Help Me With Closed Loop

• Thread starter Plumkrazy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Plumkrazy420

Plumkrazy420

im haveing problems pushing gas through my close loop system it doesn’t matter what kind of gas is used I seam not to be able to push more than 3.5 lb through my 1 lb best value vacs closed loop system and I get a mediocre yeild less than 1oz i have a de wax sleeve and have filled and partially filled to see if that’s the problem I have used only flower broken up by hand not packed I have soaked and not soaked when I soak it sesames to bring up the yeild sone but not what is expected I use n butane or tri gas dosint seam to matter I’m am lost my quality is superb but quantity is garbage I can’t keep wasting flower like this! Please hep I heat my gas to try and push it with no luck how long of process does a run usually take mine is taking about 1 to 1.5 hours to push gas through a open blast if I don’t soak something I’m doing is horribley wrong I don’t have vacuum pump that will cycle gas but it is spark free? Any help is grateful! Plumkrazy420

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
im haveing problems pushing gas through my close loop system it doesn’t matter what kind of gas is used I seam not to be able to push more than 3.5 lb through my 1 lb best value vacs closed loop system and I get a mediocre yeild less than 1oz i have a de wax sleeve and have filled and partially filled to see if that’s the problem I have used only flower broken up by hand not packed I have soaked and not soaked when I soak it sesames to bring up the yeild sone but not what is expected I use n butane or tri gas dosint seam to matter I’m am lost my quality is superb but quantity is garbage I can’t keep wasting flower like this! Please hep I heat my gas to try and push it with no luck how long of process does a run usually take mine is taking about 1 to 1.5 hours to push gas through a open blast if I don’t soak something I’m doing is horribley wrong I don’t have vacuum pump that will cycle gas but it is spark free? Any help is grateful! Plumkrazy420
Dang man sorry to hear about your woes.
Let’s hope someone with more experienced then me chimes in!
Hang in there man! I run co2 commercially, so I haven’t played with the home versions at all

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

Would you mind providing us with a photo or drawing of your setup. It would help a great deal.
Thanks

S

stemznseedz

you want cold butane, colder material and even colder recovery. you need a temp difference from the solvent tank and the material column. then you need a temp difference from the material column to the recovery pot to get the butane to move on it's own.

you can put your butane (i'd use 5-6lbs at least) on dry ice for a little while, say 30 min then remove it right before you start. fill your dewax sleeve with dry ice to the very top and let it chill for like an hour. i like to pack mine the night before and store it in a deep freezer and still set it up when it's time to run and let it sit with dry ice for an hour. for the recovery put it in a 5 gal bucket and BURY it in dry ice up to the very top of the bucket......THE VERY TOP. don't go cheap on dry ice thats most likely your problem. add 2-4 quarts of 90% iso to the recovery bucket to bring it's temp down below that of the material column. start chilling recovery (dryice ice and iso) and material column (just dry ice) at the same time.

make sure your pulling a full vac on your system. have all valves between the recovery pot (where your vac is hooked up), the ball valve (if you have one after your material column) and the top cap of your material column are all wide open valves when you pull the vac so it's pulled all the way to the solvent tank.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
you want cold butane, colder material and even colder recovery. you need a temp difference from the solvent tank and the material column. then you need a temp difference from the material column to the recovery pot to get the butane to move on it's own.

you can put your butane (i'd use 5-6lbs at least) on dry ice for a little while, say 30 min then remove it right before you start. fill your dewax sleeve with dry ice to the very top and let it chill for like an hour. i like to pack mine the night before and store it in a deep freezer and still set it up when it's time to run and let it sit with dry ice for an hour. for the recovery put it in a 5 gal bucket and BURY it in dry ice up to the very top of the bucket......THE VERY TOP. don't go cheap on dry ice thats most likely your problem. add 2-4 quarts of 90% iso to the recovery bucket to bring it's temp down below that of the material column. start chilling recovery (dryice ice and iso) and material column (just dry ice) at the same time.

make sure your pulling a full vac on your system. have all valves between the recovery pot (where your vac is hooked up), the ball valve (if you have one after your material column) and the top cap of your material column are all wide open valves when you pull the vac so it's pulled all the way to the solvent tank.

Agree, Agree 100% Cold as cold can get. I too freeze my material column the night before. My process is pretty much identical to that of stemznseedz. My goal is snap shatter.

Regarding the dry ice. ask your vendor for "rice" vs pellets. You will find the rice goes into the column much, much easier. it allows for better/closer contact with the material column. Don't get the iso/dry ice mix on skin or cloths; it burns sticks like napalm and burns (freezing) like hell. I suggest a set of gloves that cover your wrist.

Upload 2019 3 4 17 36 48

I also mix rice and pellets in the recovery tub holding the butane recovery tank, again covering the ENTIRE tank as previously mentioned :cool:. To ensure that i have exact control of the water temp (100 F) that i put my recovery chamber into i use a sous heater. This creates that temp/pressure difference between the recover chamber and the butane recovery tank that allows your butane to move from the relative high pressure of the recovery chamber to the low pressure in the super cooled butane recovery tank.

Good Luck and Be Safe.... Process outside only!!!! Then come back and show us your finished product.

Dry Ice Pellets:
Upload 2019 3 4 17 35 16

This is my collection/recovery chamber sitting in the pot i use to hold the warm water.

Upload 2019 3 4 17 3 26

btw, do you have a vacuum chamber?

Last edited:
Top Bottom