Help! MOLD IN MY TENT!!!

• Thread starter WeEdMan77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WeEdMan77

WeEdMan77

Hey guys, I found some mold in my tent. I was spreading apart a bud and I saw some fuzziness in the middle. Game over? Or is there anything I can do? I thought about putting a heater in there and raising the temp past 90 and then making sure my humidity stays below 50%. Please help.

Anthem

Anthem

Hey guys, I found some mold in my tent. I was spreading apart a bud and I saw some fuzziness in the middle. Game over? Or is there anything I can do? I thought about putting a heater in there and raising the temp past 90 and then making sure my humidity stays below 50%. Please help.
I guess you could try raising the temperatures but 90 is too high IMO. Maybe 85 at the highest. In my experience once you see bud rot in the buds it is already around and it will strike here and there. Even if you lower the Humidity and raise the temperature but you might have better results.

WeEdMan77

WeEdMan77

Does this mean my entire grow is shot then? If I see mold then shouldn't I assume there are spores everywhere? Is there some way to kill the mold and safely remove it via bud wash? I had success with a bud wash on an outdoor grow before because of bugs is it possible for mold?

Anthem

Anthem

Does this mean my entire grow is shot then? If I see mold then shouldn't I assume there are spores everywhere? Is there some way to kill the mold and safely remove it via bud wash? I had success with a bud wash on an outdoor grow before because of bugs is it possible for mold?
Myself I would not trash the grow. When I have gotten bud rot in the past I would just remove the effected buds as the grow goes on. Once you see one usually more will come but you can help yourself by raising the humidity and temperature. Secondly, I have also had success with bud washing. In my case it was for PM but the same principles apply. I want to say I used Jorge C method from a you tube video. Basically, there are mold spores all around us. It takes the right environment for them to take hold but to be safe a wash and a good examination when you buck the buds off the stocks should get it covered.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Myself I would not trash the grow. When I have gotten bud rot in the past I would just remove the effected buds as the grow goes on. Once you see one usually more will come but you can help yourself by raising the humidity and temperature. Secondly, I have also had success with bud washing. In my case it was for PM but the same principles apply. I want to say I used Jorge C method from a you tube video. Basically, there are mold spores all around us. It takes the right environment for them to take hold but to be safe a wash and a good examination when you buck the buds off the stocks should get it covered.
Raising the humidity?

mancorn

mancorn

Imagine you’ve removed the effected bud already, but always a good idea to spray down the bud (hydrogen peroxide or even plain water) and then wrap it up in a plastic bag (or wet paper towels) so that while you’re removing the bud the spores won’t spread all over the place.

Ponky

Ponky

You should just let it go. Clean the tent. Or get a new one. Figure out what caused the mold.
When I get PM or fungus and have to do a clean:
New Air filters. Remove all debris and plants. Clean surfaces with hospital grade sanitizer. Or bleach. All surfaces. Then on the inside of the tent I use a spray bottle to wet everything down with hydrogen peroxide. Then I spray the fans and stuff with the peroxide. Not too much. I turn on the fans. I turn on the Ozone machine. (Carbon filters removed).
I do 30 minutes of Ozone. Vent. And when I go back in there a few hours later it smells as clean as a doctors office by a swimming pool. Usually fungus comes in sick clones. Or a ventilation failure.

zzzybil

zzzybil

dancing with game over imo ..... My lungs already don't like me...... salvage whats not ruined in my opinion cuz if its there PROLLY EVERYWHERE .......... been searching for a preventative solution ! pondering hydrogen peroxide ? Thinks you need a dehumifier in your tent ! for next time anyways ...... serious spray down of tent before then .......... Lost 3 in ground never ending RAIN .... !! No end of rain in sight ........Thinking my survivors are dOOmed........ PM got'm last summer .......freakin heart breaking ....... Chopped early to salvage last aug or sept ......bummer ....... tho made some nice pralines................good luck

WeEdMan77

WeEdMan77

You should just let it go. Clean the tent. Or get a new one. Figure out what caused the mold.
When I get PM or fungus and have to do a clean:
New Air filters. Remove all debris and plants. Clean surfaces with hospital grade sanitizer. Or bleach. All surfaces. Then on the inside of the tent I use a spray bottle to wet everything down with hydrogen peroxide. Then I spray the fans and stuff with the peroxide. Not too much. I turn on the fans. I turn on the Ozone machine. (Carbon filters removed).
I do 30 minutes of Ozone. Vent. And when I go back in there a few hours later it smells as clean as a doctors office by a swimming pool. Usually fungus comes in sick clones. Or a ventilation failure.
I caused it. I sprayed them with water and closed the tent - not to mention I stuffed six five gallon plants in a 4x4. I thought my 3 fans were moving enough air. I guess I just over did it. Live and learn. I could still take cutting from my outdoor plants that are in veg still and restart. I have bad luck flowering in my tent so far (I have only been growing for about four seasons now). I want to master light dep outdoor. I have some plants outside that I have been keeping in 24 hours of light via supplemental light. This is how I have gotten them big in the past. It's just this time I'm not sure when I should stop o that they flower at the right time.

Ponky

Ponky

I caused it. I sprayed them with water and closed the tent - not to mention I stuffed six five gallon plants in a 4x4. I thought my 3 fans were moving enough air. I guess I just over did it. Live and learn. I could still take cutting from my outdoor plants that are in veg still and restart. I have bad luck flowering in my tent so far (I have only been growing for about four seasons now). I want to master light dep outdoor. I have some plants outside that I have been keeping in 24 hours of light via supplemental light. This is how I have gotten them big in the past. It's just this time I'm not sure when I should stop o that they flower at the right time.
Well then you'll will be fine. Clean it well. Ozone. Good as new. Do not breathe the fog it makes. It's always better to have a smaller plant in the tent. It will still yield really well at 3 feet tall. I find less is more. Always defoliate and spray. Keep it clean.
Oh and a black light flashlight will make PM and all sorts of other fungus show up on your plants. So you can't catch any sick plants early.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Need constant airflow under over and in between for sure, if ever the tents crowded then defoliation/ training of some sort is in order to minimize micro climates and keep leaves from sweating on each other. Definitely something to chew on, it's a constant learning experience lol

WeEdMan77

WeEdMan77

Well then you'll will be fine. Clean it well. Ozone. Good as new. Do not breathe the fog it makes. It's always better to have a smaller plant in the tent. It will still yield really well at 3 feet tall. I find less is more. Always defoliate and spray. Keep it clean.
Oh and a black light flashlight will make PM and all sorts of other fungus show up on your plants. So you can't catch any sick plants early.
Ozone? Is this a product?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You need to assess how far the bud rot has gotten before throwing the entire crop away.

Remove any plant parts with rot. Check buds by tugging on fan leaves that are sticking out of them. If the leaf comes out easily, the bud has rot inside. If it's a giant cola, it does not mean the entire cola is rotten, necessarily. Then, reduce humidity and quit misting your plants like they're houseplants.

There are ALWAYS mold and other fungus spores. If they are given the right conditions, they will grow. Don't give them the right conditions.

Top Bottom