Help, Is This Nute Lock Out Or What Are Your Thoughts?

• Thread starter Quinton11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ethcan

ethcan

Have you had broad mites?

Yes, they came in on a contaminated clone that went into a full term garden and the population exploded. Lot of late nights spraying sulfur.

Ever since I introduced wettable sulfur into the IPM, I have not encountered hemp russet mites or broad mites again.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yes, they came in on a contaminated clone that went into a full term garden and the population exploded. Lot of late nights spraying sulfur.

Ever since I introduced wettable sulfur into the IPM, I have not encountered hemp russet mites or broad mites again.

Proof?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I do not have photos of two years ago full term outdoor on hand, sorry.

Is there anything in any of my posts that is wrong?

I believe you had russet mites because I've seen pictures you posted (If those are yours pics, not doubting I just didn't see anywhere that you said they were). I believe you think you had broad mites. Unless you show me pictures, I can't verify. I, however, have shown pics. I identified broad mites with 100% certainty. I know they can do damage like in the OP's pics because they were spread across all 6 of my plants, 4 strains, each strain and pheno having different leaf reactions. You came onto this thread saying that people who had them know the difference, but, that I didn't know. I've shown proof I've had them. You're in essence calling me a liar but you have provided no evidence that you, in fact, had them.

ethcan

ethcan

I believe you had russet mites because I've seen pictures you posted (If those are yours pics, not doubting I just didn't see anywhere that you said they were). I believe you think you had broad mites. Unless you show me pictures, I can't verify. I, however, have shown pics. I identified broad mites with 100% certainty. I know they can do damage like in the OP's pics because they were spread across all 6 of my plants, 4 strains, each strain and pheno having different leaf reactions. You came onto this thread saying that people who had them know the difference, but, that I didn't know. I've shown proof I've had them. You're in essence calling me a liar but you have provided no evidence that you, in fact, had them.

I suppose by "To those who have had russets or broads, the symptoms are extremely obvious, and it is really easy to differentiate russet/broad damage from causes which mimic russet/broad damage." I am including you within the "to those have have had" category.

If you have had either HRM or BM, I would say that definitely you can identify the damage, and quickly. So as to say that if I made you feel that you didn't know what you were talking about, I apologize.

I don't think you're a liar. I did not think anything I wrote was lacking in fact, and if there was I wanted to address it.

I was simply trying to state a fact that I think many people who have never had HRM/BM are quick to call that as the source of issues, as well as people claiming they have them when in fact (to the experienced eye) it's clear they don't.

So in summary, you're not a liar and you do know what you're talking about, and if I made the assertion even indirectly that your experience had no value, then I apologize.

I think that there are many other causes for leaf deformities, and russets/BM are near the bottom of likelihood of causes.
The OP does in fact have intense lighting, on top of hardly developed plants with minute rhizospheres. I think that this is certainly a cause of stress, if combined with parameters outside of ideal VPD, which is likely in a tent.

That combined with the fact that OP started with seed makes me find BM not as likely as other scenarios.

Not saying that it is not in fact the case, just that it is the less likely case.

Anyways, the OP should scout/scope. This is good practice within IPM anyways.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I suppose by "To those who have had russets or broads, the symptoms are extremely obvious, and it is really easy to differentiate russet/broad damage from causes which mimic russet/broad damage." I am including you within the "to those have have had" category.

If you have had either HRM or BM, I would say that definitely you can identify the damage, and quickly. So as to say that if I made you feel that you didn't know what you were talking about, I apologize.

I don't think you're a liar. I did not think anything I wrote was lacking in fact, and if there was I wanted to address it.

I was simply trying to state a fact that I think many people who have never had HRM/BM are quick to call that as the source of issues, as well as people claiming they have them when in fact (to the experienced eye) it's clear they don't.

So in summary, you're not a liar and you do know what you're talking about, and if I made the assertion even indirectly that your experience had no value, then I apologize.

I think that there are many other causes for leaf deformities, and russets/BM are near the bottom of likelihood of causes.
The OP does in fact have intense lighting, on top of hardly developed plants with minute rhizospheres. I think that this is certainly a cause of stress, if combined with parameters outside of ideal VPD, which is likely in a tent.

That combined with the fact that OP started with seed makes me find BM not as likely as other scenarios.

Not saying that it is not in fact the case, just that it is the less likely case.

Anyways, the OP should scout/scope. This is good practice within IPM anyways.

I appreciate your diplomacy. Thank you. I apologize if I came of sounding a bit d*ckish, you're comment irritated me. But that's not you're fault, I have been in a lot of pain the last week or so and it puts me in a bad mood. Sorry.

I absolutely agree that most of the OP's damage is from heat. A few of the pictures looked more like broad mite damage to me than the 5th pic but heat damage can account for all of them. It's the upturned saw teeth that scratched that part of my mind. I don't know this for sure, but I don't remember ever seeing heat damage causing teacupping of leaves. If they were all down turned I wouldn't have said that they were suspect, but I always recommend a pest check.

My real issue with what you said was that you told the OP that the damage is NOT from mites with certainty, and I believe that you think you are correct, even based on experience. However, I have seen that type of damage from broad mites on my own plants so I know they are capable of it.

As a general rule, if I've seen physical evidence of a problem and see it in another's post I answer with certainty that it can be the cause. If i haven't seen it then I clearly state that it is only my opinion.

I hope we can still be friends, ;)

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I do not have photos of two years ago full term outdoor on hand, sorry.

Is there anything in any of my posts that is wrong?

I did not see any bad information in your posts. I should not have said you don't know you're talking about. Sorry about that. I think I read a little too deep into what you wrote. I actually think you're posts are good.

I was awake from some seriously f****d up nerve pain and I was answering questions on here as a distraction. You kinda caught me at my worst. Sorry bout that. Please forgive.

You have a good Christmas man.

S

skunkman1234

ooohhh babay babaybabay do it real nice and slow babay, oh yeah babay ooooooooooooo

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

Ya they are from been, and no I haven't checked any runoff yet,I thought that was mainly for hydro grows. And they are kinda heavy, but it being my second time it could be to much water, and I'll try for that consistent ph! My meter is garbage, any suggestions on a good quality but not 200$ haha
Bluepen PH Meter is what i use. My first one lasted 4 years at 100 bucks. Now they are around 75 bucks. I also use a bluepen PPM Meter as well. Just me, but 4 years plus on the ppm meter that i check vs ,y buddys who buys a new one every year no matter what lol. He used bluepen also...

Zimlanzaland

Zimlanzaland

There beans so they are not deficent. Did you check your run off PH ? Whats that at ?
Are thise pots heavy ? They look over watered with the light greens and alittle yellow here and there and a couple twistys. Imo just over watered. And if ya can try amd keep the ph at 6.2 insted of a 6.1 here and a 6.3 there.
Yeah the dark colour, twisted leaves and blunt edges signify over watering. Also check the soil run off, should be about 6.6.

Dan789

Dan789

Thanks m8! Your definitely one of the more knowledgeable guys on here, that being said, what PAR range are you shooting for with your 1000s and your t5s? That 1000 being so close is getting around 2k par at canopy height, so I'll raise it up to 1300 par and see how she goes
On the T5 just remove a few of the tubes in pairs until you’ve reduced the light/heat till these seedlings get started...(remove all but 2 tubes) to start).imho
Oops old post...duh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom