Help Needed - Split Stem

• Thread starter Hazeseeker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hazeseeker

Hi,
need help here guys:unsure:, i had to train my tall Chemdog D x OG Kush again today as it was getting a little too close to the bulb (3rd time i've had to bend and fold stems), because i trained it side-ways this time it's caused a split in the main stem as the top half folded right over leaving a slightly open gash, i've had to prop the main cola area up with string, is it ok to put tape (thick black or that brown tape) around to act as a sort of plaster or will it be ok without?

Help needed   split stem

Peace
Hazeseeker

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

use bandage(guaze) to wrap it, it breathes and you can keep it a little moist...tape dont breathe and its hard to get off when healed.

H

Hazeseeker

Thanks MG, pretty sure i've got some of that stuff in the cupboard, should i just tie it around slightly (not too tight)?

Peace
Hazeseeker

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
i had this once, just left it alone and it grew back together... But a bandage couldn't hurt...

cheers

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

i had this once, just left it alone and it grew back together... But a bandage couldn't hurt...

cheers

very true but it could also lead to a fungus because it is exposed to the elements

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
use bandage(guaze) to wrap it, it breathes and you can keep it a little moist...tape dont breathe and its hard to get off when healed.

Hey midnightgardener, good idea with the gauze!

I had my light reflector fall on top of the plants some months back, right on week 1 of flower, and many stems were broken in more than one part. I used masking tape and dried stems as splinters to fix them up and they all recovered quite well. I left the tape on till the end with no problem.

H

Hazeseeker

Just done as you said MG and tied a little bit of gauze around the wound, the plant is fine thankfully, no wilting or anything, leaves standing to attention thank god (and the bonus it's took about a foot off the height), Marijuana is definately 1 tough plant

Peace
Hazeseeker

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

let us know how she heals,
good luck
regards
MG

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

Ive used many kinds of tape for all kinds of breaks they all work

H

Hazeseeker

Split Is Healing

Hi all,
just a quick pic to show the split healing, the split is actually alot longer than what it looks in the pic, it travels approx 5 inches along (past the gauze on the right hand side), you can see the new white growth beggining to heal inside the wound thankfully

Peace all
Hazeseeker
000 0012 00

leadplant

leadplant

Ive done similar splits and breakages many times and it was never a problem; as long as it was a strong plant prior to the break it will heal right up. Maybe a spritz of h2o2 for fungus but I've never done that.

C

cell

I wonder if an injured plant would yield slightly less in oppose to a healthy plant, in effect from that one part of it's cycle when it needed to divert that needed energy to rejuvenate

F

foreverherb

ive had a worse split than that, i just tied it up against a stick and it healed itself. Was a much better plant in the end to :dull

Tnelz

Tnelz

I have broken plants way worse and they have always ended up fine. Used to use tape but I have found a product used in tree grafting. It's awesome. Also tree tape is great. They sell it a home Depot. Anyway go to Amazon and type tree grafting and you will find the little plastic piece. Works awesome!

Top Bottom