Help Needed, Weed Not Cloudy

• Thread starter The3rdman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

The3rdman

Post your pictures. No one is able to help you without them. Without pictures, everyone is guessing. You want help, but your approach seems almost hostile/unfriendly. People will stop responding eventually.
As I said earlier, the plants have been harvested (so no pictures). But my problem will not be solved by posting a picture of a healthy plant because you will not see deficiencies and therefore no clues to the problem.

It will be solved by someone who understands the macro and micro issues that come into play during the ripening process and saying: Here Are The Plausible Reasons For Your Potency Issues: A, B, or C. This is the approach that needs to be taken and it looks like I will have to try other forums before I run into someone that has seen this particular problem before. I sort of figured the Organics Forum had the smartest people which is why I started here.

Sorry if I appeared hostile.

:

T

The3rdman

Photosynthesis needs green leaves, as you said, and trichomes need photosynthesis to ripen. Leaves can yellow and die cause plants sre stealing the food in them, it's not a guarantee they are naturally fading cause they're done. Maybe you're stopping nutes too soon? Have you tried backing off the light or dimming a bit like others have suggested, to mimic fall? You also said it's not psychoactive, which is suspect to me, that something else is going on or you have a strain other than it was listed, like cbd heavy or something... because I've had to harvest plants several weeks, even over a month before they were ready due to mold popping up, and despite there not being a milky or amber trichome in sight, it still got me high. Is there a reason you don't want to share pictures? It's kind of like trying to shoot the wind with no pictures really.
I harvested the plants couple of weeks ago, so no pre-harvest pictures. But the plant was done, done, done. It was not harvested nor did I not stop nutes early. The strains were Big Bud & Bruce Banner #3.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

As I said earlier, the plants have been harvested (so no pictures). But my problem will not be solved by posting a picture of a healthy plant because you will not see deficiencies and therefore no clues to the problem.

It will be solved by someone who understands the macro and micro issues that come into play during the ripening process and saying: Here Are The Plausible Reasons For Your Potency Issues: A, B, or C. This is the approach that needs to be taken and it looks like I will have to try other forums before I run into someone that has seen this particular problem before. I sort of figured the Organics Forum had the smartest people which is why I started here.

:
Apology accepted ... I ran into similar issues using Roots Organic terp teas indoors. I would get premature yellowing and K deficiencies. The nutrients were there in the soil but for whatever reason I have yet to find out, the microbes weren't making the food available fast enough for my plants. Something was interferring with nutrient uptake. Outdoors? It"s worked like a charm. Same water, same soil mix, same Roots Organic feed schedule ... but different results between indoors and outdoors and I'm not 100% sure why other than indoors is a different environment.

I switched to GH Flora series and so far my results have been much better. I'll know how much better after the run is finished. Same strains. The plants from seeds have been fed organically. The clones I took from those plants are on the GH flora series. Moral of the story? If you're not happy with your results, try something different. Again without pictures, its hard to know for sure but it sounds like its feed related.

Sunasun

Sunasun

:
Light stress causes premature yellowing of fan and sugar leaves and bleaching of buds leading to low potency and diminished yields.
Also, could be malnutrition during the swelling stage,
Either way, it's an easy fix. Just stop being stubborn and take the advice given to help you.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Light stress causes premature yellowing of fan and sugar leaves and bleaching of buds leading to low potency and diminished yields.
Either way, it's an easy fix. Just stop being stubborn and take the advice given to help you.
exactly what i’m thinking, light and or heat stress..
obviously he has no clue saying pictures not necessary??
of course pictures are necessary!!!

TSD

TSD

exactly what i’m thinking, light and or heat stress..
obviously he has no clue saying pictures not necessary??
of course pictures are necessary!!!
Even a picture of the finished bud is better than nothing lol... no not as helpful as a live picture, but someone might still be able to spot something, signs of bleaching etc.

T

The3rdman

It was not light stress. It was two plants that had reached the end of their life.

You say my potency issue is an easy fix and I should follow the advice given.

Please tell me which advice I should follow to resolve my issue.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

It was not light stress. It was two plants that had reached the end of their life.

Just throwing this out there.... had an AUTO that took 16 weeks in flower..... 20 weeks total.... just because you went "12 weeks and all leaves yellowed and 90% of pistils turned brown" doesnt mean anything at all because you could just have poor plant health causing leaves to yellow and pistils to turn prematurely.

But as i read through, i gathered you have all the answers cause you told everyone that had advice how they were wrong and to pretty much shove it.

Im sure most of the amazing growers you had here trying to help, are probably now on to other things and wont be back.

On that note, im out ✌🏼✌🏼

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@The3rdman at least in theory potency is an easy fix. I realize you can't post pictures of plants that no longer exist. However, based on what you've stated it has to be either a lighting issue or a nutrition issue. Sorting it out between the 2 is really where we are at. I believe you said that you have new plants started ... or will be starting new plants shortly. If you've already started new plants, post those pictures. We can't fix what has already happened but we can help you avoid making the same mistakes going forward.

LED light manufacturers give you a "recommendation" but that's really only a ballpark estimate. You're better off adjusting your light intensity based on what your plants are telling you. Watch the leaves and learn the patterns and what they mean. This will tell you far more than an LED manufacturer or even a quantum par meter. You can have everything set exactly "by the book" and fry your plants. This an area where less is frequently more and too much causes issues like you've described.

Most common beginner's mistakes other than watering too frequently are too much nutrition and too much light. Over-fed and over lit plants cause a lot of problems especially if the plant is suffering from both at the same time. The very first thing to do at the onset of leaf problems is to turn the light down. This slows photosynthesis enough to buy you time to work through the issue. Failure to do so usually ends up in some type of crash and burn, and a harvest that didn't meet your expectations.

T

The3rdman

Just throwing this out there.... had an AUTO that took 16 weeks in flower..... 20 weeks total.... just because you went "12 weeks and all leaves yellowed and 90% of pistils turned brown" doesnt mean anything at all because you could just have poor plant health causing leaves to yellow and pistils to turn prematurely.

But as i read through, i gathered you have all the answers cause you told everyone that had advice how they were wrong and to pretty much shove it.

Im sure most of the amazing growers you had here trying to help, are probably now on to other things and wont be back.

On that note, im out ✌🏼✌🏼
I have some individuals in this thread saying I'm not listening to advice. When I ask "Which advice given should I Accept?", all I hear is crickets. So Mr. Goodsxxx97, can you specify any worthwhile advice in this thread I have rejected?

Top Bottom