Help!! May Have Burned My Plants!

• Thread starter FratAndGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

I am having a severe issue ! I went and bought what I believed to be neem oil due to pest issues and sprayed my plants leaves and all and even the dirt to attempt to hack at the mites and other critters. Now two days later , I come back home to realize that all of my plants are shriveled up like I hadn't watered them and the leaves are dry and flaky - ish. Now that I have stepped back and looked at the spray I realize now that I had not fully read what I was buying and instead bought some neem oil extract crap that is .9% neem oil extract and 99.1% "other ingredients". I know that this crap spray is what has done this because i have outside plants and a few inside and all of them are identical in sickness after being sprayed. My plants are not dead yet (i.e. brown shriveled and crispy on the ground) but they appear to be very hurt . Are they going to die or does it look like they will recover?? what can I do about this?!? Is this going to significantly impact my yield??? I have put a lot of hard work and effort in to these for months now with great success and it would suck something nasty for them to die from my pitiful mistake...

Plant 1jpeg
Plant 2jpeg
Bottle
H

happy b

The new growth should be ok just try to wash off the crap with a spray bottle of clean water.well thats what i would do in that position.either that or start again which may not be a bad idea if you have pests.just scrub your room top to bpttom and get rid of any plant material or infected medium

FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

Well the pests aren't really a relevant issue as far as the inside plants went I had only sprayed them for preventative measures. And thanks for the reply!!

Junk

Junk

Just as a side note, that thing is really tall, & not many production sites. Not sure what your plans are with it, but the way it is now, it's not going to give you much.

dankninja

dankninja

Yea dont spray with hps lights on. at all. and if for some awful reason water hits a hot hps or mh bulb, run. after you turn off your power.

Junk

Junk

I don't remember saying that lol

lol, that's awesome.

No matter what light you are using I wouldn't spray with the lights on. I'm not worried about the light, I'm worried about the spotted leaves I'm going to end up with.

Although blowing up a bulb is certainly not good. You don't need to "run," just close your eyes, cover your face & prepare to be burned lol. I've never done it, but I've seen it happen. It's gonna burn the hell out of whatever it lands on.

dankninja

dankninja

lol, that's awesome.

No matter what light you are using I wouldn't spray with the lights on. I'm not worried about the light, I'm worried about the spotted leaves I'm going to end up with.

Although blowing up a bulb is certainly not good. You don't need to "run," just close your eyes, cover your face & prepare to be burned lol. I've never done it, but I've seen it happen. It's gonna burn the hell out of whatever it lands on.

im running. do what you gotta lol.

Junk

Junk

im running. do what you gotta lol.

Fine, you run, I'll stand in the door way of the grow room like Superman & absorb all the shrapnel. Maybe it's will make into a super hero, like if I blow up one of the DE Gavita's? I'll become Green Thumb man.

Running is not a bad idea, I've heard when it lands, it's hot as fire. I'm right behind you.

str8smokn

str8smokn

I'd have to go with @Junk and probably scrap it, if you have spent -- MONTHS--on this ,then I would say see ya... She should be much bigger after a couple of months. Just my thought..
STR8

Top Bottom