HELP!! Leaves turning yellow with spots

• Thread starter kowato12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SourDC

SourDC

Hey everyone,

so my plant started experiencing problems during the late VEG state and has continued into the flowering stage. RIght now its going into week 8 on Wednesday.

I switched lights right when the flowering stage started because I was told my first light was super weak and didn't have enough wattage to power a single plant. I bought the 260 QB kit from HLG instead and installed that.

I'm also not measuring my pH accurately. I'm using tap water at the moment.
Does this look like a pH issue, and am I able to save the plant??

I snipped away at most of the diseased leaves and now I feel like my plant looks so naked compared to before.

Should I even bother snipping away at leaves with an autoflower next time???

Thanks for any help!
Kind of late to this thread, but can relate as I've been using apotforpot and am on my 6th try - all 2 gallons except last one is a 5 gallon kit. I've had all of the same questions as you posed. All of my plants have kind of faded down the stretch as you have described here. With my 3rd plant, I tried adding nutrients after week 4 with 1/4 dilution, which seemed to help at first, but I ended up burning the plant. With my 4th plant, I stopped with the nutrients. I did end up overwatering, which the plant seemed to recover from, but once again the plant faded down the stretch, losing most of its fan leaves well before a meager harvest. BTW, I have always used bottled water. My tap water is way too alkaline and too hard.

With my 5th and now 6th plants I have underway, I am pursuing a different remedy that assumes the problem is a Ca and/or Mg deficiency. The reasoning is twofold. First, I'm using water with 0 PPM and so no added Ca or Mg. Second, and perhaps more importantly, the coco coir provided by apotforpot is not buffered, a process which loads the coco with Ca and Mg. With my 5th plant (potted before my latest epiphany), I am supplementing with a low dose (120 PPM) or Calimagic with each watering. With my 6th plant, currently germinating in the Jiffy peat pellet, I have washed and buffered the coco. I'm hoping that this will remedy my ongoing problems with the apotforpot kits, otherwise it's time to try something different.

I'm curious how things turned out for you on this grow, and any subsequent apotforpot kits you've tried. Additionally, I'm hoping that some gurus online here will comment on my Ca-Mg deficiency hypothesis.

Top Bottom