help needed on Dripper design please

• Thread starter LonDanZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LonDanZ

Hi all

i normally grow just handwaterin coco pots and this has been great but id like to evolve onto a dripper design but im unsure where to start;(

Iv already got the pots and trays so id like to utilise these.

Basically id like to build a dripper system capable of feeding 35 plants. id like it to be run to waste not recirculating and in coco medium.

i use 6.5 ltr pots vegging to 12" then flipping to flower.

All help and advice greatly appreciated

J

Jalisco Kid

Buy some rainbird manifolds,1/4" lines,(cut equal length), no emitters, and do it. JK
Just do it!

U

ugmjfarmer

Yeah rain drip stuff is ok. Pump recommendation is over 250gph. Like 300 or better for anything that is pressure compensating.

I just ran 1/8" line to each plant site and poked the hole right in 1/2" vinyl. Drip stake to hold the line, and i just run fluid into my rockwool "towers" of 4x4" cubes on top of 6x6 pots of loose rockwool. Its running good without issue. Go for more flow than you need, trust me.

sour power

sour power

a nice and easy diy would be nice.im not sure of this also.

J

Jalisco Kid

These are the best manifolds I have found.Easy to clean. Just throw the filter away and just let it flow free. JK

L

LonDanZ

When i run the water supply to the plant sites do i have to do it in a 'ring' ? i have heard if i do it in just 1 run with the dripper feeds coming off that i get different pressure at different sites? is this true?

also

do the drippers block alot? friends keep putting me off with tales of blockages every other day?

J

Jalisco Kid

You do want even pressure in your lines, also to have your drip tubes same length. I use a sea strainer to keep my lines clean. You buy the right pump and filter you should have no problems.JK

J

Jalisco Kid

No you need equal pressure,could be a circle, triangle,square, even a trapezoid. JK

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
you dont need to spend all that dough on manifolds and emitters. | |
| |
|__ __|
|
use a 1\2 " hose w/ a T and two 90's
then poke 1/4" barbed t's into the 1/2"
atach 1/4" hose and drip stake emitters that pour the water into your pots. kep it symmetrical and not much pressure is neccessary. keep an eye on things and time accordingly. i use 1 gal. perfect pots and feed twice a day

R

redeyechiller

Yeah rain drip stuff is ok. Pump recommendation is over 250gph. Like 300 or better for anything that is pressure compensating.

I just ran 1/8" line to each plant site and poked the hole right in 1/2" vinyl. Drip stake to hold the line, and i just run fluid into my rockwool "towers" of 4x4" cubes on top of 6x6 pots of loose rockwool. Its running good without issue. Go for more flow than you need, trust me.

Yes i agree i cut off my drippers and wow what a diff in pressure, the roots will be saturated now with the higher pressure!!

R.E.C.

Top Bottom