Help my droopy plant please

• Thread starter Mrganja420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrganja420

Mrganja420

Any suggestions as to why my plant is constantly droopy and tips of leaves are ever so slightly burnt? The leaves are dropping down but burnt tips look as if though they are pointing up? The plant is 5 weeks into veg
light is a 400w hps
Humidity averages between 50 and 70%
temps 17 low 27 high
Soil is plant magic plus
Have small fans for circulation and good ventilation
Watering every 3 days with 2.5-3 litres
Started adding 1ml of bio bizz fish mix to every 1 litre of water two feeds ago
93A4046B-DEC3-4D4B-A4A4-4C614E096CEA.jpeg
6EE060C2-B10F-4CBA-B82F-C57B832B7945.jpeg
92A02AF2-A0D4-4A93-A4CF-7037CBA9DB89.jpeg

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Any suggestions as to why my plant is constantly droopy and tips of leaves are ever so slightly burnt? The leaves are dropping down but burnt tips look as if though they are pointing up? The plant is 5 weeks into veg
light is a 400w hps
Humidity averages between 50 and 70%
temps 17 low 27 high
Soil is plant magic plus
Have small fans for circulation and good ventilation
Watering every 3 days with 2.5-3 litres
Started adding 1ml of bio bizz fish mix to every 1 litre of water two feeds ago
View attachment 1075940View attachment 1075941View attachment 1075939
Bio bizz is a great product...

With that said the fish mix shouldnt be used indoors...outdoors only.

Edit your soil looks wet as fuck. How long ago did you last water? Keep humidity around 55 to 60. Getting over 70 wont let the pot dry out...did you add drainage? Looks like you could have added 10 to 20% more perlite. Get the chunky stuff

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Looks like you were/might have been digging around i the soil? Just looks like you tilled the top inch or so with your fingers. Did you? If so dont. Use a fork and just till the top 1/4 inch of soil. Slowly and carefult drag the fork naturally across the surface with out disturbing the roots.. it kind of looks like a root is exposed...i could be seing things though...lol

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Thank you for the reply, why is that exactly? (1st timer here) also can you recommend anything more suitable for my set up?

Not sipure why. But i gather its got to do with there being more bacteria outside to break it down more effectively...it will cause yellowing it happened to me...trust me!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If you are using the while bio bizz line its water every third watering. Everytime you fertilize 20 to 30% runoff must be achieved

You dont want protanated nutes in your pot?..that will cause serious issues over time...protanated (before you ask) is just dead nutes with no electrical charge anymore..useless in other words!!e

Mrganja420

Mrganja420

Looks like you were/might have been digging around i the soil? Just looks like you tilled the top inch or so with your fingers. Did you? If so dont. Use a fork and just till the top 1/4 inch of soil. Slowly and carefult drag the fork naturally across the surface with out disturbing the roots.. it kind of looks like a root is exposed...i could be seing things though...lol
I dragged a bit of dry soil from edges with my fingers to cover a few exposed roots that had began to appear (lazy I know) I’ve covered the roots now with a bit of extra soil so that shouldn’t be a problem now, thanks for the advice

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I dragged a bit of dry soil from edges with my fingers to cover a few exposed roots that had began to appear (lazy I know) I’ve covered the roots now with a bit of extra soil so that shouldn’t be a problem now, thanks for the advice
A broken root is like you breaking a finger letting it go till an infection hits ya! Not good..lol

Mrganja420

Mrganja420

A broken root is like you breaking a finger letting it go till an infection hits ya! Not good..lol
In reply to your previous comment I watered about 5 minutes before the pictures were taken hence the soil being so wet! Probably should have figured out what my problem was before watering again in hindsight! I’ll lay off the nutrients over the next couple of feeds then basically?

Mrganja420

Mrganja420

Did this happen after you loosened the soil? Before?
I loosened the soil 5 mins before photo was taken so whatever problems I’m having have occurred over the last 3/4 days, as she was healthy up untill then
Edit I only got a bit of soil from the top at the very edges where there is no root growth, I moved it to surround around the base of the main stem as when I watered some of the dry soil washed away exposing a few roots

Last edited:
Mrganja420

Mrganja420

I loosened the soil 5 mins before photo was taken so whatever problems I’m having have occurred over the last 3/4 days, as she was healthy up untill then
So you loosened the soil and it drooped?
No I loosened the soil less than an hour ago and have been having these problems for 3/4 days! Im 99% sure the moving of soil isn’t the cause of my problems

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Let it dry like tripps said. Get bio grow and bloom with top max from biobizz....out with the fish mix. Use it outdoors only....you are obviously overwatered.

How big is your pot? 5 10 gal

PK1

PK1

Supporter
droopy leaves indicates overwatering or underwatering.
3 litter is not overwatering, but depending on how you watered it, because IMO in your stage is under watering?!?
You shouldn't have to water every 3 days. that just tells me your watering method is wrong, because it doesn't look like you have added perlite.

Allow the soil to dry up. Funny enough cannabis plants like to be on the dryer side VS the wet/moist soil
When you pick up the pot it should be super light and touch the bottom of the pot. This is how you know if you should water or not.
The light drys the soil from top and the first few inches dries in few days. That does not mean you need to water!

When you 100% sure your soil is dry and the bottom of the fabric is dry then you can water.

How to water a potted plant?
I use a milk jug = 1 Gallon/3.7L
I visualize and divide the gallon in 4 quarts. In a circular shape you want to water the outside ring close to the fabric pot.
after 15 minutes brake i water the same outside ring with another quart. Notice how the water penetration is now a lot faster and the fabric pot is getting wet. The soil should also sink leaving the plant at a higher level. Another 15 min break is taken after the 2nd watering. I smoke a joint.
You now have feed half a gallon to the outside ring. The 3rd and final quarter you want to water inside the ring you just created. Now you notice that the soil sinks to the bottom taking air and the plant with it.

If you notice roots are showing from top, then drop some more soil on top of the roots. This happen because you've dumped a lot of water on top of the soil and the soil has sank exposing the top roots. Why top roots, because you've been watering the wrong way and majority of your roots are on top.

You want the bottom of the fabric pot to be moist. this way when the top dries the roots will go searching to the bottom where the moist area is. Also, get something under the fabric pot so air can circulate at the bottom.
Root rot happens when the roots don't get access to air and by touching the bottom of the pot and getting a feeling on how heavy it is, you will always be safe to know that your soil is on the dryer side and that you are not overwatering.

Hope that helps 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom