Help! Looks like the start of soomething bad!

• Thread starter cletus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cletus

Okay here's what I have going. Please help me help my plants. (1) I am starting from seed. (2) They are 3 weeks old. (3) They are just under a foot. (4) 2 gallon grow bags. (5) 3 parts pro mix 1 part fox farm ocean forest. They also have some worm castings added. (6) I water 2-3 times a week with tap water. (guy at grow store said the water here is okay for them.) (7) I do not know the ph of the water. (8) I haven't fertilized yet. (9) I use a 400 watt HPS. (10) Light is 20 inches away from plant tops. (11) Space is 2 foot X 4 foot. (12) Temp is high 70s humidity is unknown but it is not high. (13) Soil ph is unknown. (14) no insects present. (15) I have less then 6 months experience. The leafs are spotted with brown spots or strips and are kinda crispy. Right now it is effecting just a couple leaves on 2 plants. Here are my pics, and thanks for the advice everyone!

Help  looks like the start of soomething bad
Help  looks like the start of soomething bad 2
Help  looks like the start of soomething bad 3
Help  looks like the start of soomething bad 4
Help  looks like the start of soomething bad 5
C

cletus

No it shouldn't be heat stress, the temps are in the high 70s.

stickyicky

stickyicky

PH is fairly important. You should check runoff PH. Soil is good around 6.4 I think?

The leaf issue's I see in your pic don't look like normal deficeincy. Did the plants get splashed w/ nutes or something? With only a few leaves affected I don't think you have a problem. Keep an eye out though.

Good Luck

C

cletus

Nope I haven't given them any added (aside from what was in the soil mix) nutes yet, was prob going to start tomorrow but I don't want to if something funky is going on that I can make worse. I will definitely keep my eye on them and if anything changes I will post it here. I will also get the soil ph checked and will post that as well. Thanks for the ideas guys, lets narrow this thing down!

B

bulldog74

Sup bro? 2 tips for you. Go buy a cheap ph test kit you can buy them at the dollar store. Check the ph of the water out of the tap then check the PH out of the run off. Next you want to check for the hardness of the water. Another possibility: are you spraying the plants with water (foliar) or are you pouring water onto them and letting water hit the leaves. This isnt a big deal if you are watering right before the lights go off but if you are watering while the lights are on the water will sit on the leaf and magnify the light causing it to burn.

Top Bottom