Help needed ASAP!!!! What am I doing wrong???

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

So iv tried one round of cuttings already. Slowly turned a yellowy green colour. Went droopy and growth was very slow. Hardly any root growth

In. Dwc btw

Bought a second batch of 4 clines to try again. Same issues seem to. Be. Happening. Leaves turning slightly yellow green and droopy. Not too bad yet but I. Know if I. Don't correct it. They will die. Any advice please help.. Much appreciated!!!

Help needed asap what am i doing wrong
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 2
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 3
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 4
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 5
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 6
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 7
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 8
Help needed asap what am i doing wrong 9
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

They are air line tubes connected to air stones.

I'm using general hydro nutes

3 ml micro
3ml grow
3ml bloom
2.5ml orca
5ml silica
3ml katana roots
Also use neutralise dechlorinator for water

Room temp and humidity
Temp. Between 72-78
Rh 70-80%

Light hanging 30inch above on about 30%

1 is showing 2 root strands out bottom. The rest are yet to show but they are rooted just not out bottom yet. Weirdly the 1 showing is the 1 that looks the worst.

Ph between 5.5-5.9

15l of water in each bucket
I currently have the water level like half inch into the net pots so I know they have access to water. First round I tried I had the water inch or 2 below and I was pouring small amounts from the top. I was getting a lot of white residue on pebbles so I decided to not do that this time but they are getting water from the actual bucket.

They all near eniff died last time so I started again trying to get it right this time but they are showing very similar signs. Yellowing leaves and drooping slightly so I don't. Know where I'm. Going wrong!

I purchased the clones 3 days ago

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

That 3ml/l nutes sounds pretty high on cuttings but never used that brand so i dont know that. i use canna and its 2ml/l in veg and i start with 1ml/l when i put seedlings in nft.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

That 3ml/l nutes sounds pretty high on cuttings but never used that brand so i dont know that. i use canna and its 2ml/l in veg and i start with 1ml/l when i put seedlings in nft.
I think I went at roughly 50% of what the label said for that stage.

Not to say u aren't right perhaps it is a bit too much

I think It says 0.5ml for every litre and I have a 15l res in each bucket. So that would be 7.5ml. I thought 3 ml would be ok

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Not that this helps much but looking at pictures. It seems it could be magnesium, sulfur, or nitrogen deficiency. Possibly....

Anybody seen similar. Just. Going off pictures so I might be wrong.

Just baffled atm

Observationist

Observationist

I think I went at roughly 50% of what the label said for that stage.

Not to say u aren't right perhaps it is a bit too much

I think It says 0.5ml for every litre and I have a 15l res in each bucket. So that would be 7.5ml. I thought 3 ml would be ok
Go by ppm

clones need little ppm, 100-400.

Again, I have not grown this way, I just know process of elimination and always start with PH because that directly affects what nutrients are being consumed.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Cloning is an art form in itself. You need to get on youtube and watch a few videos on hydroponic cloning.
I loose more clones than I end up growing but I have managed a few successes.
Maybe try pool noodle rather than rock.

Observationist

Observationist

Cloning is an art form in itself. You need to get on youtube and watch a few videos on hydroponic cloning.
I loose more clones than I end up growing but I have managed a few successes.
Maybe try pool noodle rather than rock.
Cloning can be a bitch at first, a very simple way is coco coir with California cup style, google will explain

A 100% Method is basically impossible but…

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Grow in soil as a new grower. I think you get a better understanding as a new grower by growing in soil because it’s more forgiving. You learn proper watering cycles, wet/dry cycles, excess/deficiencies. How to properly water until run off to prevent buildup and lockout. So much to learn. Can’t help here as I’ve never grown dwc. Good luck and happy grows.
Burnz

PK1

PK1

Supporter
They are air line tubes connected to air stones.

I'm using general hydro nutes

3 ml micro
3ml grow
3ml bloom
2.5ml orca
5ml silica
3ml katana roots
Also use neutralise dechlorinator for water

Room temp and humidity
Temp. Between 72-78
Rh 70-80%

Light hanging 30inch above on about 30%

1 is showing 2 root strands out bottom. The rest are yet to show but they are rooted just not out bottom yet. Weirdly the 1 showing is the 1 that looks the worst.

Ph between 5.5-5.9

15l of water in each bucket
I currently have the water level like half inch into the net pots so I know they have access to water. First round I tried I had the water inch or 2 below and I was pouring small amounts from the top. I was getting a lot of white residue on pebbles so I decided to not do that this time but they are getting water from the actual bucket.

They all near eniff died last time so I started again trying to get it right this time but they are showing very similar signs. Yellowing leaves and drooping slightly so I don't. Know where I'm. Going wrong!

I purchased the clones 3 days ago
Ok, remove some water so that it is under your net pot, than start hand feeding until roots come out of the net pot and hit the water level. This allows the roots to develop further. The gap between the water level which is under the net pot and to top of the pebbles should have enough moisture to keep roots healthy.

What is your ec/ppm at?
fix your temps to 26c/80f and that should lower your humidity. However, keep RH around 60%

Observationist

Observationist

Ok, remove some water so that it is under your net pot, than start hand feeding until roots come out of the net pot and hit the water level. This allows the roots to develop further. The gap between the water level which is under the net pot and to top of the pebbles should have enough moisture to keep roots healthy.

What is your ec/ppm at?
fix your temps to 26c/80f and that should lower your humidity. However, keep RH around 60%
clones might even need higher RH 70-90%
just cant ago above 80F or rootrot/bacteria can occur ?

Observationist

Observationist

he said their rooted hence why the water level is higher so he is certain that its getting water.
ohhh right gotcha. makes since for the lower RH if they can drink water via roots.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Pour feed solution through the topside. You don't have enough roots yet. Make sure there's clearance between solution and the net basket. Shouldn't be touching at all. Free space. Pour feeds through several times a day until roots hit the soup in numbers.
OK. How much should I pour over the top each time?

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Go by ppm

clones need little ppm, 100-400.

Again, I have not grown this way, I just know process of elimination and always start with PH because that directly affects what nutrients are being consumed.
Ph is good and ppm was roughly 300

Top Bottom