Help, issue with my plant!

• Thread starter Playerfun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I bought it because it was highly recommended for growing. It was ridiculous In price. Also I’m a woman 😝. Growing weed next to my veggies. Just one little plant.
Oops. Sorry. Coco is great to grow in. I’d always recommend soil for a first time grower as it’s a bit more forgiving. I have no experience growing in coco as of yet. Happy grows.
Burnz

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
What food do you recommend? I was going to keep it in a pot ( I have a 20 gallon) so I can roll it into the house in winter when we get frost. Right now it’s 100 degrees out. I’m just a chic who gardens trying to figure this out lol
your local hydroponic growing store will help with what nutrients they have that will be good for you.
winter? plants should be done by than.
where are you?

mancorn

mancorn

Other photos of magic melon
Is that a Dark Heart Magic Melon? If so pour about 10lbs of nutes on it. I can’t keep mine from suck down 20 leaves a day. (It's just so dang bushy I don’t care.)

Playerfun

Playerfun

Is that a Dark Heart Magic Melon? If so pour about 10lbs of nutes on it. I can’t keep mine from suck down 20 leaves a day. (It's just so dang bushy I don’t care.)
Yes! It is Dark Heart Magic Melon. Can you tell me what type of nutes? What brand and where To get? I put some liquid organic miracle grow that mixed with the watering yesterday. What do you mean by suck down 20 leaves a day?

mancorn

mancorn

Yes! It is Dark Heart Magic Melon. Can you tell me what type of nutes? What brand and where To get? I put some liquid organic miracle grow that mixed with the watering yesterday. What do you mean by suck down 20 leaves a day?
I wish I knew. It will take a green leave and suck it yellow in about 2 days. And I’m not talking fading, I mean the leaves turn 100% bright yellow. I haven’t been able to figure it out in months. Dozens every day. But mine is so bushy (I had cloned it about 20 times) that it hasn’t become an issue. Most assuredly yours needs feeding. This is where I would normally say, use any balanced fertilizer, but I don’t have a clue what's going on with this plant. But it’s a nutrient issue, not fungus. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.

Playerfun

Playerfun

I wish I knew. It will take a green leave and suck it yellow in about 2 days. And I’m not talking fading, I mean the leaves turn 100% bright yellow. I haven’t been able to figure it out in months. Dozens every day. But mine is so bushy (I had cloned it about 20 times) that it hasn’t become an issue. Most assuredly yours needs feeding. This is where I would normally say, use any balanced fertilizer, but I don’t have a clue what's going on with this plant. But it’s a nutrient issue, not fungus. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. The leaves didn’t come off easy either
Like this? I’m going to try less light.

B77A192F 92D6 49F9 8A56 EB98C10C574E
mancorn

mancorn

Like this? I’m going to try less light.
Yes. I actually don’t get a ton of the brown dead look as my leaf will go from bright green, to bright yellow (but still look completely normal besides the color), to 100% shriveled up and dead in a few days. I think this may just be the hungriest plant ever.

54389A09 663A 4AA0 96B2 79485064ACB3

Madbud

Madbud

What food do you recommend? I was going to keep it in a pot ( I have a 20 gallon) so I can roll it into the house in winter when we get frost. Right now it’s 100 degrees out. I’m just a chic who gardens trying to figure this out lol
I think thats your problem, 90-100° heat cooks the roots in a bucket grow. Keep the container shaded. A wet towel wrap will help cool the coco.

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

I think thats your problem, 90-100° heat cooks the roots in a bucket grow. Keep the container shaded. A wet towel wrap will help cool the coco.
100 degrees is not the problem mine areoutdoor in 10 g pots we have had over 100 degrees for a week straight.plant r loving it. More nutes or cal mag plus iron feeding may help.

Madbud

Madbud

100 degrees is not the problem mine areoutdoor in 10 g pots we have had over 100 degrees for a week straight.plant r loving it. More nutes or cal mag plus iron feeding may help.
You have two plants that have been outdoors for two weeks, what 8” high? On a 100° day the bucket temp easily reaches 125° and higher. Pour yourself a nice cold glass of STFU!

Madbud

Madbud

I bought it because it was highly recommended for growing. It was ridiculous In price. Also I’m a woman 😝. Growing weed next to my veggies. Just one little plant.
Another problem with coco is salt. It needs to be thoroughly rinsed before use since its processed with seawater. Not a fan but there are a lot of coco growers here to help you more.

mancorn

mancorn

Here's the pic’s I said I post. Kind of tucked away in the corner so a little hard to get a full shot. In general it looks fine and chugging away...

356A4D4B 462C 413C BF01 A5950BC91E5F

...but chews through the leaves daily.
8E2A4931 0055 4AEA A7D0 582CC70DB354

5E87AEA8 5E26 4FB6 B330 2236402B9AFB

Starting doing this the first week I got it back in February.
8E72B441 3B1A 49F2 933F E82EBAC1767A

Mine is just so dang bushy that it hasn’t been a huge problem (yet). Obviously your situation is different, but thinking it's a nutrient issue, not bugs, fungus, or heat and you should make sure you're giving adequate frets.

Playerfun

Playerfun

Yes. I actually don’t get a ton of the brown dead look as my leaf will go from bright green, to bright yellow (but still look completely normal besides the color), to 100% shriveled up and dead in a few days. I think this may just be the hungriest plant ever.

View attachment 999453
In regular gardening yellowing can happen on the under Side from lack of sun. It’s normal.

Playerfun

Playerfun

Here's the pic’s I said I post. Kind of tucked away in the corner so a little hard to get a full shot. In general it looks fine and chugging away...

View attachment 999834

...but chews through the leaves daily.
View attachment 999835

View attachment 999833

Starting doing this the first week I got it back in February.View attachment 999838
Mine is just so dang bushy that it hasn’t been a huge problem (yet). Obviously your situation is different, but thinking it's a nutrient issue, not bugs, fungus, or heat and you should make sure you're giving adequate frets.
Wow what a gorgeous monster! Lol

mancorn

mancorn

In regular gardening yellowing can happen on the under Side from lack of sun. It’s normal.
Yeah I’ve actually been leaning towards that as the problem myself. I’ve vacillated between over feeding and under feeding (along with a Florakleen thrown in for good measure) over the last couple months, pretty much with little change. It makes sense as it always the inner leaves (both big and small) which aren’t getting much light at all. The fact that the little leaves yellowed (as opposed to just the larger fan) is also a indication that you may be right.

Playerfun

Playerfun

Yeah I’ve actually been leaning towards that as the problem myself. I’ve vacillated between over feeding and under feeding (along with a Florakleen thrown in for good measure) over the last couple months, pretty much with little change. It makes sense as it always the inner leaves (both big and small) which aren’t getting much light at all. The fact that the little leaves yellowed (as opposed to just the larger fan) is also a indication that you may be right.
I figured out mine. My ph meter came. My tap water is at 8 so I am getting magnese deficient. I have a ph down solution coming as well as some better fertilizer, I read 6 ph water will cure it. I’m going to move from the 5 gal to a 25 bag on a lifted rack with wheels. It’s seems a bit happier with a little less light since we had some days over 100. I didn’t realize it was so tricky!

mancorn

mancorn

I figured out mine. My ph meter came. My tap water is at 8 so I am getting magnese deficient. I have a ph down solution coming as well as some better fertilizer, I read 6 ph water will cure it. I’m going to move from the 5 gal to a 25 bag on a lifted rack with wheels. It’s seems a bit happier with a little less light since we had some days over 100. I didn’t realize it was so tricky!
The “it's a cal/mag deficiency” is almost a running joke. It seems to be the internet’s favorite cannabis cure (and probably wrong 99% of the time as pretty much all decent frets come with both). But if you’re giving your tomatoes and squash a epson salt snack, you can do the same for your Magic Melon for a quick Mg boost. (1/2 gallon is only a couple bucks at most box pharmacies). I'd guess that just getting some food will go a long way to improving your situation.

Looking forward to watching your MM the rest of the year. You’re the only other grower I’ve seen with the strain here on the farm.

And just to get even “trickier, give Aquaman’s Ph post a read: PH A Basic explanation.

Playerfun

Playerfun

The “it's a cal/mag deficiency” is almost a running joke. It seems to be the internet’s favorite cannabis cure (and probably wrong 99% of the time as pretty much all decent frets come with both). But if you’re giving your tomatoes and squash a epson salt snack, you can do the same for your Magic Melon for a quick Mg boost. (1/2 gallon is only a couple bucks at most box pharmacies). I'd guess that just getting some food will go a long way to improving your situation.

Looking forward to watching your MM the rest of the year. You’re the only other grower I’ve seen with the strain here on the farm.

And just to get even “trickier, give Aquaman’s Ph post a read: PH A Basic explanation.
I picked it up at a dispensary in San Jose California.

Latest posts

Top Bottom