Help needed to identify my bag seed grow

• Thread starter bigAl25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigAl25

:smiley_joint:

Since my attempts to purchase have failed, I started my bag seed grow under 400 watt MH, with the infamous micro grow pre fert soil. I have used some tomatoe plant food, and I am in the 5th week of flower. Any help to determine the pedigree of these seeds would help. I cannot detect any overpowering odor yet, but I don't want to stink up the house. I have two Holmes air purifiers working but when you come up to the door they do smell some. Hope I can load the pictures of the tops on this post. Need to chop before we leave for Jamaica Mon in late July. Will use Radio Shack microscope to help determine tric color.

Help needed to identify my bag seed grow
Help needed to identify my bag seed grow 2
Help needed to identify my bag seed grow 3
Help needed to identify my bag seed grow 4
L

likeakite

Looking nice! Never had any luck with MG. Its impossible to say what strain that is, but its proly an Indica based strain. A Sativa based plant would have long narrow fan leaves, and a stretchier stalk. The darker and wider fans along with a thicker stem tells me its one of a million Indica based strains. Looks good tho, nice work.

S

still smokin

you will probably never know pal. the best thing to do is grow it to the end .see how long it takes to finish then you have a better idea wether indy or sativa but the result in the power of the smoke is really all that matter right wether sativa or indy.flavor wil tell you something to. but to me bottom line is ...does it do the job?.... looks like sativa though with the thin blades

S

still smokin

excuse me....... mistake...... i ment looks more indy sorry for mix up. indy is thicker looking blades like these pics

B

bigAl25

Dear fellow farmers, Thanks for the comments. I am now in week 7 thinking of going to week 10 if necessary. How long would you feed just water to flush the plants? one week or two weeks? I will be using Texas Kid's drying and curing technique that I printed out.
Also what color should the trics be at harvest.

Respect and reggae MON

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
trichs cloudy/amber depends on how you like your high. the more amber the more you like... dude im fucking high! littles less and your a lil upbeat and laughing alot. i would say water them with no nutes the last 10 days to 2 weeks. you want to flush everything out. the leaves will start to yellow and die off this is natural dont panic. sometimes you may even have to flush them a bit longer. also i wouldnt give them any water for at least 5 days before you cut. makes the drying faster

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
also im growing some mid/az bag seed for the hell of it just to see. and it kinda looks like that. has the long arm fan leafs like that. they come out almost a foot before the leaf starts.

hey when you go to jamaica ask for the keke were all the cab drivers are playing dominos.right outside the airport. make sure to bring some seeds back!

B

bigAl25

Ok here's the update: I get some slight skunk smell, and some type of fuel smell on my buds. Thanks for the flushing advice, and I'll surely bring some seeds back from jamaica. I have found that the Rastas have the better ganja and they grow natural/organic. Hope to hook up with one on our vacation. KEKE from the cab drivers? Can I mention to them that I'm a Bob Marley fan, or just sing One Love?

B

bigAl25

Damn, I forgot the better news, I have ordered some fem blueberry and blue mystic beans. I can't wait to start their grows, but I need to limit is to 4 plants per grow, my present 5 doesn't leave enough space for all of them with my 400 MH. Also the blueberry smell will make the basement smell good, the blue mystic is low odor per Nirvanna. Reggae, Rock and ganga you all.

B

bigAl25

The last plant picture looks a little sick. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong and some suggested fixes. It is in Miracle grow, but we are past the 3 months pre nute time frame. I did flush it once , then gave it some miracle grow tomatoe plant food. It's still budding, but not as well as the other 4 plants. Will this stress affect the potency? Thricomes are still clear. Thanks,

B

bigAl25

Chopped down plants at 65 days. Had two sets of similar plants with a slight difference in maturity, and the 5th plant was completely different. Drying/hanging right now and will brown bag next week, then transfer to airtight jars for curing. Getting some different aromas from the plants. Will try to document. One set produced fist sized cola. the other set was smaller. 400 watt MH does not make a great yield, but should be good enough for my purposes.

B

bigAl25

Been curing in airtight jars, Mason, for a week now. Hope to eliminate the just cut hay smell as they cure longer. Bud are airy, lightweight, not dense and heavy. Is this a result of the 400MH light? Do 600 or 1000 produce denser heavier buds?, or is this a function of the breed of plant grown. Will switch to organic when Bubblegum and Blue Mystic arrive. First order from Nirvana never arrived, they are reshipping. Will let you know if they get here. Peace and Respect Mon

D

Djmers

You will find that you would get denser buds if you had flowered with a hps lamp instead. You should look into this and keep the mh for veg then switch to the hps for flowering, it does also depends on how close you can get the light to your plants without burning the tops. The closer the better !

B

bigAl25

Bubblelicious and Blue Mist have arrived. Under my 400 watt MH, I plan to veg for 8 to 10 weeks and flower for 8 to 10 weeks. I will be growing organic this time around with Fox Farms fertilizers. Do these strains take multiple toppings well in the veg stages? I'd like a lot of top buds instead of only one per plant. Are my veg and flower times in the correct range? Looking forward to my next grow of fem seeds. I'll research the cost of a 400 or 600 hps light for flower. I would guess that i would also need the ballast and light. Peace and respect. we leave for Jamaica tomorrow for one week of reggae, red stripe, humingbirds for breakfast and rasta ganga.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I would think that if you veg for 8-10 weeks you are going to outgrow the light footprint of the 400w. You might be better off vegging for 4-6 weeks and train them into a nice tight canopy that will evenly fill a 3'x3' area under the 400w.

B

bigAl25

OK here are the results of my bag seed grow. The slow cure in air tight Ball jars from Rural King is working out great. I take back my previous bitch about my buds under MH. These are not resin coated buds, but the smell is getting a sweet fruit light smell as they cure. They smoke great and have a better high that the $300 an oz stuff selling around here. I am very happy with the results and looking forward to the organic grow of bubblegum and blue mystic from Nirvana. This is my protest againt the evil Mexico drug lords violence and killings. I won't need any of their shit weed in the future.:RastaBong:

IMG 0446
IMG 0445
Top Bottom