HELP!! Leaves turning yellow with spots

• Thread starter kowato12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kowato12

kowato12

Hey everyone,

so my plant started experiencing problems during the late VEG state and has continued into the flowering stage. RIght now its going into week 8 on Wednesday.

I switched lights right when the flowering stage started because I was told my first light was super weak and didn't have enough wattage to power a single plant. I bought the 260 QB kit from HLG instead and installed that.

I'm also not measuring my pH accurately. I'm using tap water at the moment.
Does this look like a pH issue, and am I able to save the plant??

I snipped away at most of the diseased leaves and now I feel like my plant looks so naked compared to before.

Should I even bother snipping away at leaves with an autoflower next time???

Thanks for any help!

Help leaves turning yellow with spots
Help leaves turning yellow with spots 2
Help leaves turning yellow with spots 3
Help leaves turning yellow with spots 4
Help leaves turning yellow with spots 5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey everyone,

so my plant started experiencing problems during the late VEG state and has continued into the flowering stage. RIght now its going into week 8 on Wednesday.

I switched lights right when the flowering stage started because I was told my first light was super weak and didn't have enough wattage to power a single plant. I bought the 260 QB kit from HLG instead and installed that.

I'm also not measuring my pH accurately. I'm using tap water at the moment.
Does this look like a pH issue, and am I able to save the plant??

I snipped away at most of the diseased leaves and now I feel like my plant looks so naked compared to before.

Should I even bother snipping away at leaves with an autoflower next time???

Thanks for any help!
Media?

Pot size?

Water source? Ph and ppm

Nutrients used and amount?including history

Did you change to bloom nutrients?

Watering practices?

Temps and humidity?

It's looks hungry overall but can be several reasons why.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i bought this kit from this website that said it had all the nutrient mix and soil etc already in it and all i had to do was add water etc.
Sounds like nutrients are depleted and you will need to start feeding

kowato12

kowato12

Media?

Pot size?

Water source? Ph and ppm

Nutrients used and amount?including history

Did you change to bloom nutrients?

Watering practices?

Temps and humidity?

It's looks hungry overall but can be several reasons why.
5 lb pot
tap water and ph unknown but i posted a video of the Vial below
nutrient mix and soil from A Pot for Pot
I water generally every 4-5 days around half a gallon
temps vary between 73-83 depending on the time of day
humidity has been sitting around 45-50%

i feel like on my next grow i'm going to buy my own soil mix and feed it nutrients rather than using this pot mix that was sent to me. Also I probably won't cut any leaves (prune) next time. Definitely will get a pH meter to accurately water my plant as well. I also have the new light so I won't be messing/changing the light source during the grow on my next one. Also i switched my light cycle during the grow during late veg. I used to have it off 12pm-6pm but now the light is off 12 am-6 am.

Best,
Tom

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i bought this kit from this website that said it had all the nutrient mix and soil etc already in it and all i had to do was add water etc.
So you're growing in Coco with unknown pH and that's really not going to work out well for you I don't think
Screenshot 20200705 135322 Chrome

PH strips drops or meter would help you out quite a bit good luck

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

5 lb pot
tap water and ph unknown but i posted a video of the Vial below
nutrient mix and soil from A Pot for Pot
I water generally every 4-5 days around half a gallon
temps vary between 73-83 depending on the time of day
humidity has been sitting around 45-50%

i feel like on my next grow i'm going to buy my own soil mix and feed it nutrients rather than using this pot mix that was sent to me. Also I probably won't cut any leaves (prune) next time. Definitely will get a pH meter to accurately water my plant as well. I also have the new light so I won't be messing/changing the light source during the grow on my next one. Also i switched my light cycle during the grow during late veg. I used to have it off 12pm-6pm but now the light is off 12 am-6 am.

Best,
Tom
Hard for me to say do you have the chart for that brand drops? Looks about 7ish.

I think they are simply hungry. The soil is running out of nutrients

kowato12

kowato12

Hard for me to say do you have the chart for that brand drops? Looks about 7ish.

I think they are simply hungry. The soil is running out of nutrients
i feel like maybe this specific pot mix requires less watering than others. Maybe i potentially overwatered it, and that caused the nutrients in the mix to be depleted too early? Also for a couple weeks in June I didnt have the AC on so my temps were hitting near 90, so maybe this also caused the nutrients in the mix to be depleted quicker? and maybe because of these reasons thats why at this stage I need more nutrients?

Just trying to play detective right now and figure this out haha. So you recommend I buy some nutrients and a pH meter today?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i feel like maybe this specific pot mix requires less watering than others. Maybe i potentially overwatered it, and that caused the nutrients in the mix to be depleted too early? Also for a couple weeks in June I didnt have the AC on so my temps were hitting near 90, so maybe this also caused the nutrients in the mix to be depleted quicker? and maybe because of these reasons thats why at this stage I need more nutrients?

Just trying to play detective right now and figure this out haha. So you recommend I buy some nutrients and a pH meter today?
Let me look the soil up. Not familiar with it. What soil from them is it exactly?

todoriri

todoriri

Whats your PH currently? could be locking out nutrients if its too high or low tho.

It looks like a high PH with locked out iron (yellowing) and manganese (rusty spots) at least.
A digital PH meter is not expensive and it will save you tons of troubles.

Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom