Help new to growing no idea

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Please could somebody help and give me advice, I'm new to the growing game, well not completely but I've always got the plants well into veg this is my first time from the start, anyway I've had my cuttings for a week now and all the leaves are shrivelled and curling like mad as you can see in the photos, I have no idea what is wrong so any advice wud be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Help new to growing no idea
Help new to growing no idea 2
Help new to growing no idea 3
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Are they rooted? If not its normal thst leaves go through some phases

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Are they rooted? If not its normal thst leaves go through some
Are they rooted? If not its normal thst leaves go through some phases
Can you please explain to me baring in mind this is my first time what you mean when you say rooted ? When I got the cuttings I was told they was ready to go into pots so that's what i did, I potted them up and now a week later all the old leaved are starting to shrivel up and curl like they have, bit i am getting new growth is this normal ?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

When you say cuttings i assume you have cuts that have not rooted. But it looks like yours might have roots..did you see roots when you put in a pot?

It could be the plant adjusting to the soil. I would not worry

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Yes there was little roots poking out when I put them in the pots

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I see, Is there holes in the pots ?
Probably just adjusting to the soil

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Yes there is holes in the bottom for water to drain off and I am only feeding them small amounts at the moment, the new growth seems healthy it seems to just be the older ones

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I've just put them on an 18-6 light cycle, temps 24 with light on and 21 when it's off

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Sounds like you good on temp.
Is there a fan pointed directly on the plants? Maybe feed less? If there is nutes in the soil it lasts usually 2weeks and up. If you feed on top of that it might be much? I dont know if thats the case tho

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
what kind of light? how close?

that is light and/or heat stress, see the slight tacoing, the very edges turned up, and the tips trying to find any way they can get out of the light

oh, and the soil not sure if you said what you are using, but it looks like it needs some perlite added next time you up-pot

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It doesn't look like you're watering properly. Why is the soil wet near the plant and dry at the edges of the pot?

Roots will ignore any part of the soil that is dry. You are not encouraging them to root out the pot.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Ah right okay is that the problem? Do I need to make sure I cover all the soil ?

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I was just worried about over watering that's all, my bad thankyou for your help

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Some more info would help us give some better advice. What soil are you using? When you water, what is the pH of your water?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
for watering, read this:

watering how media pot size shape and environment affect it

and read this before going crazy over pH

ph a basic explanation

Ah right okay is that the problem? Do I need to make sure I cover all the soil ?

no, the problem is the light stress; the girls are in too much light. move your light higher or dim it a bit.

there might be other things but if you dont fix the light they will be burned up and you wont be able to see other things.

see the leaves, they want to get away from the light. they are trying to fold up and the edges are curled and the ends are going nuts trying not to be in that light.

the plant has no real symptoms you can see of over/under watering. it has no indications of anything but the light stress.

it is a clone. they are raised with a low light so they can root and get going. when you plant them in your garden you need to "harden" them for your bright light. you are taking them from under 10k lux to around 30k or 40k. you have to make it a gradual change to your environment. get them use to things.

if you dont fix this, they will start to turn brown on the tips and then a sick yellow then the leaf dies, while this is going on she wont grow, she is just fighting to stay alive and not burned up.

you might want to see if @Aqua Man might stop by and help you, he knows about coco, i am a soil grower. i am new, so i may not be right (but i am), but most will tell you to raise/dim the lights any time your plants have issues (and this one has issues).

Last edited:
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi yeah I'm using canna coco professional soil, feeding once a day as soon as the lights go on feeding them canna a and b, rhizotonic, and cannazym going off the feeding chart for amounts , ph is 6.4 but they are looking much better today to be honest thanks

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

It wasn't ni but I've give them a good watering I also thought the light was too much so I changed it from 600 w down to 400 w and they seem to be doing much better đź‘Ť thanks

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I've grown before but everytime I've done them before they've been veged somewhere else and just put into flower at mine, so I'm just trying to be very cautious because I understand they can be very temperamental at this early stage

Ponky

Ponky

I've grown before but everytime I've done them before they've been veged somewhere else and just put into flower at mine, so I'm just trying to be very cautious because I understand they can be very temperamental at this early stage
I get you. I started letting my clones be more robust before transplant. So they only had about 4 days of transition. Then I could feed and water them next to the other pre veg. No special treatment. Same light. Same water. Same wind. I use to use clones in a Rockwool cube. Always from a smaller cutting. Then when I switched cloning styles . Thats when I cut my veg time right down. Had the best short tight node plants.

Top Bottom