HELP!!! MY PHOTOPERIODS WON'T FLOWER AFTER FLIPPING FROM 18/6 to 12/12

• Thread starter SanticaGardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

So guys after 6 weeks of Veg I have flipped my Photoperiods from a 18/6 to 12/12 light cycle, this is my 4th time running Photoperiods and never had this issue, normally I see stretched growth pretty much straight away & never had issues with Barney's Farm seeds..... But for some reason these ladies that I currently have running don't seem to want to flower.... Well to me they don't look like they are flowering!

Growing in Coco coir using Shogun Samurai nutrients, using bloom stage also..... 23 degrees day time temp, night time around 20,humidity 50 - 55% RH................ Don't know what else to say, well it's my 1st time using the MARS HYDRO FC 4800, recently brought so this is my 1st grow with this light.

Thanks

soccernut

soccernut

can take anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks to flower depending on the strain even if there from seed may be a good thing theyflower late males can show up to 2 weeks sooner than females

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

6 Days si
How many days since you flipped?
[/QUOTE

6 days since I flipped. On previous Photoperiods that I ran I normally saw the stretching pretty much straight away, this time nothing, no more growth at all.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

I had some this grow that didnt start till day 14 and day 19 .

I dont think theres anything to worry about. đź‘Ť
Thanks man, really appreciate it, I've only been growing for 10 months and this is the 1st time I've had this delay with Photoperiods, but I will see how they get on in the next few weeks.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Give it time all strains are different have fun n relax .
I understand that but I'm running different strains from different breeders!

x1 Purple Punch by Barney's Farm
x1 Wedding Cake by Barney's Farm
x2 Brain Damage by Growers Choice

But then again they could all start flowering on different days....... Just a 1st for me that's all. And I've only been growing for 10 months and I have 4 tents.... I guess I still have alot to experience.

Madmax

Madmax

Ive just grew out 4 barneys purple punch..they started budding on day 14..was only vegged 4 weeks five days...very frosty grapey aroma..

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Ive just grew out 4 barneys purple punch..they started budding on day 14..was only vegged 4 weeks five days...very frosty grapey aroma..

But did you see stretching at the start? I've always seen the stretching in growth in Flower..... I know they won't start budding yet but at least see some stretching of growth.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Yeah guys I think you all misunderstood my question, my plants are not stretching like their supposed to during flowering stage. I did post a video... I know they won't start budding yet but aren't you supposed to see an incredible amount of growth in the flowering stage???

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Give it time all strains are different have fun n relax .

Bro my plants seem like they haven't entered the flowering stage, they haven't grown an inch since I flipped them......... I've grown Photoperiods before and I'm sure your supposed to see alot of growth in Flower?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Try increasing your daytime temperatures to 25 - 30. If you get it near 30, your growth will just about double.

They look perfectly healthy, they're just too cold to develop at a normal rate. This happened to a friend when she made the change to LEDs — her plants wouldn't flower without more heat.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i dont know, but maybe it is something you did or are doing. all 4 reacting the same and all different, seems odd they would all do it.

why 24 hours of dark prior to the 12/12? what does that do for them?

(oh wow, i finally see the dog in my dog fur! like a curled golden lab! lol, now i get it!!!)

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Try increasing your daytime temperatures to 25 - 30. If you get it near 30, your growth will just about double.

They look perfectly healthy, they're just too cold to develop at a normal rate. This happened to a friend when she made the change to LEDs — her plants wouldn't flower without more heat.
OK will give that a go and see what happens in the next few days. Thanks for the Advice 👍🏾

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

i dont know, but maybe it is something you did or are doing. all 4 reacting the same and all different, seems odd they would all do it.

why 24 hours of dark prior to the 12/12? what does that do for them?

(oh wow, i finally see the dog in my dog fur! like a curled golden lab! lol, now i get it!!!)
Well the only reason I leave them in 24 hours of darkness is because they say that helps induce the plants into flower? Not sure how right that is but it's what I've seen other growers do while I was learning.

growsince79

growsince79

So guys after 6 weeks of Veg I have flipped my Photoperiods from a 18/6 to 12/12 light cycle, this is my 4th time running Photoperiods and never had this issue, normally I see stretched growth pretty much straight away & never had issues with Barney's Farm seeds..... But for some reason these ladies that I currently have running don't seem to want to flower.... Well to me they don't look like they are flowering!

Growing in Coco coir using Shogun Samurai nutrients, using bloom stage also..... 23 degrees day time temp, night time around 20,humidity 50 - 55% RH................ Don't know what else to say, well it's my 1st time using the MARS HYDRO FC 4800, recently brought so this is my 1st grow with this light.

Thanks
Looks like they need more light. 30-40k should be about right.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Looks like they need more light. 30-40k should be about right.
It is my 1st time using this light, got it on 75% atm.... Will probably turn it up to 85 and see how I get on it the few days. I have other Mars Hydro lights and an Optic LED..... 1st time having this issue.

Top Bottom