Help! Leaves twisting with lesions and holes at area where it’s twisted

• Thread starter Ganjineering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjineering

Ganjineering

Hi guys,

I need some help diagnosing an issue with some of the plants in one of my trays. They look to have aggressively twisted, generally on newer growth, which also has some holes and damage where the leaves have turned over - I raised the lights this morning a few inches thinking it might be an issue with too much light intensity.

Day 15 in Veg
Strain: Lemon Granita
Growing in Rockwool drain to waste
Feeding them at 2.8EC and PH at 5.6-5.8. PPFd at canopy has been at 450, but more like 350-400 after lifting the lights a touch.
Growing under 1700e LEDs, room is at 85F and 70%RH, VPD 1.0.

It could also be an issue with nitrogen toxicity as the leaves are a darker green - just can’t tell. I have the same system feeding a tray of Grape Stomper OG right next to them and they are super healthy!

Any advice would be really great!

Thank you! 🙏

Help leaves twisting with lesions and holes at area where its twisted
Help leaves twisting with lesions and holes at area where its twisted 2
Help leaves twisting with lesions and holes at area where its twisted 3
Help leaves twisting with lesions and holes at area where its twisted 4
Help leaves twisting with lesions and holes at area where its twisted 5
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've seen twisted leaves many times. It usually settles as the leaf expands.
The purple circle highlights the hole in the leaf. That looks like it might be experiencing a deficiency because the twisted leaves are not allowing nutes to flow.
What is all the stuff in the other area?

Purple
Ganjineering

Ganjineering

I've seen twisted leaves many times. It usually settles as the leaf expands.
The purple circle highlights the hole in the leaf. That looks like it might be experiencing a deficiency because the twisted leaves are not allowing nutes to flow.
What is all the stuff in the other area?
Those bits are from the bran that we sprinkled on the plants when deployed our predatory mites. Yes there are holes on other plants as well, generally the plants which have the some twisted leaves on newer growth. We have the same system feeding another strain, Grape Stomper, on the next tray over and they look great - I’ve attached a pic of them. Could it be genetic? My first thought would be toxicity before deficiency?

3C3C0C0B A70C 4842 B568 10D37B870052
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A lack of Boron can make leaves twist. Normally, the amount found in the water is enough. If you do RO, you may need to add some back in.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Less I'm sure. Try 5ppm and see what happens. Boron is a trace element in Cannabis. Very little is needed.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Because the size of your grow, I would. Your local water dept will have it. It might even be posted online.

Top Bottom