Help needed!! pistils turning orange to fast???? only on week 4 ???

• Thread starter TasteTerps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TasteTerps

TasteTerps

Whats currently going on:
Strain - Wedding cake
Flower week: 4 (10 days from flip when I saw pistils)
Nutrients - Farmers pride 3 part line from Blue planet nutrients - 1500-1600 ppms when feeding, plane ph and calmag water in-between.
C02 - Daily use of 1200 ppm
Temps and humdity - 76-80 f / 39-47
Constant fan rotation above and under canopy

Problem if any:

I believe the white pistils turned orange to early and need some advice as to if its finished or if I can still get some swelling in. They continue to grow everyday! This strain has a recommended flowering time of 8-9 weeks.. I know some strains carry more colours than others but this is questionable.. have I burned my pistols with heavy nutes? but still no signs of burns, heat stress or deficiencies... or is it simply telling me its ready? if so I need to start to flush! advice or thoughts on as what this can be will greatly help me and be appreciated! Happy growing xD

Help needed pistils turning orange to fast only on week 4
Help needed pistils turning orange to fast only on week 4 2
Help needed pistils turning orange to fast only on week 4 3
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Could be a strain anomaly .
But question to ask, was there a male potentially nearby or have you hermed
Check for pollen sacs under buds, and or nanas.
Or it could be simply heat/ light but I don’t see anything off the bat and it could be just strains.
Trichomes are the true check for “readiness” so pending how those develop I’d say keep an eye on it. So far I don’t see too much but it’s gauging from a few pics

TasteTerps

TasteTerps

Could be a strain anomaly .
But question to ask, was there a male potentially nearby or have you hermed
Check for pollen sacs under buds, and or nanas.
Or it could be simply heat/ light but I don’t see anything off the bat and it could be just strains.
Trichomes are the true check for “readiness” so pending how those develop I’d say keep an eye on it. So far I don’t see too much but it’s gauging from a few pics

Had a male outside in the yard but never got close to it before entering the room. Room is inside the house far away from outdoors, no signs of sacks either... lower buds are parshly still white but most red... checked the trichomes yesterday and they were still clear...

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Could be strain , Ives had pistols turn red and continue to pop new pistols all the while trichomes were not there so I always gauge harvest on trichomes

TasteTerps

TasteTerps

They look good but you chop by trichome not pistols so i would let em run, if you are giving cold water that could be it.
BLESS for dropping in... water temp should be same as room or media??

TasteTerps

TasteTerps

Could be strain , Ives had pistols turn red and continue to pop new pistols all the while trichomes were not there so I always gauge harvest on trichomes
BLESS JACK, big respect... new one have popped out and trichomes are still clear!

Top Bottom