Help needed urgently please!

• Thread starter Jay2212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jay2212

Jay2212

Hiya I am fairly new to this, any help will be greatly appreciated!
100% coco
Strain Cali cookies
Canna nutes a&b, canna cal Mag to bring ec upto 0.4 before a&b, bud link, little bit of super thrive
Ph 5.8
Currently in week 2 from getting the cuttings

I noticed the start of thrips yesterday and have since sprayed the girls with 4ml/per litre of pyrtherm but the plants looked unhealthy before this, please could someone tell me what is going on here as I just don’t know? Cheers

Help needed urgently please
Help needed urgently please 2
Help needed urgently please 3
Help needed urgently please 4
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
PH is to low, and they look over or under fed to me. what type of medium are using? droop before or after water ?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
are you measuring your PH by your run off ? cause 5.8 might be low enough to cause nute lock out?

Jay2212

Jay2212

are you measuring your PH by your run off ? cause 5.8 might be low enough to cause nute lock out?
Thanks for the reply ozark, they are in coco, last feed I did a ph of 6, at the minute I am hand feeding them 1 litre each and then waiting until dry, eventually to go on droppers, at first I though it were N Tox but the tips aren’t clawed, 1 or 2 of the leaves also have rusted spots on them but not sure if this is due to the thrips

Jay2212

Jay2212

Thanks for the reply ozark, they are in coco, last feed I did a ph of 6, at the minute I am hand feeding them 1 litre each and then waiting until dry, eventually to go on droppers, at first I though it were N Tox but the tips aren’t clawed, 1 or 2 of the leaves also have rusted spots on them but not sure if this is due to the thrips
That’s the ph in my tank sorry

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
That’s the ph in my tank sorry

you want to measure the water run off or surry as they call it. place a pan under the pot and water it with 6.0-6..5 PH water till you get the surry and then measure it. that will give you a true reading of the soil PH. i would also stop all nutes till you get this handled

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Don't wait for Coco to dry! water it at least once a day

talk to Coco growers on here if I think of one I'll try to tag somebody in for you, but that's the first thing I would change right away, never let Coco dry out

and always run at least 20% extra through it for run off every watering and always water it with nutrients, And a pH of 5.9 - 6 is commonly used in Coco, but next time add perlite to it

also when you find a Coco grower ask them about washing cocoa and doing do some reading would help you right now too, good luck

Edit: I've got a good cocoa grower that might be able to talk to you! @Seraphine

Jay2212

Jay2212

@
Don't wait for Coco to dry! water it at least once a day

talk to Coco growers on here if I think of one I'll try to tag somebody in for you, but that's the first thing I would change right away, never let Coco dry out

and always run at least 20% extra through it for run off every watering and always water it with nutrients, And a pH of 5.9 - 6 is commonly used in Coco, but next time add perlite to it

also when you find a Coco grower ask them about washing cocoa and doing do some reading would help you right now too, good luck

Edit: I've got a good cocoa grower that might be able to talk to you! @Seraphine
thanks a lot! Tbh I haven’t been letting it dry completely out, there’s something a miss here, I also have purple stalks, would you recommend a flush with an ec of around 0.8? Let them take that in and feed as normal? I really want to turn this around and I’m getting quiet concerned. Thanks again

Jay2212

Jay2212

@

thanks a lot! Tbh I haven’t been letting it dry completely out, there’s something a miss here, I also have purple stalks, would you recommend a flush with an ec of around 0.8? Let them take that in and feed as normal? I really want to turn this around and I’m getting quiet concerned. Thanks again
I haven’t been watering to run off though? My friend says he never does this so I followed him like a sheep haha

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i'm running super soil here. i've heard both with watering and coco, everyday and every 3-4 days as long as your pot has proper drainage. i suggested laying off some water as they look over or under fed. but nutes with every watering for sure. 600 PPM is that too high for coco /

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
I haven’t been watering to run off though? My friend says he never does this so I followed him like a sheep haha

right but otherwise you have no idea what the soil or root PH is? i'll bail now and let someone more experienced than i jump in and help you. last thing i want to do is fuck u up worse than you are.

Jay2212

Jay2212

This is the worst looking one, lights are off, used flash on my phone

A1943FE2 0B53 4961 BE39 F183EEE4D587
8259FC6A 686F 4F5D 9443 310DAF5B8F20
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Again wait for Sarah, she's around quite a bit usually later in the day and she's a very nice, helpful person.

I'm not a cocoa grower although I am familiar with how to treat the medium, I'd rather you talk to her than me, but what I told you above is legit.

In the meantime I'd recommend you search "growing cannabis in Coco" online and do a lot of reading (and don't listen to your friend! Lol)

Ps. Doesn't even look like your watering the whole pot, make sure that whole thing is wet, never let Coco dry always speed at nutrients and always make runoff!

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
stick your finger down into it up to the second knuckle, is it wet, dry, moist

Jay2212

Jay2212

Again wait for Sarah, she's around quite a bit usually later in the day and she's a very nice, helpful person.

I'm not a cocoa grower although I am familiar with how to treat the medium, I'd rather you talk to her than me, but what I told you above is legit.

In the meantime I'd recommend you search "growing cannabis in Coco" online and do a lot of reading (and don't listen to your friend! Lol)

Ps. Doesn't even look like your watering the whole pot, make sure that whole thing is wet, never let Coco dry always speed at nutrients and always make runoff!
Thank you I really appreciate it

Jay2212

Jay2212

Well I thought wetting the whole pot would do damage as they aren’t fully rooted yet, do any of you think I may of over fed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom