Help me maximize the yield on my first grow with this small auto (Please)

• Thread starter Sauromayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sauromayne

Water: 1 gal distilled, 1 cup tap, pH to 6.2
Nutrients: FF trio veg blend, half recommended amount once every 1-2 weeks (haven't figured this part out yet, will switch to flower blend for next feeding)
Medium: FF Happy Frog potting soil
Light: Spider Farmer SF1000 (started with crappy blurple light but been using this since around the start of flower)
Following VPD chart guidelines in regards to temp/rh (70-75F and 50-55% rh for early flower, will lower rh to 40-45% for mid-late flower)

Hello everyone, I started this Zkittlez Auto (Fast Buds) from seed 44 days ago. She started to flower around Day 35 so its been ~9 days since start of flower. I would have liked to veg for longer so I could get some proper training in and get more growth, but I guess buying an auto for my first grow wasn't the greatest idea with my inexperience. I am going to be growing a photo next time.

She is about 10 inches from the top of the soil, and top of plant is around 18 inches from the SF1000 at 90% intensity currently. She would have been a bit taller but when I transplanted I did not put in nearly enough soil and ended up having to bury a few nodes. I also had a VPD issue (pre-transplant) when I was first trying to install an exhaust and nearly killed her about 2 weeks in, but she bounced back.

I have not done any training aside from my failed attempts at LST, but I want your advice on how I can maximize the yield with what I currently have. If some form of training is still relevant and will help me get a better yield I will try it out. But LST with this plant has been difficult due to the issue with the transplant and starting training very late.

I have noticed she is starting to get very bushy near the stem and a lot of the lower bud sites don't get great light. Is there any defoliation I should be doing at this point? What leaves are safe for me to remove? I would appreciate any advice you master growers have for me 😀

Help me maximize the yield on my first grow with this small auto please
Help me maximize the yield on my first grow with this small auto please 2
Help me maximize the yield on my first grow with this small auto please 3
Help me maximize the yield on my first grow with this small auto please 4
Help me maximize the yield on my first grow with this small auto please 5
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks fine. In a month or so you will have some good smoke. You can't top it now, you are in flower mode already. Just let it grow at this point.

S

Sauromayne

It looks fine. In a month or so you will have some good smoke. You can't top it now, you are in flower mode already. Just let it grow at this point.
Alright for sure, appreciate you taking a look. I'm excited for my next grow and to be able to veg longer and experiment with some training or topping. Wish I didn't go with the auto for my first grow, I was thinking it would be easier for a beginner but now I'm actually thinking the opposite 😅

S

Sauromayne

Autos are a pain in the butt unless you have an auto tent. (We do)
Regs are so much simpler and you get more from them.
What makes a tent an auto tent? I think for my purposes just growing photos in the tent I have will be best for now, but I'm curious what makes a tent better for autos?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A tent is a tent. We have an auto tent because we keep it at 18/6 all the time. We veg regs and grow autos in it.
Our other tent runs 12/12 all the time. We start a plant in the 'small' tent (2x4) which is our auto tent. When they are ready, we move the regs to the flower tent.

S

Sauromayne

A tent is a tent. We have an auto tent because we keep it at 18/6 all the time. We veg regs and grow autos in it.
Our other tent runs 12/12 all the time. We start a plant in the 'small' tent (2x4) which is our auto tent. When they are ready, we move the regs to the flower tent.
Oh alright I got you. Sounds like a good setup, might have to do something like that later on when I have more room.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Oh alright I got you. Sounds like a good setup, might have to do something like that later on when I have more room.
It's really the best way to have a regular monthly harvest. I want to expand ours in our new place after we move. I'm thinking of a pair of 4x4 rooms, but since I'm planning on side lighting, I may as well make it a pair of 5x5 rooms instead, each one with a SF SE5000 upgrade in it.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Not sure you can do much at this point. They need to be decent size by day 30 for good yields. This one will have a nice main cola.

GYOweed

GYOweed

Plant some photo fems.
Rest is all vpd, proper soil temp, oxygen to roots, feed microbes, proper PAR, air flow, non-novelty genetics, timer.
Im trying mostly coco that i prepped with organic dry ferts.

Tools:
RH meter, ppm meter, pH meter, meat thermometer, IR pen (get leaf temp), par meter/lux meter (use waveform lightings conversion calculator, i use red blue white for quantums).

Top Bottom