Help..is this Manganese deficiency or lockout, or am I totally wrong?

• Thread starter Nembutal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nembutal

Soil Grower:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? 42 day autos
3. How tall are your plants? 2-3 feet
4. What size containers are they planted in? 11 litre
5. What is your soil mix? Plant Magic Plus Supreme Mix
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Every 4-5 days. Borehole water. Not filtered. Straight from 300 feet down. Never tested.
7. What is the pH of your water? 7.2
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Plant Magic Bloom 3-5-4
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 600W HPS
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 17-18 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3.2 sq feet, DR120 tent, rhino filter, 2 fans
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Light on 25/26 degrees, lights off 20-21 degrees
14. What is the pH of the soil? No indication. Very light in nutrients.
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No.
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my 3rd grow, the last 2 had similair problems but not as bad.

Hi guys,
As u can see from pics it starts mainly at top of plant.
3 Black Jack autos and 3 Cream Caramel autos being fed 2Ml per litre of Plant Magic Bloom (which I didn't think was excessive at 42 days)
pH of nutrient feed after adding Bloom is about pH 6.2
I can't tell whether I have locked out manganese or there is a deficiency of manganese in my feed or water.
I think these symptoms all start when I begin to add feed - this is my first auto grow and I started them off with a very low dose, half a ml of PM Bloom per litre, up to 2Ml at present.
I flushed the worst-looking plant (a Black Jack) with 22 litres of water 48 hours ago.
Can anyone help - my plants are getting more and more miserable.
Cheers.

Helpis this manganese deficiency or lockout or am i totally wrong
Helpis this manganese deficiency or lockout or am i totally wrong 2
Helpis this manganese deficiency or lockout or am i totally wrong 3
Helpis this manganese deficiency or lockout or am i totally wrong 4
Helpis this manganese deficiency or lockout or am i totally wrong 5
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

My guess would be deficiency, I don't really see signs of burn on your leaf tips and the entire plant looks light in color. Do your nutes have manganese in them? What about Calcium and Magnesium? May want to consider a new nutrient line, one that is more complete. Also, 6.2 is a little low in soil, optimum is 6.5 - 6.8.

soserthc1

soserthc1

your water ph is a little high at 7.2 being 7 is neutral but that would not cause the problems you have starting at the top that would just stunt your growth , I would say that it is a manganese issue. Flush the plants with 33 liters of water with a ph of around 6.5 just mho.....peace soser

N

Nembutal

Thanks for your input guys.
If it is a manganese deficiency, how do I add more manganese without changing my nutrients, Plant Magic, which are well-used and very successful in the UK?
Would some kind of seaweed extract provide what I need, alongside my present PM feed?
Thanks

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Thanks for your input guys.
If it is a manganese deficiency, how do I add more manganese without changing my nutrients, Plant Magic, which are well-used and very successful in the UK?
Would some kind of seaweed extract provide what I need, alongside my present PM feed?
Thanks

Honestly I would try a little cal/mag or some dolomite lime

N

Nembutal

Hi Guys,

I've come to the conclusion (!) that my UK bore hole water supply may lack an adequate supply of calcium and magnesium.
I think I'm right in thinking that during bloom cannabis plants generally require more of each, which would explain why my plants all do so well until a few weeks into flowering.

So I've decided to flush all plants (33 litres per plant...yikes!) with my borehole water pH downed to 6.5.
From then on I'll use half strength nutes with some Advanced Nutrients SensiCal Mg Mix Bloom and see what happens.

Has anyone used this stuff before?

Cheers

Top Bottom