Help!!! Need assistance with identifying seedling problem!! New grower!!

• Thread starter Bashka196
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashka196

Bashka196

Hi there,

Need help with identifying the problem with my plants. I’m just not sure if I’m over paranoid or if things are really going south.I am a new grower and just started my first grow. I had 4 autoflower plants growing in 3 gal smart pots in 3x3x6 grow tent under 600W Viparspectra LED Light. Growing in coco, with about 20% perlite and used Gaia Green as a fertilizer mixed with coco. Light is about 44 inch away from the plants, and is at its maximum height. It’s been 11 days since I planted first 2 germinated seeds in the pots, and I have attached pictures of my 2 plants that I have so far. Other two seeds were planted later (3rd died due to negligence, and 4th is on its 5th day after being planted into the pot.

I have attached pictures of my first two plants, they look really light green at the top and I’m afraid there might be something wrong with them and need help identifying the issue. climate conditions are what seems to be perfect, 60% humidity and 25 degrees during the day and 21-22 at night.

would really appreciate any help!

Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower
Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower 2
Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower 3
Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower 4
Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower 5
Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower 6
Help need assistance with identifying seedling problem new grower 7
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi there,

Need help with identifying the problem with my plants. I’m just not sure if I’m over paranoid or if things are really going south.I am a new grower and just started my first grow. I had 4 autoflower plants growing in 3 gal smart pots in 3x3x6 grow tent under 600W Viparspectra LED Light. Growing in coco, with about 20% perlite and used Gaia Green as a fertilizer mixed with coco. Light is about 44 inch away from the plants, and is at its maximum height. It’s been 11 days since I planted first 2 germinated seeds in the pots, and I have attached pictures of my 2 plants that I have so far. Other two seeds were planted later (3rd died due to negligence, and 4th is on its 5th day after being planted into the pot.

I have attached pictures of my first two plants, they look really light green at the top and I’m afraid there might be something wrong with them and need help identifying the issue. climate conditions are what seems to be perfect, 60% humidity and 25 degrees during the day and 21-22 at night.

would really appreciate any help!
Hi it’s better for us to see without the led light I think by there look there doing fine just be patient with them . Regards Od welcome to the farm .

Bashka196

Bashka196

Hi it’s better for us to see without the led light I think by there look there doing fine just be patient with them . Regards Od welcome to the farm .
Thank you man. I will take a picture without led tomorrow and resend it. Would appreciate your help.
I’m not using any nutes except gaia green that was mixed in coco, could this be a problem?

also I moved a light up 2 days ago to 44inch, before it was set at 40. They seemed to be stretching for the light now, but I’m not sure if you can see it in the pics?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’m not a led user as yet but I think come down to 36” for a few days see if they slow up the Etiolating (stretching) , if not maybe 24” above them , I’m sure there’s going to be a LED wizz on here that will shed more light on effects of LEDs , ,

Bashka196

Bashka196

I’m not a led user as yet but I think come down to 36” for a few days see if they slow up the Etiolating (stretching) , if not maybe 24” above them , I’m sure there’s going to be a LED wizz on here that will shed more light on effects of LEDs , ,
Here is soma pictures I took without LED’s under a day light. Do they look burnt to you or am I just paranoied?

976B4BA9 F6A5 42E9 AAFA E5D4DBBF93FE
6050F87A D4A6 4E08 87A1 98C486CE8CAF
0B93CB06 A15E 4E85 8502 6F9F6CF8F0D1
6BB0971A A6A4 44B1 86AF 13C35EB0D1C7
D170ABAF 0866 4203 9835 DEAD6C8A69B3
AF26DC89 C647 4DC0 B940 1C0085892E68
88652927 33AA 4718 80C2 086C162D1841
5C418925 E359 4853 9D22 3A9D95096442
C39DEF27 9A1E 47A5 9BFD 3B13625E7B80
2DECF652 CB74 4222 9F6E BED2981A2CF0
7B51BF1D 5EC1 46C8 8818 26D429381DCA
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
You can definitely get the light to roughly 24-28 inches above them. Will help with stretching and in a few weeks lower it to roughly 18 inches

Bashka196

Bashka196

You can definitely get the light to roughly 24-28 inches above them. Will help with stretching and in a few weeks lower it to roughly 18 inches
Thank you Sir! What do you think about light discolouration in the leaves? Does it look fine to you or do you think I might have an issue? Could this be a sign of issues with under watering or over watering?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Thank you Sir! What do you think about light discolouration in the leaves? Does it look fine to you or do you think I might have an issue? Could this be a sign of issues with under watering or over watering?

This early I'm always very hesitant in giving a prognosis as, honestly, there isn't much you'd want to do anyways since they're so young and fragile. Just keep us posted 👌

Bashka196

Bashka196

This early I'm always very hesitant in giving a prognosis as, honestly, there isn't much you'd want to do anyways since they're so young and fragile. Just keep us posted 👌
Sounds good, thank you guys! I will lower the light today and see how they respond. The reason I was hesitant to lower it was the discolouration on the leaves that looked like light burn to me, but I guess it’s not

Dan789

Dan789

Think those leaves are fine, most new growth has a bit of lighter coloring initially at the center. What's the volume of those bags, you've got your seedlings in? (just went back in the thread and checked 3 Gallon) Water/both under and over is a thing for seedlings, just keep that under control. I like solo cups for this stage, as then I can see the roots (poking out of the bottom holes) when it's time to up pot to a larger volume growing environment...Also gives the grower the chance to place baggies over the tops to help retain more humidity while in this stage...noting with Coco watering has to happen more often, but good luck just the same.

Bashka196

Bashka196

Think those leaves are fine, most new growth has a bit of lighter coloring initially at the center. What's the volume of those bags, you've got your seedlings in? (just went back in the thread and checked 3 Gallon) Water/both under and over is a thing for seedlings, just keep that under control. I like solo cups for this stage, as then I can see the roots (poking out of the bottom holes) when it's time to up pot to a larger volume growing environment...Also gives the grower the chance to place baggies over the tops to help retain more humidity while in this stage...noting with Coco watering has to happen more often, but good luck just the same.
Thank you man. I have put dome lids on them 3 days ago, to give them more humidity. I started them in the final pots based on the recommendations I read for growing Autoflowers. I only have used slow release Gaia Green 4-4-4 organic fertilizer that was initially mixed with coco and I wonder if it could be causing the problems? Do you think I need to use Cal Mag supplements as well for the healthy growth?

Dan789

Dan789

No experience with coco, so not the best source to answer that question. As a new grower I'd choose a combined supplement regimen and just use that.

Bashka196

Bashka196

No experience with coco, so not the best source to answer that question. As a new grower I'd choose a combined supplement regimen and just use that.
Thank you man. Just went and bought calmag, guy in the store said he had the same issue with his seedlings in coco with appeared to be cal Mag deficiency. I mixed half of what is recommended by the manufacturer and watered one of my plants to test it. Will let you know how it goes.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes if in Coco perlite mix Cal mag every feed all the rest of the answers that the other growers have given are very good got to love this community.

Bashka196

Bashka196

Yes if in Coco perlite mix Cal mag every feed all the rest of the answers that the other growers have given are very good got to love this community.
Thanks man! I agree, people here are awesome and very helpful! Thank you all guys!

do you think I should be feeding calmag with every watering at full strength?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks man! I agree, people here are awesome and very helpful! Thank you all guys!

do you think I should be feeding calmag with every watering at full strength?
1/2 strength is good start then bring it up to the full amount I think is a good way to proceed od .

Bashka196

Bashka196

1/2 strength is good start then bring it up to the full amount I think is a good way to proceed od .
Thank you again! This what I’ll do, will water with Cal Mag half strength for 3-4 days and then will go full speed:)

Will keep you up to date on the progress!

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
New grower myself, so I can’t give too much advice, but what kind of coco? Was it the brick type? Did you buffer your coco with calmag before using? I would definitely add at least half recommended dose of calmag with every feeding

Bashka196

Bashka196

New grower myself, so I can’t give too much advice, but what kind of coco? Was it the brick type? Did you buffer your coco with calmag before using? I would definitely add at least half recommended dose of calmag with every feeding
Hey man and welcome! Let’s explore this together lol
I’m using MoKoko coco substrate and I didn’t do anything with it except adding slow release Gaia Green 4-4-4 organic fertilizer.
I will now be feeding 1/2 a dose with every watering to see how things go.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Hey man and welcome! Let’s explore this together lol
I’m using MoKoko coco substrate and I didn’t do anything with it except adding slow release Gaia Green 4-4-4 organic fertilizer.
I will now be feeding 1/2 a dose with every watering to see how things go.

Thanks man. I looked that up and it says it’s pre buffered so you’re good on that. I bought a cheap brick and buffered myself. I’ll be following you’re grow bro, I know you’ll do fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom