Help needed please, grow lights playing up switching on and off, tried different leads, the same, so its buggered, help picking another

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi all,

Woke up this morning to a grow light that has developed a fault so I am needing another light,

Im only in a small grow tent, 140x60x60, Can somebody help me please,

This link I've had it is for a grow light on Amazon, not too sure what power would be best for my area,

I have betweem £60-£80 max to spend

WAKYME 600W LED Plant Grow Light, Adjustable Full Spectrum Double Switch Plant Light with Thermometer Humidity Monitor & Powerful Heat Dissipation System for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PGXRHRF/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_dovsDb2CSR2CS

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi all,

Woke up this morning to a grow light that has developed a fault so I am needing another light,

This link I've had it is for a grow light on Amazon, not too sure what power would be best for my area,

WAKYME 600W LED Plant Grow Light, Adjustable Full Spectrum Double Switch Plant Light with Thermometer Humidity Monitor & Powerful Heat Dissipation System for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PGXRHRF/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_dovsDb2CSR2CS
how much is that imperial money?i got pretty much same light but full spectrum,got 2 of them ,hotter than hell had me scrambling to get the plants to harvest,dont fall for the replaces a 600 watt hid light either,the serious gram per size guys be around to talk you into a cob light im sure soon,they might be all that but i cant unass the money ofr a light like that when i already got 4 other lights that suposedly work better,i have found for my tent 2x4x5 foot my 400 watt hid light works best hooked to a cool tube exhausting all heat out,those led lights i never could keep the heat out,the hid i did,i got the led lights for the hot ass summers i have and was told ya bro they are so much cooler,i guess they were talking about pretty colors because i couldnt keep that damn tent away from 90 degrees if you dig

Dasnip

Dasnip

Hi all,

my friend as an electrician I can tell you that most likely your problem could be Thermo inside the fixture itself. If you have the ability to return them I would do so immediately this is not right my Miss Yee, run 13 a day and I never had a problem

Dasnip

Dasnip

my friend as an electrician I can tell you that most likely your problem could be Thermo inside the fixture itself. If you have the ability to return them I would do so immediately this is not right my Miss Yee, run 13 a day and I never had a problem
if you know somebody with electrical knowledge they might be able to straighten this out for you if you are unable to return them or for the replacement

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

how much is that imperial money?i got pretty much same light but full spectrum,got 2 of them ,hotter than hell had me scrambling to get the plants to harvest,dont fall for the replaces a 600 watt hid light either,the serious gram per size guys be around to talk you into a cob light im sure soon,they might be all that but i cant unass the money ofr a light like that when i already got 4 other lights that suposedly work better,i have found for my tent 2x4x5 foot my 400 watt hid light works best hooked to a cool tube exhausting all heat out,those led lights i never could keep the heat out,the hid i did,i got the led lights for the hot ass summers i have and was told ya bro they are so much cooler,i guess they were talking about pretty colors because i couldnt keep that damn tent away from 90 degrees if you dig
I agree, LEDs get the Tent in the 90's quite easily and being a relative newbie I read different fixes, tried most, its about 25° but im struggling to get the RH down, its sitting around 45-50%, got a dehumidifier, extra power in take fan, gotta keep trying though,

I was looking at the COB lights.but really havent got much of a clue lol,

I was looking at this also,

1000W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lamps with Veg and Bloom for Indoor Plants Basement Planting

But thought it may fry my girls, and this

Lominie LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum 600W Double Chips Hydroponics Greenhouse Lighting for Indoor Grow Tent Plants Vegetable and Flower https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q293KVX/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_EgBsDbK8TKGWV

This is the 2nd defective one Ive had, the firsts Red leds died and as I had it on full spectrum I didnt really notice, when I switched to bloom you could hardly see them, fked up my last little grow,

I think im looking at to high wattage for the light, I know they don't test to the same power they adertise so im not sure what to do?

Dasnip

Dasnip

The answer to your question is extremely simple if you know somebody using electrician get your hands on an ampro measure the ampacity of the circuit that the thing is on then do ohm's law you can figure out precisely what the voltage drain is and thereby calculate what your bill could possibly be if you supply me with the figures I might be able to help you

Dasnip

Dasnip

The answer to your question is extremely simple if you know somebody using electrician get your hands on an ampro measure the ampacity of the circuit that the thing is on then do ohm's law you can figure out precisely what the voltage drain is and thereby calculate what your bill could possibly be if you supply me with the figures I might be able to help you
Actually I spoken correctly you need an amp probe and you need to find in ohm's law the amperage drain I'm sorry damn spell checks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I agree, LEDs get the Tent in the 90's quite easily and being a relative newbie I read different fixes, tried most, its about 25° but im struggling to get the RH down, its sitting around 45-50%, got a dehumidifier, extra power in take fan, gotta keep trying though,

I was looking at the COB lights.but really havent got much of a clue lol,

I was looking at this also,

1000W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lamps with Veg and Bloom for Indoor Plants Basement Planting

But thought it may fry my girls, and this

Lominie LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum 600W Double Chips Hydroponics Greenhouse Lighting for Indoor Grow Tent Plants Vegetable and Flower https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q293KVX/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_EgBsDbK8TKGWV

This is the 2nd defective one Ive had, the firsts Red leds died and as I had it on full spectrum I didnt really notice, when I switched to bloom you could hardly see them, fked up my last little grow,

I think im looking at to high wattage for the light, I know they don't test to the same power they adertise so im not sure what to do?
not me im done buying lights,toaster had me fixed up with what it would take to build a light,crap is expensive no matter how you look at it,ya save money on energy,but my ass is old hell i might be died tomorrow hahahah,im not sure about your grow box size like i said im old and learning the metric system aint gonna happen,shit i dont remember what i did yesterday haah,my 400 watt hps and mh does me just fine in my little tent,i had it hooked to a cool tube and my tent stayed right around 78,i dont have heat or ac i run with forced wind and negative pressure ,thats all i got to work with hahahh

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Actually I spoken correctly you need an amp probe and you need to find in ohm's law the amperage drain I'm sorry damn spell checks
you seen my writings hahaha,cant spell for shit,what can i say,lmao

Dasnip

Dasnip

not me im done buying lights,toaster had me fixed up with what it would take to build a light,crap is expensive no matter how you look at it,ya save money on energy,but my ass is old hell i might be died tomorrow hahahah,im not sure about your grow box size like i said im old and learning the metric system aint gonna happen,shit i dont remember what i did yesterday haah,my 400 watt hps and mh does me just fine in my little tent,i had it hooked to a cool tube and my tent stayed right around 78,i dont have heat or ac i run with forced wind and negative pressure ,thats all i got to work with hahahh
If you're going if you're going to learn H PS or sodium run them at 220 240 or 260 depending on where you live higher voltage reduces amperage use

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

If you're going if you're going to learn H PS or sodium run them at 220 240 or 260 depending on where you live higher voltage reduces amperage use
hahahah right,i cant even were watchs,kids keep all electronics away from me,i guess i done zap my ass too many times ,my wiring stops at putting in a new breaker and then i shut the whole house off lmao,i would love to hook up my 6500 watt gen to the service pole and wired to come on when needed without back feeding to the line guys,in texas shit i wouldnt even try to get a estimate for that,crazy shit pricing no doubt,anyone that has hvac lisense and experience would make a good biss here,ac all year round other than 4 days in the 20's this past year,4 days of winter,summer 6 months spring 6 months just add in 4 days frezzing somewere doesnt matter which way spring or summer hahahah,miserable hot,108 yesterday and august just started,august is were we loose all or leaves from trees,crazy right,went to colorado about 10 yrs ago,stayed for a week,mid 30's at night 80 during days,my nose bleed all week,im a flat lander for sure,no clue how to switch to 240,over in iraq is the first time i ever used it and had to buy converters for all i had ,light strips too,always spooked my ass,there were several electrecuted while i was there from taking showers,needless to say i stunk to high heaven hahahh,damn exposed wire running all across the desert,when i get under a truck first thing scorpions,snakes and spiders no shit then you worried about the little spiders that had guns hahahah,terrible place came back home wasnt much better here,every day i think i should have never left ,this country has gone to shit,america is fat and like it that way i guess,im a broke dick hermit and do just fine hahahah

az2000

az2000

I was looking at this also, 1000W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Plant Growing Lamps with Veg and Bloom for Indoor Plants Basement Planting

and this Lominie LED Grow Light, Full Spectrum 600W Double Chips Hydroponics Greenhouse Lighting for Indoor Grow Tent Plants Vegetable and Flower

I wouldn't look at *anything* that doesn't tell you the actual watts. (You're quoting the hyped watts.).

If you run 40w/sq ft (which is reasonable for inexpensive LED), you'l need 155w total (actual) in your 1.97 foot x 1.97 foot space (3.88 sq ft).

If you spread those watts around the plant, you should be able to do 30w/sq ft (116w total).

Honestly, in a space that size, you could use household LED lightbulbs. Before you think that's a stupid idea, LED lightbulbs have their LEDs flush-mounted to the base, pointing one direction. You just cut the plastic diffusion globe off (hacksaw) and you have strong directional light. It's great for a smaller space like that. I grew a plant (veg to harvest) at 18-22w/sq ft. (It would have benefited from more in flower. But, it did very well at just 18-22.).

That would be, like, four 15-w (100w equiv) on top. And, four 11w (60-w equiv) on the side- corners (sidelighting.). That would be 104w. The bulbs would cost about $20 GBP. (But, you'd have to buy sockets. A one-time expense. But, after that you're just replacing bulbs.).

If money is your primary issue, that's the way to go. You can replace an 11w bulb for $1 GBP. The 15w bulbs cost about $3 GBP. At that price, you can replace the lights every 3-4 grows.

This is what it looks like in practice:

P1010003 day36 cropped

That's a 2x2 foot space, 4 feet tall. That's five 10-11w lightbulbs around the side. I don't recall how much light was on top.

This photo shows the top lighting (but I don't think that was in place for the above photo):

P1010002

That's two 18w PAR38 40-degree floodlights (3000k) and two lightbulbs (I don't recall if they were 10w or 15w).

So, that's 40w around the sides, 56-65w on top.

I have "how to" documents (<<link) showing how to make those tent-pole sliding light mounts, and the top-mount "fixture." There would be some effort getting it setup (compared to just plugging in a "1000w" LED fixture. But, after that you'd be using very, very cheap LEDs. You can buy those bulbs for 10 pence per watt. You don't have to worry about it all failing at the same time. One bulb fails, you still have 8 more running.

Dasnip

Dasnip

I wouldn't look at *anything* that doesn't tell you the actual watts. (You're quoting the hyped watts.).

If you run 40w/sq ft (which is reasonable for inexpensive LED), you'l need 155w total (actual) in your 1.97 foot x 1.97 foot space (3.88 sq ft).

If you spread those watts around the plant, you should be able to do 30w/sq ft (116w total).

Honestly, in a space that size, you could use household LED lightbulbs. Before you think that's a stupid idea, LED lightbulbs have their LEDs flush-mounted to the base, pointing one direction. You just cut the plastic diffusion globe off (hacksaw) and you have strong directional light. It's great for a smaller space like that. I grew a plant (veg to harvest) at 18-22w/sq ft. (It would have benefited from more in flower. But, it did very well at just 18-22.).

That would be, like, four 15-w (100w equiv) on top. And, four 11w (60-w equiv) on the side- corners (sidelighting.). That would be 104w. The bulbs would cost about $20 GBP. (But, you'd have to buy sockets. A one-time expense. But, after that you're just replacing bulbs.).

If money is your primary issue, that's the way to go. You can replace an 11w bulb for $1 GBP. The 15w bulbs cost about $3 GBP. At that price, you can replace the lights every 3-4 grows.

This is what it looks like in practice:

View attachment 886213

That's a 2x2 foot space, 4 feet tall. That's five 10-11w lightbulbs around the side. I don't recall how much light was on top.

This photo shows the top lighting (but I don't think that was in place for the above photo):

View attachment 886216

That's two 18w PAR38 40-degree floodlights (3000k) and two lightbulbs (I don't recall if they were 10w or 15w).

So, that's 40w around the sides, 56-65w on top.

I have "how to" documents (<<link) showing how to make those tent-pole sliding light mounts, and the top-mount "fixture." There would be some effort getting it setup (compared to just plugging in a "1000w" LED fixture. But, after that you'd be using very, very cheap LEDs. You can buy those bulbs for 10 pence per watt. You don't have to worry about it all failing at the same time. One bulb fails, you still have 8 more running.
I picked up my Miss Yee lights on Amazon for about 150 including Fox farms grow system and they're working really good give a shout out homie do you have a payment plan

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I was putting 50 watt COB lights together with a heatsink and a cooling fan for about $12/ea. Everything screws together and takes 86-240 VAC directly without needing drivers and stuff. No soldering, just screw together and attatch the wires... both the fan and COBs run on wall voltage and don't require any voltage inverters, etc.

Top Bottom