Help needed not watered for 3 days

• Thread starter Redman2185
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Redman2185

Hi please can sombody help me, i havent watered since friday, this looked like overwatering to me(been top watering) the cutts have been potted for 5 days now.

would anybody recomend running Florakleen or Calmag through to give them a flush. 3 lights running at 200w over 12 pots no burning when i put my hand under.

R

Redman2185

Next time put them into cups, get them established then pot them up to those pots. What’s with the air line going into the pots?

just for the air domes in the bottom of the buckets.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hi yeah these were clones. I have been top watering. But switched to auto pot this morning. They dont look that bad, the lights are off at the min until 19:00 I’ll send more pics later on.
ok so how long ago did you put them in the coco

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

just my opinion,but the whole idea behind coco is to exchange air often,meaning the pots stay wet or moist,you can really over water it i dont think,yes it will be wet all the time,thats were increased feeding exchange the air and flush the salts,i was feeding 4 times a day,i made my nutes for the whole day,not say 500 ppm fresh mix every time,i made a 5 gal bucket full,ph and ppm then feed was from that one bucket,some do the ph and ppm at 500 4 to 5 times a day,thats force feeding and salts will build,seems like same thing but not,i only had the 500 mixed for the whole day,do you get what im saying

R

Redman2185

just my opinion,but the whole idea behind coco is to exchange air often,meaning the pots stay wet or moist,you can really over water it i dont think,yes it will be wet all the time,thats were increased feeding exchange the air and flush the salts,i was feeding 4 times a day,i made my nutes for the whole day,not say 500 ppm fresh mix every time,i made a 5 gal bucket full,ph and ppm then feed was from that one bucket,some do the ph and ppm at 500 4 to 5 times a day,thats force feeding and salts will build,seems like same thing but not,i only had the 500 mixed for the whole day,do you get what im saying

hi yeah I’ve got the resivour filled with the nuetsmix now and it’s on auto feed.
It’s only the top what looks dry, they have only been in the coco for 5days I’ve lost a couple but hopefully these ones will come through. Do they look dead to you?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Ugh! What coco did you put them in and what do you mean it’s on auto feed? Does it feed from the bottom?
You are going to fail miserably if you don’t get roots soon. A lot of people don’t understand that you can’t just water anytime in coco until you have roots established.
You are goi g to end up with compacted coco and then the root rot will hit if they even make it that far.

R

Redman2185

Ugh! What coco did you put them in and what do you mean it’s on auto feed? Does it feed from the bottom?
You are going to fail miserably if you don’t get roots soon. A lot of people don’t understand that you can’t just water anytime in coco until you have roots established.
You are goi g to end up with compacted coco and then the root rot will hit if they even make it that far.

yes mate fed from the bottom. Why will the coco compact? I have stopped top watering.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
yes mate fed from the bottom. Why will the coco compact? I have stopped top watering.
Your going to run into all kinds of problems bottom feeding coco. Top feed drain to waste is the way to go.
Bottom feeding is going to make the top to dry and the bottom too wet.
You should have had your plants established before potting them up like these.
B117EFDA 7FCF 46A0 A0EC 4EAE7C4621D2
855D50F7 153A 4177 A111 FAB2D76421DD

I’ve been growing two rooms in coco for ten years, if you want success do top feed drain to waist after established. I can water these cups whenever I want now the roots are there.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Your going to run into all kinds of problems bottom feeding coco. Top feed drain to waste is the way to go.
Bottom feeding is going to make the top to dry and the bottom too wet.
You should have had your plants established before potting them up like these.View attachment 901413View attachment 901414
I’ve been growing two rooms in coco for ten years, if you want success do top feed drain to waist after established. I can water these cups whenever I want now the roots are there.
only way to go in coco imo

Top Bottom