Help!!!! New grower, sick plant

• Thread starter Budgirl83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budgirl83

Budgirl83

Help! I’m a new grower and one of my plants is exhibiting these leaves, I’m growing in organic soil and cloth buckets. Could it be from over watering? Or is it a deficiency? Please help!! 😭

Help  new grower sick plant
Help  new grower sick plant 2
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Might be a potassium deficiency, but just a guess on my part. What is your feed and water schedule?

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

I had been watering them everyday but noticed that the pots were still wet, so
I have left them for a few days to dry out, this plants pot is still very heavy. I feed every other water.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I had been watering them everyday but noticed that the pots were still wet, so
I have left them for a few days to dry out, this plants pot is still very heavy. I feed every other water.
I'm no expert on this, but have read that over watering can present like all sorts of issues. It sounds like you're aware you may have been over watering. Let her dry out until the pot is light, maybe even until the leaves droop a little, before you water next time. If she doesn't perk up after adjusting the water cycle it might then be time to look at Potassium content of your nutrients. Just a guess. 🙂

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Can you post pics of the entire plants with buckets? I think it is over watering based on what you said, soil should not be constantly wet.

Also, how much nutrients are you giving it and what kind? Probably a combination of over watering and over fertilization.

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

I’m also guessing over watering because there seems to be gnats. Should I just water the plants that are light and let the rest that are a bit heavy dry out more? And then water again?

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

Here they are. I’m really starting to think I overwatered. Some of the others seem to be exhibiting some symptoms too.

35C38937 1FF8 4FA3 86F0 027EE020C796
BF6332BF C577 4AE7 8D25 BB3436386675
Budgirl83

Budgirl83

Can you post pics of the entire plants with buckets? I think it is over watering based on what you said, soil should not be constantly wet.

Also, how much nutrients are you giving it and what kind? Probably a combination of over watering and over fertilization.
I posted them below, first time using a thread lol!

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

I posted them below, first time using a thread lol!

I have been using grow big 6-4-4 every other watering

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I’m also guessing over watering because there seems to be gnats. Should I just water the plants that are light and let the rest that are a bit heavy dry out more? And then water again?
Don't worry about letting them get too dry, as long as you are paying attention you cannot miss the symptoms when they are really ready for water. The leaves and limbs will droop like crazy, it looks scary but they perk up right away once you do water them. Not that you should do this every time, but doing it once or twice will give you a good feel for how the plant takes in water.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Def. Let them dry out. You have to look at each plant as an individual and treat them accordingly you already seem to be putting yourself on the right track and you've made it this far so you will be alright. Once things start to perk back up trim off the effected fan leaves with clean scissors

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

Def. Let them dry out. You have to look at each plant as an individual and treat them accordingly you already seem to be putting yourself on the right track and you've made it this far so you will be alright. Once things start to perk back up trim off the effected fan leaves with clean scissors
Thank you I really was starting to be freaked out, I don’t want to lose a plant.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

It will also help to dry out more evenly if you can get some separation between the floor and the bottom of the pot, i.e. some wire shelving or plastic egg crate essentially anything you can think of that won't absorb moisture and create mold.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have been using grow big 6-4-4 every other watering

Ok, that sounds about right, but if you water everyday then you are feeding them 3-4 times a week which is probably too much. Now that you know you over watered, I would still feed every other watering, just space out the waterings more, good luck!

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

It will also help to dry out more evenly if you can get some separation between the floor and the bottom of the pot, i.e. some wire shelving or plastic egg crate essentially anything you can think of that won't absorb moisture and create mold.
The only thing I have right now is some wood slats, probably not the best but will get them off the floor for drying out right now

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

That would work in mean time. Not sure of your locale but Home depot carries 4' x 2' suspended egg crate light ceiling panel for under $20. can trim to fit individual pots or just lay it on the entire bottom of the grow space depending how you water i personally like trays to catch my runoff. Dont thank me thank @ Aqua Man for that gem.

Budgirl83

Budgirl83

Don't worry about letting them get too dry, as long as you are paying attention you cannot miss the symptoms when they are really ready for water. The leaves and limbs will droop like crazy, it looks scary but they perk up right away once you do water them. Not that you should do this every time, but doing it once or twice will give you a good feel for how the plant takes in water.
Thank you, a few are starting to droop now I’m going to wait until morning to see how they look, and lift the pots to see how dry they are. Hopefully that will give me a good indicator of when they should be watered

Str86ed

Str86ed

Fungus gnats can cause yellowing also

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is Nitrogen burn. Stop feeding the plants. Flush them!. Just water when needed. In 2 weeks begin feeding again 1/2 strength once a week. No more than that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom