• Thread starter ShroomKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Well the time has finally come.

I'm going to do some pollen chucking.

I've selected a Sour Bubble male from a field of 7 to cross to my ladies. He is stout, has a burnt rubber/kush stem rub, 13 bladed leaves and is a moderately fast vegger.
Help me get this sour bubble stud laid

I have females of Kimbo Kush, Buddha TahoeOg, RugBurnOg 2x, Overdrive Og and Sour Bubble 2x.
Help me get this sour bubble stud laid 2

What I'm wanting to do is put the stud into flowering a little before I put the ladies into flower. That way he is dropping pollen when my ladies are in early flower formation. I can pollenate the ladies early and not seed my whole crop, and maybe collect a little pollen for future crosses if this male proves to be a good father.

My question is for experienced pollen chuckers or breeders.

How many days of a head start of 12/12 should I give the male?

Any other suggestions?

Let's get this dude laid!

Shamus

Shamus

I'm thinking a 10 day head start. ?

Anyone?
Idk enough about this but I'll give you some input.. IME males start dropping pollen around week 3 of flower and little bits before that as well.. But it will continue to grow mass of pods and continue to open them as well.. Personally I would just flower the male when the females go in.. But if like you said you only want a few seeds then I suppose a 10-15 day start would be in order

Could be wrong but.. Hope that helps

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I know subby says a weeks head start,but Ive been collecting and hand pollenating at the window of my choice.usually when plants in bloom room are just starting or finishing.I work the pollen area first thing when I get up with the shower running and jump right in and work the sensi at night.I run canfilter99s on my tents to keep pollen at bay

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I don't know a lot about pollen chicken but I would flower the male out in its own cab, collect pollen then paint the females when the time is right. Putting a male in the room can possibly seed your whole room.

No separate cab. So all I can do is put him in flower just before this run finishes, and let him have his way with the ladies coming into flower next run.

Dude what are u breeding to that? Sounds like something I would love. I'd be happy to donate a female if ur looking for one. Pm me man. Either way good luck . I'm sticking around!

Male:
Sour Bubble #7

Females :
Sour Bubble #3 (untested,bushy)
Sour Bubble #5 (untested,cornstalk)
CC Buddha TahoeOg -finishing now
RD RugBurnOg #2 (untested)
RD RugBurnOg #4 (untested)
CC freebie Og aka Overdrive Og -finishing now.

My basic idea is to use the Sour Bubble male to make S1 crosses to the OGs to produce earthy OG crosses that don't have as much stretch.

Once he skeets all over the ladies I will wait a day or two then pull him out of flower and then rinse everything down with water to remove excess pollen. Does this sound about right?

Tnelz

Tnelz

No separate cab. So all I can do is put him in flower just before this run finishes, and let him have his way with the ladies coming into flower next run.

Male:
Sour Bubble #7

Females :
Sour Bubble #3 (untested,bushy)
Sour Bubble #5 (untested,cornstalk)
CC Buddha TahoeOg -finishing now
RD RugBurnOg #2 (untested)
RD RugBurnOg #4 (untested)
CC freebie Og aka Overdrive Og -finishing now.

My basic idea is to use the Sour Bubble male to make S1 crosses to the OGs to produce earthy OG crosses that don't have as much stretch.

Once he skeets all over the ladies I will wait a day or two then pull him out of flower and then rinse everything down with water to remove excess pollen. Does this sound about right?
Sounds awesome from a grower standpoint. Don't know much about chucking pollen. I'd just love to see that plant crossed to a bunch of stuff I have. I'm def intrigued. I gotta start doing it myself at some point. That male seems like a winner. Good luck man and seriously if u want any strain I have to dust let me know man I'll get th to u. Respect.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Been busy last few days getting married To the joy of my life.
In the garden things are progressing well. The SB stud is in the flowering tent and has been for 4 days now. He is very happy.
1427047368692 842951322

The Sour Bubble, Overdrive Og, RugBurnOg, Buddha TahoeOg ladies are still in veg and will be dropped into flower in about 6 days.
20150322 093425
20150322 093421
20150321 235546
20150321 235606

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Give him a week, hell be dropping by week 3, and looking suspect by week 2. You can put him back in veg area at week 2-2&1/2 cutting off all mature hanging or swollen clusters placing on looseleaf to dry. In a few days you could bust up the sacks, youll be able to get an idea of at what maturity the sacks should be by giving pollen or not. pull veg matter and let dry for a day or 2 before storing but its ready to use.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you will end up with more seeds if you give the females a 10 day head start on the male. i have done a few seed runs as of lately with them both going in the same time and have gotten alot less seeds, then when i gave the females the 2 week head start.

philly kush

philly kush

Shroom I usually put them into flower at the same time & let them get their grove on. I tried this method once cause I had multiple strains, I put my male on 12/12 in separate rm. for a few weeks grabbed some love juice from him & sprinkled the ladies & covered the leaves with a clear plastic bag with small holes in the bag for air & didn't have to worry about the other ladies getting pollenated. Good luck with everything,,,,,,PEACE............

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The stud is moving along nicely and showing a little frost but not major. His stem rub is very strong burnt rubbber/ earthy cheese. Im not hitting him to the Kimbo Kush since I retired the cut for good, for low yield. and skeptical about crossing him to the Buddha TahoeOg due to its herm nature. But I'm very excited about making these beans.
20150328 175043
20150328 174859

Top Bottom