HELP!! making gummies with shatter!!

• Thread starter Lilblazed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilblazed

Lilblazed

I have tried to make edible gummies twice. The first time, I used two packets of unflavored gelatin, one packet of flavored jello, water, and shatter. The wax never fully melted and just sat on top of the edibles in tiny chunks. When I tried to eat the edibles, the wax just got stuck in my teeth and I didnā€™t feel anything. The second time I used the same recipe but this time I added 3tsp of food glycerin. And it happened again! The wax is just sitting on top of the gummy. I donā€™t understand what Iā€™m doing wrong and Iā€™m frustrated. Is there anyway I can salvage the gummies I just made? I used over 2 grams of shatter so I donā€™t want them to go to waste. What can I do ?? And what can I do next time so this doesnā€™t happen again. I attached a photo to show the wax on top. HELP!!!:(

Help making gummies with shatter
B

BroScience101

There's no way to salvage that and I wouldn't attempt gummies with shatter

Lilblazed

Lilblazed

The shatter isnā€™t water soluble, so not going to mix with the water in your gummy. Use an oil (coconut) to incorporate your shatter, then use an emulsifier (lecithin) to combine your water and oil.
Thank you! Do you know of anyway I can salvage the gummies I already made?

Lilblazed

Lilblazed

There's no way to salvage that and I wouldn't attempt gummies with shatter
The shatter isnā€™t water soluble, so not going to mix with the water in your gummy. Use an oil (coconut) to incorporate your shatter, then use an emulsifier (lecithin) to combine your water and oil.
The recipe I followed said the glycerin made the shatter water soluble, so thatā€™s why I used it.

mancorn

mancorn

Thank you! Do you know of anyway I can salvage the gummies I already made?
The THC is fine. But now mixed super poorly with your gelatin. One gummy could have 1/2 your shatter, while another has none. You can reheat gelatin (120-140F) which is safe for the shatter. But youā€™ll just end up with the same. Youā€™ll just need to dose visual making educated guess. If it has a bunch of shatter just nibble.

Lilblazed

Lilblazed

The THC is fine. But now mixed super poorly with your gelatin. One gummy could have 1/2 your shatter, while another has none. You can reheat gelatin (120-140F) which is safe for the shatter. But youā€™ll just end up with the same. Youā€™ll just need to dose visual making educated guess. If it has a bunch of shatter just nibble.
I appreciate the advice, thank you:) I thought they were ruined all together.

Green_Bambino

Green_Bambino

You can salvage the gummies no problem by reheating/melting, the issue is blending you can use a blender at low or medium for about 10 to 15 min, or you can use a homogenizer they are not cheap but it's a lot faster and blends way better. Blend your mix in the blender, the liquid has to be heated to about 50 or 60 celsius, you can't let it cool too much you might have to reheat and blend some more, once it's done let it sit for about 5 min and remove the foam from the top, once all the foam is removed you can fill your molds let them cool and stick them in the fridge for about 3 hours remove and dry.

Distillate THC / CBD Gummies

IMG 3191
Last edited:
Top Bottom