• Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
20200705 142853

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah its a mix, with added nutrients i'm wondering if there extended release or some shit..

but yeah thats not pure coco so don't treat it as such.. its a potting mix now..
I would guess Peat, just a guess?? but it seems like that would be more likely than soil? I'd pH to 6.2 if using peat and Coco mixed

If it's coco and dirt I would pH at 6.4, hope this helps good luck

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I actually measured the pH during the late late veg state and the vial was completely red...like below 4. but idk if that was because of the runoff container not being cleaned properly before or what...
Yeah that's what's important... Read the thread I made ph is not as simple as ph... Your tap could be ph 8 and low alkalinity then when added to the soil will change immediately to the potential of the soil

kowato12

kowato12

It's a 50/50 mix
I have pH down and up. how much should I water you believe with this type of mix? The people from the support team (A Pot for Pot) suggested not watering the pot if it feels more than a 1/3 of the weight of the original soaked weight (18 lbs). I never got my pot to get that light (6 lbs).
I've typically been watering until like an inch below the top soil is compeltely dry, and i'll do around half a gallon every 4-5 days.
For some reason this doesn't feel like enough water, but i'm wondering if my soil pot mix being as complicated as it sounds, doesn't actually need that much watering?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Heres a tip.. next time get some super soil like Fox Farms or Dr Earths or any other " super soil " you'll have less to worry about :D

Also water till it starts to run out of the pot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have pH down and up. how much should I water you believe with this type of mix? The people from the support team (A Pot for Pot) suggested not watering the pot if it feels more than a 1/3 of the weight of the original soaked weight (18 lbs). I never got my pot to get that light (6 lbs).
I've typically been watering until like an inch below the top soil is compeltely dry, and i'll do around half a gallon every 4-5 days.
For some reason this doesn't feel like enough water, but i'm wondering if my soil pot mix being as complicated as it sounds, doesn't actually need that much watering?
Yeah you are over watering for sure. That can be a big issue especially in living soil.

kowato12

kowato12

Heres a tip.. next time get some super soil like Fox Farms or Dr Earths or any other " super soil " you'll have less to worry about :D

thanks guys I really appreciate your help. I'm just so tempted to give up on this plant right now and just start another grow later. but at the same time I don't want to give up on this little guy.
@Aqua Man i read your thread on pH, really informative thanks for that. so bottom line, what do you guys suggest? because i assume there are buffers in my soil mix

kowato12

kowato12

Yeah you are over watering for sure. That can be a big issue especially in living soil.
but i've always been told to water until I see runoff so I always get confused about whether or not i'm overwatering or underwatering. In my case do I want runoff still?

kowato12

kowato12

I have on more kit of the same exact soil. So i think i'm going to give this Pot for Pot mix another go when the time comes...but this time with all the notes I've taken from my first grow. I feel like the plant went through a lot of changes and stress during my first grow...especially with changing the light cycle and light source. and me overwatering it from what i sounds like according to @Aqua Man
plus, i've been feeding it water with a pH of like 8+

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You always wanna see run off to make sure your saturating the whole pot of soil. Plus this helps remove some of the excess build up of nutes that may be present.

As far as giving up and starting over.. Its up to you, this plant can be saved but its gonna take some effort :D

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

thanks guys I really appreciate your help. I'm just so tempted to give up on this plant right now and just start another grow later. but at the same time I don't want to give up on this little guy.
@Aqua Man i read your thread on pH, really informative thanks for that. so bottom line, what do you guys suggest? because i assume there are buffers in my soil mix
Let the soil dry out VERY WELL 6 pounds no exception. Both the plant and the microbiology in living soil NEED oxygen. It is possible this is caused by over watering.

I can't say what to add in terms of organic nutrients or to help jumpstart the microbes but I can say no matter what... YOU HAVE TIME. Let that pot dry out before adding anything.

Hopefully someone with some knowledge on organic ferts can chime in. It's possible you may not need to add nutrients because of constant over watering it could be just the uptake. Then again the soil may be depleted.

It's hard to say without testing ppm and pH of runoff. I know ppm in organic is not great but can still give a bit of the picture.

Myself I would probably add a small amount of synthetic nutrients to my next feed AFTER LETTING IT DRY just to get the plant some nutrients and see how she responds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You always wanna see run off to make sure your saturating the whole pot of soil. Plus this helps remove some of the excess build up of nutes that may be present.

As far as giving up and starting over.. Its up to you, this plant can be saved but its gonna take some effort :D
You don't need to remove salts in organic. Water should be done to saturate the pot with as little runoff as possible.

kowato12

kowato12

Let the soil dry out VERY WELL 6 pounds no exception. Both the plant and the microbiology in living soil NEED oxygen. It is possible this is caused by over watering.

I can't say what to add in terms of organic nutrients or to help jumpstart the microbes but I can say no matter what... YOU HAVE TIME. Let that pot dry out before adding anything.

Hopefully someone with some knowledge on organic ferts can chime in. It's possible you may not need to add nutrients because of constant over watering it could be just the uptake. Then again the soil may be depleted.

It's hard to say without testing ppm and pH of runoff. I know ppm in organic is not great but can still give a bit of the picture.

Myself I would probably add a small amount of synthetic nutrients to my next feed AFTER LETTING IT DRY just to get the plant some nutrients and see how she responds.
i'm assuming most likely i've overwatered the plant because during the veg state i was watering it half a gallon- a whole gallon every 2-3 days

should i at least give it some 6.5 pH water right now? I only watered it 1/4 gallon this morning. then let it dry up to 6 lbs? and once that happens should i water it enough so that it gets runoff?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You don't need to remove salts in organic. Water should be done to saturate the pot with as little runoff as possible.

But if your adding synthetics then salt build up is going to be an issue, for organic nutes no.. But you just told em up there to start adding synthetics.. which are going to build up in the soil if not properly flushed out?

Or am i smoking too much?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i'm assuming most likely i've overwatered the plant because during the veg state i was watering it half a gallon- a whole gallon every 2-3 days

should i at least give it some 6.5 pH water right now? I only watered it 1/4 gallon this morning. then let it dry up to 6 lbs? and once that happens should i water it enough so that it gets runoff?
No water... Plants lives matter.... No water.... Not until it's 6lbs

Latest posts

Top Bottom