Help Moles!!

• Thread starter SmokeTUFF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokeTUFF

SmokeTUFF

i keep floloding these moles or mole around my garden but the keep coming back every night. today i found my clone completely knocked over and i think he is trying to make the plot his home.

when i feed my plants all the nutrients just wash right past my plants and into the mole hole..

what should i do? trap? poison (will this hurt my plants?) idk what route to take. i dont want to kill them but i will if necessary

moles are A-holes

thanks
SmokeTUFF

Help moles
Help moles 2
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

i keep floloding these moles or mole around my garden but the keep coming back every night. today i found my clone completely knocked over and i think he is trying to make the plot his home.

when i feed my plants all the nutrients just wash right past my plants and into the mole hole..

what should i do? trap? poison (will this hurt my plants?) idk what route to take. i dont want to kill them but i will if necessary

moles are A-holes

thanks
SmokeTUFF
Them things gonna eat up the rootball of plants, i would pull them out an put them in bigger pots until you can solve yur mole issue

SmokeTUFF

SmokeTUFF

Get some dogs, small dogs that are breed for hunting :D

i got three and they are all scared, my cats are tuffer lol.

Them things gonna eat up the rootball of plants, i would pull them out an put them in bigger pots until you can solve yur mole issue

i might do that in the more severe areas some are left alone..

gotta get rid of the grubs..trappin might work

i am getting a trap from a buddy tomorrow. im also going to try some poison worms

Sweeneys poison worms front
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Moles love earthworms also, not just grubs. The moles follow the earthworms and the earthworms follow the moisture level in soil. So if your ground is wet, the moles will be at ground level. Try keeping your watering to just the base of the plant.

velocity

velocity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullsnake

Keep an eye open for a bull or a gopher snake when out and about. Same snake differant name depending on region.

Not a killer snake with fangs. It will eat rattle snakes if they are around. They are constrictors eat moles, gophers, shrews, mice, rats. If can get a few relocated around the area of your plants when see a fresh tunnel just poke your finger into it so the snake can get in.

SmokeTUFF

SmokeTUFF

Thankyou for everyones responses and suggestions. I got the trap and I set it today so i will check tomorrow and see.

-smokeTUFF

this is the trap i got

Moles eat grubs and such, voles eat plant roots. I think it's important to properly identify your pest before taking action, no?

http://www.jcehrlich.com/blog/differences-between-moles-voles-and-shrews/

i got all 3 of those, my cats take care of the voles & shrews. but yes, #1 identify problem

Keep an eye open for a bull or a gopher snake when out and about. Same snake differant name depending on region.

Not a killer snake with fangs. It will eat rattle snakes if they are around. They are constrictors eat moles, gophers, shrews, mice, rats. If can get a few relocated around the area of your plants when see a fresh tunnel just poke your finger into it so the snake can get in.

i haven't seen any around here, just Gardner snakes. but i will keep my eyes peeled

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
i got three and they are all scared, my cats are tuffer lol.

ROFL I got 1 thats good at hunting Miniature pincher, Moles/Voles and any squirrles or chipmonks not fast enough have all suffered the same deathly fate that is my dogs little teeth.

Granted the little fucker has dug more holes in my yard then i care to admit, hes killed more of those fuckers then i could count.

Leaving me with 3 garden plots untouched 2 years in a row :D

SmokeTUFF

SmokeTUFF

gotta get rid of the grubs..trappin might work

ROFL I got 1 thats good at hunting Miniature pincher, Moles/Voles and any squirrles or chipmonks not fast enough have all suffered the same deathly fate that is my dogs little teeth.

Granted the little fucker has dug more holes in my yard then i care to admit, hes killed more of those fuckers then i could count.

Leaving me with 3 garden plots untouched 2 years in a row :D
I GOT EM!!

20160703 110353
20160703 110449
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

They have ultrasonic mole things you stick in the ground. Might work, I'm a fan of killing vs running off. Once an animal finds a food/living source, it's hard to rid unless killed off.

Drop some m80s in the hold and boooooom.

SmokeTUFF

SmokeTUFF

They have ultrasonic mole things you stick in the ground. Might work, I'm a fan of killing vs running off. Once an animal finds a food/living source, it's hard to rid unless killed off.

Drop some m80s in the hold and boooooom.

i saw this youtube video of people pumping gas into hole with and ignition source and blowing them up. id try it but i dont want to hurt my plants too much.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is totally reminding me of a guy I call Frank the Red (he's very red, from his hair to his skin to his affiliations, all shades of RED). He had a gopher problem. Got himself one of those 'gas 'em out' things. Filled 5 acres' worth of gopher holes with double the recommended amount.

It. Went. BOOM!

Apparently, Frank the Red literally blew up his whole property, from about a foot down on to the surface. I hear it was quite the explosion. And Frank turned even REDDER.

N

Nog

I GOT EM!!

So you think it's all right to kill an innocent animal over a plant?

We should be living in harmony with nature.

An animal is worth more than a plant, an animal feels pain, thinks, feels joy.

A plant does not think or feel, it is not much different from sand.

The moles were attracted to where you had your plants because you dug up the soil and made it loose.

You could have dug up an area of soil near your plants for them to make an alternative home.

What has happened now is I have put a curse on your plant, and now it's going to die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom