able to extend a helping hand. I'm running 18 pots and I'm try to figure out how much water to fill in it?Do I fill it up all the way 55g?What nut's should I run?I'm really scared about the whole nut's issue. Not sure what?how much? when to switch? Also do I flush the nut's out each week? I was told to put proxide in each when I flush but the guy never ran the same system. any help would be so much appreciated thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom