Help needed identifying pest/disease

• Thread starter Cunnybunny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cunnybunny

Cunnybunny

Been struggling with this pest the whole grow, use mavrik/pyrethrum when needed but it’s becoming annoying, any help would be appreciated

Help needed identifying pestdisease
Help needed identifying pestdisease 2
Help needed identifying pestdisease 3
Help needed identifying pestdisease 4
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Can we get underside leaves pics under good clear light

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man they loaded but is it thrips or is it russets. Lemme look further and get back to u

Vagician

Vagician

Man they loaded but is it thrips or is it russets. Lemme look further and get back to u

Russets are way too small to see without magnification. Thrips are much faster and can be seen with the naked eye.

cottageman

cottageman

The thrips I’ve had before are cigar shaped and small but you should definitely be able to spot them with the naked eye it does look like russet mites or thrips from what I can tell in the pics

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Definite bugs, looks too big to be spider mites. A Pyrethrin based fogger works well (flea bomb) and degrades quickly. If not too far into flowering, it will get rid of most bugs. There is also a mosquito coil that also contains pyrethins... they sell them for camping and stuff. Burning one with the fans off will dose the plants and everything else without leaving residue. I know there are some homemade pepper based recipes on here, but capsacin doesn't always break down and it can be very irritating if you don't get rid of any residue.
My last grow included some clones that someone gave me... it also included the spider mites that were living on them as well. It was difficult to get rid of them totally once they are established. I have learned to make sure all new plants go thru a de-bug process using a few different methods. It's a LOT easier to prevent them than to try to wipe them out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom