Help me pinpoint which deficiency? Problem?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey everyone new indoor grower here and my LSD plant is showing me some yellowing. Currently on week 4 day 6 of flower. The rest of my ladies seem good and I feel this is a tad early to see the natural yellowing. I’ve been looking at deficiency charts and digging around so I figured I would ask my fellow farmer fam!
Help me pinpoint which deficiency problem 3
Help me pinpoint which deficiency problem
Help me pinpoint which deficiency problem 2

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
These come from the very bottom of the plant?
Yes there were just 2 or 3 I noticed but the plant overall is just not as green as the other plants…
Are you getting runoff?

If so stop watering to runoff.

Pots are drying well between watering?

They look just a slight bit over watered or cold roots.
I was watering with a half gallon and went up to 80 oz. takes about 3 days before I water again. I’ve been pretty good about letting them dry out. Maybe go back to the half gal every 2 days instead? Even with the scrog net I’ve been able to kinda lift my pots still as well to know when to water. With a half gal in 3 gallons of medium they were needing to be watered 48 hrs like clockwork. Usually see a slight droop around then telling me to water them. I planned on watering with Epsom salts and then back to my compost tea.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Are you getting runoff?

If so stop watering to runoff.

Pots are drying well between watering?

They look just a slight bit over watered or cold roots.
Cold roots or overwatering causes that? Very interesting I’ve learned so much and I’m so close to the finish line I don’t wanna lose control at this stage of my first ever indoor grow.. you asked about run off no I don’t water till run off but I have tried bottom watering in the tray and letting the plant pull it up worth capillary action. Water was never left in the tray it has always been completely absorbed..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cold roots or overwatering causes that? Very interesting I’ve learned so much and I’m so close to the finish line I don’t wanna lose control at this stage of my first ever indoor grow.. you asked about run off no I don’t water till run off but I have tried bottom watering in the tray and letting the plant pull it up worth capillary action. Water was never left in the tray it has always been completely absorbed..
With organics you want to keep the soil between 30%-60% saturation. No runoff and not bone dry. So yes I would probably go back to watering a bit less at a time. It's important to keep all the media moist UT you don't need to saturate it with ru off like synthetic.

If you raise en just up off the floor it may improve root zone temps.

Imo bottom watering is not a good idea because it only feeds the saturation zone and will create an even larger difference in moisture from top to bottom. Where the top will be almost bone dry and bottom soggy wet.

You don't want to let the soil dry right out bit rather allow it to take up a good lotionnof the saturation zone before watering again.

If they are drooping it's to long. With synthetic it's not as big of an issue but with organics the microbes responsible for the break down of nutrients to make them available need moisture or they will die (moisture as in damp or moist but not wet)

So once the soil had been saturated you want to keep it in a happy medium of being moist but not wet and allow it to take up water from the saturation zone before watering again.

If you wanna give them a quick boost you can brew a batch of terp tea grow and just give em a slight bump next feed. This allows the terp tea to be broken down into available nutrients before being added to the soil so its immediately available.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To add leaves that are older and shaded are naturally she by the plants as there is no benefit to the plant for keeping them. So it's like that's what you are seeing. Some minor tweaks and your good. Nothing to be overly concerned with here just a couple things I think could be slightly improved is all.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
To add leaves that are older and shaded are naturally she by the plants as there is no benefit to the plant for keeping them. So it's like that's what you are seeing. Some minor tweaks and your good. Nothing to be overly concerned with here just a couple things I think could be slightly improved is all.
Honestly so glad it was you who commented and I had I feeling it would be you bc I could see you bouncing around to different posts like you always do when active which is almost always 😆. Ya I thought that as well about brewing up some terp tea grow. I’m going back to watering from the top and I’m backing down to a half gal once again. Thanx for the help I was over analyzing and feeling my anxiety kick up. I got this I’m gonna take a deep breath and start brewing some tea and throw on some seed to harvest YouTube videos! 🙌🙏✌️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly so glad it was you who commented and I had I feeling it would be you bc I could see you bouncing around to different posts like you always do when active which is almost always 😆. Ya I thought that as well about brewing up some terp tea grow. I’m going back to watering from the top and I’m backing down to a half gal once again. Thanx for the help I was over analyzing and feeling my anxiety kick up. I got this I’m gonna take a deep breath and start brewing some tea and throw on some seed to harvest YouTube videos! 🙌🙏✌️
Yeah your in no trouble brother.. you got this 👍

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It could be the root temps. I don't know about that, but the only time I've heard of root temps mattering that much is when it freezes before harvest outside.
What's in your tea? This looks like nitro deficiency. What are you feeding them?

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
It could be the root temps. I don't know about that, but the only time I've heard of root temps mattering that much is when it freezes before harvest outside.
What's in your tea? This looks like nitro deficiency. What all are you feeding them?
The rest are nice and green besides my LSD plant. 3 gallon pots with purple cow indicanja living soil and then started feeding with the terp tea dry amendments by roots organics. Started with teas and have top dressed for the last feed. I also make compost teas every other watering. 2 1/2 gallons of water, fish shit, recharge, molasses, orca liquid mycorrhizae, cal/mag and a half cup of EWC in a sock used as the “tea bag”. I also have the terp tea grow formula which I plan to make a tea with to feed her. The rest will get the above mentioned recipe as they are not nutrient deficient.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's in your tea? This looks like nitro deficiency. What are you feeding them?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Very interesting. The temps force morphing of the anatomy in an expansive or contractive manner.
Never heard that before. There is a serious change in temp indicated in the paper though. 86deg F = 30deg C. Does the tent (outdoors would of course) vary that much? Isn't that why we install air handling?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very interesting. The temps force morphing of the anatomy in an expansive or contractive manner.
Never heard that before. There is a serious change in temp indicated in the paper though. 86deg F = 30deg C. Does the tent (outdoors would of course) vary that much? Isn't that why we install air handling?
It's more the day night temps but also in relation to media temps and overall plant temps. Air temls are much less Impactful.... if the plants, leaves and root temps are good air temps are almost insignificant in a sense. Media also plays a big role as the root temps will fluctuate more in a well aerated media. Lots of factors at play. A lifetime could be spent trying to understand all the mechanics and influences of plants. That's where I put most of my time. If you understand how something works its easier to understand not only how to improve your grows but also why you are seeing issues with them.

Top Bottom