Help new to growing no idea

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
also, i dont know about nutes and all, but most threads they say go about half strength on nutes for clones that age... but i dont know - i just water

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

for watering, read this:

watering how media pot size shape and environment affect it

and read this before going crazy over pH

ph a basic explanation

no, the problem is the light stress; the girls are in too much light. move your light higher or dim it a bit.

there might be other things but if you dont fix the light they will be burned up and you wont be able to see other things.

see the leaves, they want to get away from the light. they are trying to fold up and the edges are curled and the ends are going nuts trying not to be in that light.

the plant has no real symptoms you can see of over/under watering. it has no indications of anything but the light stress.

it is a clone. they are raised with a low light so they can root and get going. when you plant them in your garden you need to "harden" them for your bright light. you are taking them from under 10k lux to around 30k or 40k. you have to make it a gradual change to your environment. get them use to things.

if you dont fix this, they will start to turn brown on the tips and then a sick yellow then the leaf dies, while this is going on she wont grow, she is just fighting to stay alive and not burned up.

you might want to see if @Aqua Man might stop by and help you, he knows about coco, i am a soil grower. i am new, so i may not be right (but i am), but most will tell you to raise/dim the lights any time your plants have issues (and this one has issues).

also, i dont know about nutes and all, but most threads they say go about half strength on nutes for clones that age... but i dont know - i just water
Thankyou you've given plenty of good advice and I think you are dead right about the light because once I've turned it from 6 to 400 Watts they seem to be picking up a hell of a lot, I also read alot about the nutes and I didn't go to full strength of what it says on the food chart because of what people have said, I lowered it considerably not quite half but not much higher than half

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I will put another pic up soon and you can see yourself the change in the space of 24 hours, I think they will be okay I just panicked coz I've never seen them so that before

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Here's a couple of pics of how they are looking now after a few day ! Back on track and very happy, so thankyou to everybody who helped ! I'm new to this community and you guys are awesome !😊😊

20210714 234752
20210714 234730
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Good going man ! By the way, you want to water all the soil, dry pockets will be unaccessable for the roots. And water slowly. And let dry in between :)

You are on a Journey now

Funny thing is growing weed was a gateway for me into growing vegetables

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Good going man ! By the way, you want to water all the soil, dry pockets will be unaccessable for the roots. And water slowly. And let dry in between :)

You are on a Journey now

Funny thing is growing weed was a gateway for me into growing vegetables
Hiya mate yeah I have been making sure to cover all the soil it's just the picture wasn't taken straight after watering, I have just trial runned a few hours of me turning my light back upto 600watt and the temperature of my tent went up from 24 degrees to 29.3 which obviously I was expecting it to go up a bit but 29.3 seems too high to me, what do you think pal ?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Yes, it is one of the challenges you'll face. Lights make heat, you will have to find what works in your situation.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Yes, it is one of the challenges you'll face. Lights make heat, you will have to find what works in your situation.
But do you think 29.3 is too high or do you think I cud get away with it ? I was hoping to get 2 lights in there because I've been led to believe the more lights = bigger yield, I'm only doing 4 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 tent, but obviously 2 lights is a no go so I at least wanna run my light at 600w ? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

But do you think 29.3 is too high or do you think I cud get away with it ? I was hoping to get 2 lights in there because I've been led to believe the more lights = bigger yield, I'm only doing 4 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 tent, but obviously 2 lights is a no go so I at least wanna run my light at 600w ? Any advice will be much appreciated.
Or should I just leave it on 400 watt all through veg and then turn it up to 600 watt when I flick to flower because I believe they prefer the temp a little higher when flowering anyway

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I was in same situation with temps and size of tent. I had to cash out for a better inline fan with Carbon filter and one ac outside tent. Because the room is small. If you can vent outside that helps too. If you are running hps/mhm lights i think cooltube work. I have not messed around with it.

I had 35-36 degrees celsius . And that was with leds

Ponky

Ponky

Here's a couple of pics of how they are looking now after a few day ! Back on track and very happy, so thankyou to everybody who helped ! I'm new to this community and you guys are awesome !😊😊
When you water. Saturate you media fully until there is a bit of runoff.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

29.3c is about 84F. Temperature-wise you're golden right there.
Or should I just leave it on 400 watt all through veg and then turn it up to 600 watt when I flick to flower because I believe they prefer the temp a little higher when flowering anyway
Personally, I would wait at crank up the wattage when you flip to flower mode. 400w is adequate for veg in most cases.
I was in same situation with temps and size of tent. I had to cash out for a better inline fan with Carbon filter and one ac outside tent. Because the room is small. If you can vent outside that helps too. If you are running hps/mhm lights i think cooltube work. I have not messed around with it.

I had 35-36 degrees celsius . And that was with leds
Just as @Goblinkiller stated, I would expect you to need to improve your ventilation before cranking up your lights. 30c is fine temperature-wise. 35c is getting pretty hot. You would want to keep temps down to that 29c-30c range during flowering for best results.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That is my current setup I'm not sure I can do anything more regarding my ventilation
If you're drawing fresh air from the outside (like it appears you're doing), you're probably pulling in air that is already warm and is contributing to temperature issues inside your grow room. Consider using the cooler inside air during the warmer months for your fresh air exchange.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Yes I'm drawing the fresh air from outside as I thought it needed to be ? Am I incorrect in that ? can I pull that hose away from the window and just have it on the cellar floor ? because it is alot cooler in the cellar than it is outside

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yes I'm drawing the fresh air from outside as I thought it needed to be ? Am I incorrect in that ? can I pull that hose away from the window and just have it on the cellar floor ? because it is alot cooler in the cellar than it is outside
Yes, although I would filter the air. Even if your "filter" is nothing more than an old nylon stocking.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm using this filter
As long as there is a pest barrier, you're good. I use my carbon filters to exhaust the air from my tents. My intake air is the ambient air of my basement. I use pole fans inside the tents to move the air around. The basement is naturally cool and it's also air conditioned. I have more (cold) temperature issues in the middle of winter here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom