Help me to choose a Digital Ballast

• Thread starter Midori
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Midori

wassup farmers!!:character0103:

im planning to buy a new 400w 120v digital ballast..
i have saw the HID HUT and the Lumatek around there...

i don't know what is the best pick cause i still dont have experience with those brands..

i need ur hands in here guyz..help me to choose the best 4 me..

PS: if u know a best site to buy that will ship in my country..please let me know

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What is the voltage and plug configuration in the Land of the Rising Sun?

You may have a local source over there as well and more than likely top quality gear..indoor food crop horticulture is big over there so i assume there are vendors.

Tex

M

Midori

What is the voltage and plug configuration in the Land of the Rising Sun?

You may have a local source over there as well and more than likely top quality gear..indoor food crop horticulture is big over there so i assume there are vendors.

Tex

120 volts sir.. ya we have hydro shops here . there is actually a store just a few blocks from my house... but there price is all the same always DOUBLED :mad0233:

imagine 60000 + yen for 400w Hps Light Set..almost $600

Q

Qman

Lumatek is one of the best BUT you pay $ for it.

I have been running a Digital Greenhouse 1000w for almost 2 years and have not had any problems and you can't beat the price.

I buy all my equipment from High Tech Garden Supply they also have 400w

http://www.htgsupply.com

Matter of fact I just ordered a new HPS bulb (it was time)

M

Midori

Lumatek is one of the best BUT you pay $ for it.

I have been running a Digital Greenhouse 1000w for almost 2 years and have not had any problems and you can't beat the price.

I buy all my equipment from High Tech Garden Supply they also have 400w

http://www.htgsupply.com
tnx dude for the tip..:character0103: i check the site but they dont ship here.. but u gave me idea for the ballast..hmmm :character0103:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Probably some badass tariffs and taxes on electronics coming back into Japan also alot, if not most, of the ballast products are exclusively manufactured in China and that may be some rub as well..

Tex

N

Nuglover

Wanna really save money...buy a ballast kit and assemble it yourself. 400w for around $100. I used to buy refurbished ballasts from insidesun.com. I'd get 400w HPS for $110 ballast, bulb, and reflector. Try them.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Wanna really save money...buy a ballast kit and assemble it yourself. 400w for around $100. I used to buy refurbished ballasts from insidesun.com. I'd get 400w HPS for $110 ballast, bulb, and reflector. Try them.

Great idea but it is much better to go to an industrial lighting supply store or wholesale place for that stuff. A 1000watt multi tap(110v/120v/208v/220v/277v/480v) ballast kit is around $90 with everything you need brand new. All you need is a power cord, lamp cord, and mogul base to get to gettin. That would probably be easy to find over there.

Tex

T

todgerdelburro

if the gear is so expensive, bulbs probably are as well, making digitals even more worthwhile. my lumatek puple digis have run perfectly for over a year

O

Old Yeller

My green Galaxy has been running perfect - haven't heard any negative comments about the Galaxy's.

K

kill-9

Im in the market for a digital ballast too, and alot of Lumatek customers were having problems, check on this forum.

My local hydro shops are stocking galaxy digital ballasts, not lumatek.... so that tells me something. They're not trying to push cheap stuff on us either, they carry other big expensive brands too.

M

Mr Green

has any one used quantum digital ballests.. they have a dimmer switch.. they are pretty new so has anyone even heard any feed back on them :smoke

M

Midori

Im in the market for a digital ballast too, and alot of Lumatek customers were having problems, check on this forum.

My local hydro shops are stocking galaxy digital ballasts, not lumatek.... so that tells me something. They're not trying to push cheap stuff on us either, they carry other big expensive brands too.

nice info u got there:character0103:
hmmmm...
hidhut 0 point
galaxy and lumatek both 2 points atm...

Brothers :character0103:Please post more comment or feedbacks about the products...this will really help me and other farmers here...
has any one used quantum digital ballests.. they have a dimmer switch.. they are pretty new so has anyone even heard any feed back on them :smoke
not yet heard of that but nice question bro!:icon_cookie:

M

Mr Green

i hope to hear something about those quantum digital ballasts midori.. either from someone that has one or knows some feed back from someone they know has one.. :smoke

M

mato

I've been using 4 x Lumateks for the past 9 months and haven't had a single issue. What people where having problems with where all the previous models. In the new Revisions especially the ones that no longer have the Hydrofarm fittings, and have just a standard Sunsystem male port are great. I have one of those along with 2x the previous purple ones, plus one of the older blue ones.......I couldn't be happier......Like I said just make sure you at least get a blue one,,,,,but you ideally want the purple one.....You'll be so happy you got it......

K

kill-9

I've been using 4 x Lumateks for the past 9 months and haven't had a single issue. What people where having problems with where all the previous models. In the new Revisions especially the ones that no longer have the Hydrofarm fittings, and have just a standard Sunsystem male port are great. I have one of those along with 2x the previous purple ones, plus one of the older blue ones.......I couldn't be happier......Like I said just make sure you at least get a blue one,,,,,but you ideally want the purple one.....You'll be so happy you got it......

40ampstofreedo still had a plug melt on his purple lumatek

He has pictures to prove it on the thread.

Top Bottom