Help me I think I killed 2 of my 3 plants

• Thread starter Mat1331
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mat1331

I had leaf hoppers all over my plants I think cause they ran sideways so I sprayed them with canola and soap now 80 percent of the leaves are dead can I save them ? I attached a pic of all three two weeks prior then after also we got hit hard with a week of high humidity and heat

Help me i think i killed 2 of my 3 plants
Help me i think i killed 2 of my 3 plants 2
Help me i think i killed 2 of my 3 plants 3
Help me i think i killed 2 of my 3 plants 4
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I had leaf hoppers all over my plants I think cause they ran sideways so I sprayed them with canola and soap now 80 percent of the leaves are dead can I save them ? I attached a pic of all three two weeks prior then after also we got hit hard with a week of high humidity and heat
cut the browned leafs and let um go,you would be surprised what this plant can handle,just a tip,when you spray with soap dont use but a tad,it is just to stick what ever your using on the leaves,in my 2 gal sprayer i use just cold press neem and dish soap about 4 drops and mix,so not any really to say but it still sticks to the leaves,they will recover let um roll mate,cold roll neem is better for the plant and th cutters cant stand the taste,in biblical times of locust,the neem tree is the only thing that survived and that saying something

M

Mat1331

cut the browned leafs and let um go,you would be surprised what this plant can handle,just a tip,when you spray with soap dont use but a tad,it is just to stick what ever your using on the leaves,in my 2 gal sprayer i use just cold press neem and dish soap about 4 drops and mix,so not any really to say but it still sticks to the leaves,they will recover let um roll mate,cold roll neem is better for the plant and th cutters cant stand the taste,in biblical times of locust,the neem tree is the only thing that survived and that saying something
Should I wait for the leaves the orrery much fall off there self I took probably 40 leaves of today and they just fell off soon as you touched them. Thank you for the advice

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Should I wait for the leaves the orrery much fall off there self I took probably 40 leaves of today and they just fell off soon as you touched them. Thank you for the advice
let um do there thang friend,to late to fix,the brownish will never recover,i see yellowing but all together they dont look all that bad for outside plants,outdoors your gonna have my bugs down south here visit you just saying,like i said neem is your friend until they start to flower,then i spray nothing,if bugs are chomping on them and as long as it doesnt effect my buds,hell they can eat all the leafs they want,less trimming,mites aphids another ball game,then you have no choice but to spray,but leaf hoppers and such cant stand the neem and they just leave,even reg spiders dont like it,preventive measures are just as important than the feeds you give them ,start from the begining and do it monthly,stop them no way in hell ,slow them down yes um,your gonna see a lot worse than that by harvest time outside,focus on the buds is all you can do

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
All you can do is wait and see.. But I agree that youd be surprised what they can bounce back from. My last crop I accidentally "defoliated" the plants with an overdose of a pyrethrin bug bomb... Plants looked terrible, but still grew nice buds.

M

Mat1331

That’s great lol I hope it won’t affect flowering stage but I still got a bit and it hasn’t slowed doe. Growth it’s still growing just looks like crap

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

That’s great lol I hope it won’t affect flowering stage but I still got a bit and it hasn’t slowed doe. Growth it’s still growing just looks like crap
more times than not all that your looking at will be gone in no time,whats above it at about 2ft off the ground be the mighty magic weed lmao,them bugs gonna eat all that up,not joking either,next trip plant more and grow a trap plant,they will flock to the sickly one and leave others alone,sacrifice at least one outdoors,them critters own this world we just visiting lmao,just have set back enjoy the show,tell ya what this will blow your mind down in my bottom garden i have a small compost pile,in that pile this year a tomato plant popped up,i have had the damned time trying to keep them going in the top container garden,but that hing just popped up,i didnt plant it,it was scraps from dinner ,the thing grew a little ,i was gonna pull it but decided to see if it would grow tomato's,i have never watered it and it still in the compost pile,in about 1 to 2 more weeks i be eating the fruit from it,even in that compost pile which has snakes and every damn bug there is living in it,they have yet to bite one leaf on the plant,the rest my garden shit bugs galore,not to mention a damn 20 lb coon digging for grubs ,got his ass on a trail camera,but anyway if we just let them ride and struggle to survive the way they were meant to be,lot less problems,lot of folk shove nutrients and all the bells and whistles at them,yes they look pretty and all but what about the smoke,to me smoke is smoke why spend a fortune to see white snow all over a plant when it do it on its on if the genetic tell it too,especially indoors,the only thing we dont mimic is doing nothing and lketting the plant dig its crib why it is here lmao,my shit aint the best cause im cheap ass broke dick,but im not feeling any pain either hahahahah moral of the story,let um ride and be surprised if they die start over,that simple,you will see what i mean when you have a big hedge and or bush worring how your gonna hold them big ass branches off the ground,that tomato plant is better than any i have and pamper no shit

Rcubed

Rcubed

more times than not all that your looking at will be gone in no time,whats above it at about 2ft off the ground be the mighty magic weed lmao,them bugs gonna eat all that up,not joking either,next trip plant more and grow a trap plant,they will flock to the sickly one and leave others alone,sacrifice at least one outdoors,them critters own this world we just visiting lmao,just have set back enjoy the show,tell ya what this will blow your mind down in my bottom garden i have a small compost pile,in that pile this year a tomato plant popped up,i have had the damned time trying to keep them going in the top container garden,but that hing just popped up,i didnt plant it,it was scraps from dinner ,the thing grew a little ,i was gonna pull it but decided to see if it would grow tomato's,i have never watered it and it still in the compost pile,in about 1 to 2 more weeks i be eating the fruit from it,even in that compost pile which has snakes and every damn bug there is living in it,they have yet to bite one leaf on the plant,the rest my garden shit bugs galore,not to mention a damn 20 lb coon digging for grubs ,got his ass on a trail camera,but anyway if we just let them ride and struggle to survive the way they were meant to be,lot less problems,lot of folk shove nutrients and all the bells and whistles at them,yes they look pretty and all but what about the smoke,to me smoke is smoke why spend a fortune to see white snow all over a plant when it do it on its on if the genetic tell it too,especially indoors,the only thing we dont mimic is doing nothing and lketting the plant dig its crib why it is here lmao,my shit aint the best cause im cheap ass broke dick,but im not feeling any pain either hahahahah moral of the story,let um ride and be surprised if they die start over,that simple,you will see what i mean when you have a big hedge and or bush worring how your gonna hold them big ass branches off the ground,that tomato plant is better than any i have and pamper no shit
You know it Oldy. I have thrown scraps in my compost pile just to have them come up. I have a raddichio plant that I threw back there when it went to seed. It's growing strong right now. If it wants to live it'll live. How's that cucumber in a barrel doin?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You know it Oldy. I have thrown scraps in my compost pile just to have them come up. I have a raddichio plant that I threw back there when it went to seed. It's growing strong right now. If it wants to live it'll live. How's that cucumber in a barrel doin?
damped off on me,i started another just popped dirt today,i went to a 3 inch pot about 3 inches tall,filled can to a 1/4 inch depth of the pot,by the time it really takes root the heat and plant will use that 1/4 inch of feed and the pot wont be in soaking solution if you dig,make them roots go to the water hahahah,that peach tree i transplanted into my big compost pile is finally starting to come around,thought i was gonna lose it i really need to find a place for the one in the 5 gal bucket away from my kids with 4 legs hahahah they always hungry,looks like 8 fawns all im gonna have this year,3 of my doe lost there babies and i been nursing them back to good health,that pine apple still rocking?

Rcubed

Rcubed

Oh well you'll get em lined out. Yeah the pineapples are doin good also the strawberries are rockin this year. Blueberries didn't do good. Not sure why. Only got a few. Maybe I need to check acidity on em again cause they love acid soil. When I put them in I worked in a lot of compost and some pine needles. Thought I had ph right. Got lots last year but my soil wants to be nuetral so maybe its balancing out again. One thing you said about bugs hit me too. This year with all the rain we had has made the bugs run wild. Ive never seen so many different kinds. Spiders too. I love seeing the spiders on my plants. I got this one kind that makes traps using his web and rolling the leafs. Sometimes I just sit in the middle of the plants and watch the spiders do their thing.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh well you'll get em lined out. Yeah the pineapples are doin good also the strawberries are rockin this year. Blueberries didn't do good. Not sure why. Only got a few. Maybe I need to check acidity on em again cause they love acid soil. When I put them in I worked in a lot of compost and some pine needles. Thought I had ph right. Got lots last year but my soil wants to be nuetral so maybe its balancing out again. One thing you said about bugs hit me too. This year with all the rain we had has made the bugs run wild. Ive never seen so many different kinds. Spiders too. I love seeing the spiders on my plants. I got this one kind that makes traps using his web and rolling the leafs. Sometimes I just sit in the middle of the plants and watch the spiders do their thing.
ive got something new with all the rain,ants,i mean out the ass too,we lived here 3 years now and i have never seen a one,they drove up like gypsie and squatted ,im charge there ass rent hahaah

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

The solution mixed with the sun caused a detrimental reaction on the surface of the leaves. I've seen that happen in a tomato garden when someone used some type of hot pepper liquid mixed with water and sprayed on the plants with a spray bottle.

With that being said, I try and limit the amount of water on the leaves of the plant when the sun is baking. So for the spray solution used, I would have taken them into the shade of trees or a garage and let the solution do the job without any sun light. At night is hit or miss because the moisture and lowering temps could be problematic.

I think they will be stunted for a little bit and the damaged leaves will have to yellow and fall off but it should be okay. I would keep them in the shade as to not exacerbate the illness.

I would order a preying mantis egg and release them into your garden next year.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The solution mixed with the sun caused a detrimental reaction on the surface of the leaves. I've seen that happen in a tomato garden when someone used some type of hot pepper liquid mixed with water and sprayed on the plants with a spray bottle.

With that being said, I try and limit the amount of water on the leaves of the plant when the sun is baking. So for the spray solution used, I would have taken them into the shade of trees or a garage and let the solution do the job without any sun light. At night is hit or miss because the moisture and lowering temps could be problematic.

I think they will be stunted for a little bit and the damaged leaves will have to yellow and fall off but it should be okay. I would keep them in the shade as to not exacerbate the illness.

I would order a preying mantis egg and release them into your garden next year.

Excellent advice right here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom