HELP need tips on lowering humidity and temps

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sanji

Hey everyone, I live in Australia and I'm a first time grower, plants just started to flower and ever since I started growing I've had issues with humidity and temperature,

The room my tent is in can reach up to 90% humidity, I purchased a relatively expensive dehumidifier, it was rated for a room 2x - 3x the size of the room it's in and I can't get the humidity below 60% on a good day.

Now in saying this, one bad consequence the dehumidifier has had is it runs up the temperature in the room, so as a result my tent is sitting at 65% humidity and 28-30c(82-86f) temps, during the day when lights are off I dont run the dehumidifier to try and save on electricity as it's quite expensive to run and humidity will go back to 70%+.

I really need some good ideas here as I am stumped on what to do, using a VPD chart it says I am close to the danger zone with these readings, almost no transpiration and risk of disease.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Billymgb

Billymgb

you need an exhaust fan, put a carbon filter on the end in the tent. That keeps the smell down out side the tent. I have a dehumidifier also and a 6 inch exhaust. You can buy one that you set the high temp and humidity, it will come on and lower temp and humidity. Also where ever you have the hole for intake air you should have a filter. Like a small 12 inch x 12 inch house central air condition filter. Good luck my friend.

S

Sanji

you need an exhaust fan, put a carbon filter on the end in the tent. That keeps the smell down out side the tent. I have a dehumidifier also and a 6 inch exhaust. You can buy one that you set the high temp and humidity, it will come on and lower temp and humidity. Also where ever you have the hole for intake air you should have a filter. Like a small 12 inch x 12 inch house central air condition filter. Good luck my friend.
Sorry I should have noted, I have an exhaust fan with a carbon filter and also an oscillating fan.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
is it possible to exchange air in your "room" with fresh air?

Billymgb

Billymgb

There is a couple things, You could try adding another exhaust fan, or AC. I know for me AC is not in the budget right now. Lol. Other than that I'm stumped too.

S

Sanji

There is a couple things, You could try adding another exhaust fan, or AC. I know for me AC is not in the budget right now. Lol. Other than that I'm stumped too.
Yeah running a dehumidifier and an ac unit will send the electricity bill through the roof, I'm hoping i can make it through flower under these conditions.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
forgot to ask, you are running your lights when its dark and cooler outside?

jj

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

This is a little comical, in that, once legalization happened here in the USA state I am in, I was trimming my plants out on my front porch, let the smell fill my house up..(I love the smell myself,)
Hey everyone, I live in Australia and I'm a first time grower, plants just started to flower and ever since I started growing I've had issues with humidity and temperature,

The room my tent is in can reach up to 90% humidity, I purchased a relatively expensive dehumidifier, it was rated for a room 2x - 3x the size of the room it's in and I can't get the humidity below 60% on a good day.

Now in saying this, one bad consequence the dehumidifier has had is it runs up the temperature in the room, so as a result my tent is sitting at 65% humidity and 28-30c(82-86f) temps, during the day when lights are off I dont run the dehumidifier to try and save on electricity as it's quite expensive to run and humidity will go back to 70%+.

I really need some good ideas here as I am stumped on what to do, using a VPD chart it says I am close to the danger zone with these readings, almost no transpiration and risk of disease.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

I always forget the legal status of stuff in Australia. Really wished they would relax though, Australia is like, the greatest place on the planet for weed. You guys are smack dab in the middle of all the different biomes that the worlds best strains grow in.

Australia in some ways should be the worlds breeding hub..

S

Sanji

This is a little comical, in that, once legalization happened here in the USA state I am in, I was trimming my plants out on my front porch, let the smell fill my house up..(I love the smell myself,)

I always forget the legal status of stuff in Australia. Really wished they would relax though, Australia is like, the greatest place on the planet for weed. You guys are smack dab in the middle of all the different biomes that the worlds best strains grow in.

Australia in some ways should be the worlds breeding hub..
I totally agree man the laws are ridiculous, but recently our countries capital state, canberra ACT decriminalised cannabis allowing you to grow 2 plants and carry a certain amount of cannabis for recreational use, BUT that is state law not federal law which is where things get a little complicated, but it's a step in the right direction, I am hoping the rest of the country follows suit.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I totally agree man the laws are ridiculous, but recently our countries capital state, canberra ACT decriminalised cannabis allowing you to grow 2 plants and carry a certain amount of cannabis for recreational use, BUT that is state law not federal law which is where things get a little complicated, but it's a step in the right direction, I am hoping the rest of the country follows suit.

Can you guys still get Thai stick and the like?

Does that even exist anymore?

S

Sanji

Can you guys still get Thai stick and the like?

Does that even exist anymore?
Honestly man I'm not too sure if I have ever had it personally but I know msnl sells seeds, I believe it was super popular in the 80's but that was a bit before my time

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Honestly man I'm not too sure if I have ever had it personally but I know msnl sells seeds, I believe it was super popular in the 80's but that was a bit before my time
"Back in 'nam" (I wasn't there personally, but, my friend was for 3 tours), has told me a few times about getting "weed, tied to a stick, dipped/rubbed in hash oil, or in opium oil."

He'd buy it by the stick. A bundle of 5 would be $50(I think he said).

S

Sanji

"Back in 'nam" (I wasn't there personally, but, my friend was for 3 tours), has told me a few times about getting "weed, tied to a stick, dipped/rubbed in hash oil, or in opium oil."
Ohhh you mean those weed cigar type things, yeah I've never had one of those aha but I remember seeing something about them a little while back

Latest posts

Top Bottom