Help me save my first hydro grow :(

• Thread starter highguy777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highguy777

highguy777

I have a 8 site rdwc with res bucket outside the tent , 13 gallon each bucket filled up with about 90 gallons of RO water. This is a flower only tent

so details , veg went totally fine all green all healthy at 600ppm. Switched to flower tent , mixed new water , some protekt, dynagro foliage pro and then hydroguard after. First week I noticed a yellowing starting on the leaves , it looked like the light was burning them, so I lowered the light power. Days later , still seeing the issue progress. Raised the lights. Week later , it is still yellowing with almost a bleach look on some leaves. Only thought is to increase the nutes , went to 800-900 ppm and nothing has improved. This is about beginning week 3 of flower
Water temps are 70-74 degrees
Ppm is 800 and ph at 6.0

now because I have absolutely no idea what to do I did a flush of the water in there because it was looking salty.
fresh 90 gallons in, no protekt this time , just dynagro up to 1000ppm. I feel the plants are starving and need more nutrients, the dynagro feed chart has this stage around 1200 ppm so I’m not sure

this is my first hydro grow , and it is rough in flower right now :( please help me save my buds guys
Roots look healthy , I’ll get more photos of it posted

Help me save my first hydro grow
Help me save my first hydro grow 2
Help me save my first hydro grow 3
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Sorry mate, you may not be able to save this one. And I’m always about finishing to learn something. You already learned from an error.
what’s your pH like?

your thought to increase nutes probably killed them.

highguy777

highguy777

I
Sorry mate, you may not be able to save this one. And I’m always about finishing to learn something. You already learned from an error.
what’s your pH like?

your thought to increase nutes probably killed them.
just increased it yesterday so idk yet .-. Ph oddly drifts DOWN opposed to up. Falls to 5.0 fast but I keep it at 6.0

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Someone use one of your buckets to clean with bleach and not tell you? Had that happen to me in the past and watched one of the best ive ever grown die from the bottom up

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

The only time I’ve seen something like this was when I let some girls dry out 6-7 weeks into flower then hit them with a full feeding.

Salt shocked the roots. Broke my little heart.

Never did it again.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So you transplanted them to a new hydro system? Did you accumulate the water? Meaning, did you use some of your old water in your new system, say 20% from your veg tent water? Thats my plan and ill tell you why in a second. Did you let your RO water sit out for 24hrs to remove the chlorine before you added your hydroguard? You could have killed your colony instantly, yet since you say your ph is drifting down instead of up, imma say you did let let your ro sit out, and you did maintain your colony because they tend to lower your ph in my experience.

Im guessing you went from a veg blend strait to a grow blend too. So your roots were structured for your old feed, and then you shocked them with your new system.

Make sure to keep your root mass fully submerged. Turn your lights down a bit to slow things down up top, and make sure your entire root mass is white. Massage them roots too, get the slime of them. Idk how this could happen without root rot. Id also lower your feed to damn near nothing for now. Then cut every single bad leaf off. . but yea, shes in flower, so as the guys above said. .your not gonna get much out of it compared to it going perfect. . . but if I were you, i would do what I just said lol. . I aint ever purposely ending a grow. .

Good luck and get us some root pictures.

highguy777

highguy777

So you transplanted them to a new hydro system? Did you accumulate the water? Meaning, did you use some of your old water in your new system, say 20% from your veg tent water? Thats my plan and ill tell you why in a second. Did you let your RO water sit out for 24hrs to remove the chlorine before you added your hydroguard? You could have killed your colony instantly, yet since you say your ph is drifting down instead of up, imma say you did let let your ro sit out, and you did maintain your colony because they tend to lower your ph in my experience.

Im guessing you went from a veg blend strait to a grow blend too. So your roots were structured for your old feed, and then you shocked them with your new system.

Make sure to keep your root mass fully submerged. Turn your lights down a bit to slow things down up top, and make sure your entire root mass is white. Massage them roots too, get the slime of them. Idk how this could happen without root rot. Id also lower your feed to damn near nothing for now. Then cut every single bad leaf off. . but yea, shes in flower, so as the guys above said. .your not gonna get much out of it compared to it going perfect. . . but if I were you, i would do what I just said lol. . I aint ever purposely ending a grow. .

409C51D6 3E57 4E42 9948 8E9DA13016F3
3063EE5B 4AC4 4E30 91DD A8B5A3899C01
12BA11EA F462 445C 8620 4ABBA5CAFAB9
highguy777

highguy777

Added photos of roots and another bud photo. To me the roots look fine, but I’m a noob.
didn’t add previous water from the system. Only added exactly the same way as the other setup. I have identical setups in two tents. One flower one veg.
the water sat in buckets for about a day or two unintentionally.
Exactly the same nutrients in my veg vs flower tent , dynagro foliage pro.
I’m really sad but like you said I wouldn’t end it, I’m sure it’ll still produce buds , not a lot or amazing. But better than just chopping it all down.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

RO water does not need to sit out.

There is no chlorine at all in RO.

There are very few ions present in RO.

That’s why people use it………
Yea I just figured that out.. So he for sure has his colony still, expecially given his roots are perfect..

I'm stumped..

Being he's early in flower, perhaps it will fix its self? Just wild how half is good and half is bad. It's like the old growth is bad not the new...

I think if he trimmed all the bad he might get lucky.

Also calibrate ur ph meter.. It could be way off. Ur not over feeding them because ur roots would be stained.. So i have no idea. .

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I have a 8 site rdwc with res bucket outside the tent , 13 gallon each bucket filled up with about 90 gallons of RO water. This is a flower only tent

so details , veg went totally fine all green all healthy at 600ppm. Switched to flower tent , mixed new water , some protekt, dynagro foliage pro and then hydroguard after. First week I noticed a yellowing starting on the leaves , it looked like the light was burning them, so I lowered the light power. Days later , still seeing the issue progress. Raised the lights. Week later , it is still yellowing with almost a bleach look on some leaves. Only thought is to increase the nutes , went to 800-900 ppm and nothing has improved. This is about beginning week 3 of flower
Water temps are 70-74 degrees
Ppm is 800 and ph at 6.0

now because I have absolutely no idea what to do I did a flush of the water in there because it was looking salty.
fresh 90 gallons in, no protekt this time , just dynagro up to 1000ppm. I feel the plants are starving and need more nutrients, the dynagro feed chart has this stage around 1200 ppm so I’m not sure

this is my first hydro grow , and it is rough in flower right now :( please help me save my buds guys
Roots look healthy , I’ll get more photos of it posted
Looks like somebody doubled up on the nitrogen and burned the plant but good. Dump the tanks. blow out the lines and start from scratch. Plant's in flower give it minimal nitrogen and bump up the phosphorus to finish it up. Defoliate clean it up and see what happens.

highguy777

highguy777

Yea I just figured that out.. So he for sure has his colony still, expecially given his roots are perfect..

I'm stumped..

Being he's early in flower, perhaps it will fix its self? Just wild how half is good and half is bad. It's like the old growth is bad not the new...

Also calibrate ur ph meter.. It could be way off. Ur not over feeding them because ur roots would be stained.. So i have no idea. .
Atleast the roots are good :( but eek I just don’t know wtf happened. I KNOW initially it was light burn, my lights were around 8 inches away, raised them and lowered the power but nothing really improved.
Using a bluelab monitor and just recalibrated when it told me :D
A lad I chat with on here when I previously showed the photos said they looked hungry and needed more nutrients to absorb the light.
so that’s when I did the whole refresh of water and added more nutes.

Idk guys :(

highguy777

highguy777

Looks like somebody doubled up on the nitrogen and burned the plant but good. Dump the tanks. blow out the lines and start from scratch. Plant's in flower give it minimal nitrogen and bump up the phosphorus to finish it up. Defoliate clean it up and see what happens.
I’m just using foliage pro :( it’s not very strong and my ppm were quite low For what it was initially.
I shall defoliate then, it’s a good idea to do when the plant looks that stressed?

highguy777

highguy777

I'm stumped..

Also about the growth, that is what is odd to me and why I took another bud photo, you can see some of the purple on the fan leaves, as if things are kind of going okay, but also see leaves fried. I definitely need to clean it up, but probably leave it at this higher ppm as they seem hungry

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Also about the growth, that is what is odd to me and why I took another bud photo, you can see some of the purple on the fan leaves, as if things are kind of going okay, but also see leaves fried. I definitely need to clean it up, but probably leave it at this higher ppm as they seem hungry
Yea keep an eye on your new growth.. Focus on making sure it's perfect. And if you trim all that junk off, more light will penetrate and you will get better photosynthesis on your lower leafs. Normally it would even out, if they were healthy leafs..

And what do u mean foliage pro, isn't there better hydro nutrients than that lol..

I'm off to bed.. Good luck bud.. I'm sure between all of us u will be good... Lucky that ur in hydro and shit heals fast.

highguy777

highguy777

Yea keep an eye on your new growth.. Focus on making sure it's perfect. And if you trim all that junk off, more light will penetrate and you will get better photosynthesis on your lower leafs. Normally it would even out, if they were healthy leafs..

And what do u mean foliage pro, isn't there better hydro nutrients than that lol..

I'm off to bed.. Good luck bud.. I'm sure between all of us u will be good... Lucky that ur in hydro and shit heals fast.
why not foliage pro :( i had great results with it during veg, i love that it is a good base to build on, but I was hoping I would be able to simply raise ppm of foliage pro for any feeding wants .-. hopefully it does heal quickly, my poor poor buds :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom