help needed

• Thread starter tipper619sd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

I am having temp issues and dont know what else to do. I have a 8x8 ft room with a 600 w hps ad a 600 w ballast.I have a 12 site aeroflo and i have a portable ac 11,00 btu. My current temps are 88 degrees and 27 rh is this an issues or what can i do to solve it. I also have ducting from my light out the room with a fan attached to blow the heat off the light. Please help and thank you all.

G

grnmountainboy

are you blowing air on your bulb or sucking the hot air out? a vent fan will work better if you pull the hot air away from the bulb and out of the room

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

So the idea is to have the light cooling air not come from the grow room. Then you can blow it through or suck it through the light hood (both have their merits. I suck personally). Then the ac should be able to cool the room. I assume that you ran the AC exhaust duct to outside the room already? Your ballast inside the grow chamber?

-TF

T

tipper619sd

my ballast is in the room i wanted to run t outside but didnt get around to it. I have a fan pulling air out of room from bulb and i have exhast outside room also. My temps are 86 degrees and 46 rh is this a god temp or not. thnks for your responses

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Not really sure but it kind of sounds like your exchanging The air in the room to fast for the ac to cool it. Maybe a fan speed controller? Or seperate room exhaust and ac lights to two separate fans And only exhaust your room on a timer so the ac can work

another_sellout

another_sellout

I'd say you'll probably want to switch over to a much larger exhaust fan for the room and a swamp cooler instead of an air conditioner. It'll also give you a hand with your humidity problem. Good luck!

T

tipper619sd

ok to answer the first question. 86 and 42 rh is when lights are on. I have heard that the more dry the conditions the better the plants grow. Is this true or not? Also what do u mean by a fan controller and too much air to cool off room? My room was recently at 91 degrees but now i have it stable at around 82. I know my plants can grow under severe temps. Last crop my 1st grow i had it at 90 degrees during day and 79 during night and had no problem with my plants at all. I was just trying to help them out a lil and got a portable ac. Am i doing things wrong?

Top Bottom